Author Topic: Ron Paul on Real Time w/ Bill Maher ROUND 2 (VID INSIDE!!!!)  (Read 303 times)

jeromechickenbone

Ron Paul gets another spot on primetime television, and kicks ass yet again.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vEkjPkXHSEw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/vEkjPkXHSEw</a>

AndrE16686

Re: Ron Paul on Real Time w/ Bill Maher ROUND 2 (VID INSIDE!!!!)
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 06:13:34 AM »

Why does he want to abolish income tax though? I mean, I dont mind paying mine cus i kno it goes to building ramps for disabled people and soup for homeless people, in that sense, income tax aint so bad. Of course it also supports drug habits, so it needs better regulation and a makeover, but straight out abolishing it, I dunno.

Otherwise, when it comes to foreign affairs and civil liberties, hes got the voting record to prove his consistency and is undeniably the best candidate out there.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 07:22:12 AM by The Overfiend »

Elevz

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 07:57:18 AM »
Abolishing income tax, that's the most reasonable thing to do for a libertarian. Remember after all, income tax is theft, especially when it goes to causes that don't benefit the tax payer. Why should man pay for another man's needs, and support his dependancy? I'm personally not a supporter of this libertarian vision, but they do have a point.

As for Ron Paul... He doesn't have the charisma it takes to become a president. Maybe if you heard him on the radio, he would sound passionate, but as for seeing him on tv, he doesn't come off that sympathetic. A nice person yes, but not a great charismatic leader. That's simply the way he comes off, and it'll be enough to make a difference in the run for the presidency. Sad but true.

AndrE16686

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 08:54:39 AM »
Well Bush didnt win on the charismatic note, more due to his ordinary 'nice guy' image. 

I think Ron Paul has it in him to get a good backing, he sure dosnt look 71, he is likeable, dosnt try too hard. I think Americans are over looking at politicians as pop stars and have grown up a bit and will look into policy more. The problem is while the Left will love him for his stance on the Constitution and foreign affairs, it may be hard for him to win points from them for his stance on welfare, etc. People pay tax for a reason and dont mind doing it for particular reasons, for the military, the homeless and programs of social uplift. While its all good to scale down government spending, there is basic programs that should still be supported, that is the concern. The problem isnt really with the US spending mega dollars on welfare, hell no, the US is by no means a welfare state, the problem is with the US spending money on huge white elephant projects and operations.

He needs to go on Letterman. They would love him over there too.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 09:14:36 AM by The Overfiend »

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 09:20:07 AM »

Watch America From Freedom To Facism, it explains the income tax and what actually happens to the tax generated and it has absolutely nothing to do with improving the lives of the individuals who pay it.

Then research into what is said on here
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 09:26:53 AM by virtuoso »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 09:30:10 AM »
There is no way America is going to get rid of income tax. Even if Ron Paul is elected president, it takes more then him to get rid of it. Congress is going to have to support it, and so do citizens. You can expect a drop in tax if he's elected, but that's it.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 09:37:20 AM »

Ted have you watched this ciocumentary?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 09:45:11 AM »
No.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 09:45:20 AM »
May I ask you how you expect a country like a America to function properly without an income tax?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2007, 09:48:47 AM »

documentary* TED I definitely recommend you watch the doucmentary and you also 7even, it answers the question you just put forward.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007, 09:50:22 AM »
I'm watching it as I speak..er... type.

Elevz

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2007, 10:31:37 AM »
Well Bush didnt win on the charismatic note, more due to his ordinary 'nice guy' image. 

I think Ron Paul has it in him to get a good backing, he sure dosnt look 71, he is likeable, dosnt try too hard. I think Americans are over looking at politicians as pop stars and have grown up a bit and will look into policy more.

George W. Bush didn't win on a charismatic note? It wasn't his main pro, but without charisma, no politician will be considered trustworthy. What I see when I look at George W. Bush is a pitbull who knows what he wants and how he's going to get it. What I see when I look at Ron Paul is a visionary: someone with a dream and some hopes to get there. He's looking vulnerable during those interviews and speeches, no matter how powerful his message is.

Remember that only a maximum of 30% of the power of communications lies within the factual, verbal message - the rest is all non-verbal communication. Ron Paul lacks the presence to stand out, even though his message is so strong. He'll simply be perceived as less convenient unless he manages to work on this. You say he doesn't look 71 to you - well, he does to me. An old man with beliefs and hope - but doesn't it take more than that to be a president?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2007, 10:43:09 AM »

Watch America From Freedom To Facism, it explains the income tax and what actually happens to the tax generated and it has absolutely nothing to do with improving the lives of the individuals who pay it.

So the IRS is a government funded mafia. :o

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2007, 10:44:02 AM »
Hey, Ron Paul's in this documentary. :D

AndrE16686

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2007, 11:28:14 AM »

As Black Rob said: 'its like...WHOA'  :o
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 11:33:12 AM by The Overfiend »