Author Topic: BUSTED!! R Kelly And Usher Stole Same Girl - Proof inside  (Read 432 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
BUSTED!! R Kelly And Usher Stole Same Girl - Proof inside
« on: May 28, 2007, 12:33:54 AM »
In the world of R&B, stealing music from other artists is commonplace. Last month Beyonce was sued in federal court for recording another artist's work without permission. And now it looks like R Kelly and Usher may be the next to go down. That's because MediaTakeOut.com has learned an up and coming R&B group named Nephu is claiming that they're the original owners of the song 'Same Girl.'

A person close to the group reached out to MediaTakeOut.com - and asked us to put Usher and R Kelly On Blast! It all started earlier this year, when members of the group Nephu fell out with their record label. The separation was supposed to be amicable.

But a few weeks ago the group learned that their first single - Same Girl - had fallen into the hands of Usher and R Kelly. The insider explains, "[Nephu] has been working so hard to make it ... and their song [was] stolen from vets in the game." The insider continued, "That's the lowest thing that can be done to a group of young black males that [are] on the come up."

MediaTakeOut.com listened to both Nephu's version of 'Same Girl' and the R Kelly/Usher version - and the similarities are startling. Check it out for yourselves:

Usher and R Kelly - Same Girl http://www.zshare.net/audio/17692288e8154a/

Nephu - Same Girl link herehttp://www.zshare.net/audio/182557774fddad/

source

http://www.mediatakeout.com/5614/busted_r_kelly_and_usher_stole_their_new_song_same _girl.html
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 12:38:59 AM by Timbo the king »

Tha Psycho Hustla

Re: BUSTED!! R Kelly And Usher Stole Same Girl - Proof inside
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 12:45:52 AM »
really itneressting

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 01:07:18 AM »
fuck it i hope they sue their ass and get money.

Chief

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 02:56:15 AM »
meh whats a few dollars to them artists anyway.

it's funny how they steal shit, even though they swimmin.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 04:18:25 AM »

i imagine the label came to them and said they had this song that wasnt going to be used by the group and whether they wanted to re record it.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 04:39:50 AM »

i imagine the label came to them and said they had this song that wasnt going to be used by the group and whether they wanted to re record it.

kemizt

Blu Lacez

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 08:45:44 AM »

There i was thinking they wrote it..cot dang!!

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 08:53:56 AM »
Yesterday, R. Kelly was on Live In Tha Den with Big Tigger on the radio and Kelly was asked about this and he didn't really answer but he did say when he was writing the song he saw Usher on the record. Hmmmmm. Lol.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2007, 10:37:14 AM »
I wonder if that Nephu group actually wrote the song, or if it was an outside writer hired by the label.  But honestly either way, I'm pretty sure that their contract w/ their label would have stated that anything they recorded while signed to the label is the label's intellectual property which means they can do with it what they please.

FLACO220

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Wut Up Tho'!!
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 05:23:19 PM »
I wonder if that Nephu group actually wrote the song, or if it was an outside writer hired by the label.  But honestly either way, I'm pretty sure that their contract w/ their label would have stated that anything they recorded while signed to the label is the label's intellectual property which means they can do with it what they please.

Yeah u right...did you read what http://blogs.sohh.com/soul/archives/2007/05/usher_rkelly_an.html  said on thier site before you posted?? Im just saying...Anyways...Kells and Ushers Version is better IMO.

"There has been a silly rumor circling the Internet regarding Atlanta R&B Quartet, Nephu, Usher and R.Kelly. And at the root of the dispute is a song that has been recorded by Nephu as well as the crooner, and pied piper of R&B. Many gossip blogs and media sites are claiming that Usher and R. Kelly allegedly stole the song "Same Girl" right from up under them. And after doing a little research I found out that's not exactly what's going on.

Usher and R.Kelly's version of the song just hit radio last week, which has left Nefu feeling very salty with their now former record label Capitol Records.

