Author Topic: Interesting Kobe article.............  (Read 1248 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: Interesting Kobe article.............
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2007, 07:07:02 PM »
The Lakers were in no condition to play the Pistons in the 04 Finals. Too many internal issues, too many injuries, too man new players who didn't understand the triangle. The blame shouldn't all go to Shaq but it shouldn't all go to Kobe either.

no one is saying that. i was the one infact who said it was only kobe and shaq pulling any weight in that series , we got exploited everywhere else. NIK was the one shifting blame to one player

NIK is a moron who doesn't deserve to be on the internet. Why even respond to him?

Someone is upset that they've been called out on being  a Laker fan casual basketball fan who likes Kobe. :-X

Upset? Lol lil Niky you give yourself too much credit. I could care less what you say about me. You're opinions hold no credit my bitch.

If you weren't upset, my nuts wouldn't be all up in your mouth in every other one of your posts in this section. What happened, woke up bloody today?

:o Congratulations Nickole. You finally made a response without mentioning the Lakers of your ever popular "net status"  :raisetheroof:
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

teecee

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2007, 09:07:12 PM »
The Lakers were in no condition to play the Pistons in the 04 Finals. Too many internal issues, too many injuries, too man new players who didn't understand the triangle. The blame shouldn't all go to Shaq but it shouldn't all go to Kobe either.

no one is saying that. i was the one infact who said it was only kobe and shaq pulling any weight in that series , we got exploited everywhere else. NIK was the one shifting blame to one player

NIK is a moron who doesn't deserve to be on the internet. Why even respond to him?

Someone is upset that