Apparently the foursome originally recorded the tiled track called "Same Girl", an up tempo song that unfolds two friends revelation that they are in fact dating the same chick. The singing group was planning on it being their lead single when they, and the record label suddenly ended their relationship.

I spoke with a member of their camp exclusively who informed me that—Nephu— didn't write-nor do they own any parts to the song. So what's the beef? The group just feels slighted that the label and songwriter would Indian give the track to someone else.

In my opinion this group doesn't have a leg to stand on. If you didn't write or contribute anything to a music project nor have a contract stating anything to that effect, then you're out of gas.

And if they think that slandering the top acts of Pop and R&B music when they are trying to get in the game is a good idea, then it looks like their already doomed to fail.

WestCoast 4 Life!!

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007, 05:32:29 PM »

Yeah u right...did you read what http://blogs.sohh.com/soul/archives/2007/05/usher_rkelly_an.html  said on thier site before you posted?? Im just saying...Anyways...Kells and Ushers Version is better IMO.

"There has been a silly rumor circling the Internet regarding Atlanta R&B Quartet, Nephu, Usher and R.Kelly. And at the root of the dispute is a song that has been recorded by Nephu as well as the crooner, and pied piper of R&B. Many gossip blogs and media sites are claiming that Usher and R. Kelly allegedly stole the song "Same Girl" right from up under them. And after doing a little research I found out that's not exactly what's going on.

Usher and R.Kelly's version of the song just hit radio last week, which has left Nefu feeling very salty with their now former record label Capitol Records.

Apparently the foursome originally recorded the tiled track called "Same Girl", an up tempo song that unfolds two friends revelation that they are in fact dating the same chick. The singing group was planning on it being their lead single when they, and the record label suddenly ended their relationship.

I spoke with a member of their camp exclusively who informed me that—Nephu— didn't write-nor do they own any parts to the song. So what's the beef? The group just feels slighted that the label and songwriter would Indian give the track to someone else.

In my opinion this group doesn't have a leg to stand on. If you didn't write or contribute anything to a music project nor have a contract stating anything to that effect, then you're out of gas.

And if they think that slandering the top acts of Pop and R&B music when they are trying to get in the game is a good idea, then it looks like their already doomed to fail.

No, I didn't have any knowledge of this till I popped into this thread.  But I have read contracts before and taken law classes and this is very basic stuff.  If they didn't write it, and further recorded on company time the company is going to have the rights to that intellectual property.  In fact, even if they did write it, it's still probably the labels property anyway.

Lots of Hip Hop artists are extremely ignorant when it comes to contracts w/ their label.  Most of the time they don't hire a lawyer to explain it to them, and if there is a lawyer he's on the label's payroll so he's not gonna divulge too much anyway.  And then you hear all these cats saying labels are stealing from them (exactly like this here) when in fact their dumb asses don't take the time to read their contracts and expressly consent to exactly what it's going on. 

These raps dudes walkin around talking about they're business men but don't even know to read their contracts?  It's a joke.

FLACO220

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Wut Up Tho'!!
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 05:46:30 PM »

No, I didn't have any knowledge of this till I popped into this thread.  But I have read contracts before and taken law classes and this is very basic stuff.  If they didn't write it, and further recorded on company time the company is going to have the rights to that intellectual property.  In fact, even if they did write it, it's still probably the labels property anyway.

Lots of Hip Hop artists are extremely ignorant when it comes to contracts w/ their label.  Most of the time they don't hire a lawyer to explain it to them, and if there is a lawyer he's on the label's payroll so he's not gonna divulge too much anyway.  And then you hear all these cats saying labels are stealing from them (exactly like this here) when in fact their dumb asses don't take the time to read their contracts and expressly consent to exactly what it's going on. 

These raps dudes walkin around talking about they're business men but don't even know to read their contracts?  It's a joke.

Haha...yeah...I don't feel that bad about it anyways...tough luck for Nephu...there's room for so many artist and if they really want it they be back...hope they learned thier lesson. Good shit tho'.
WestCoast 4 Life!!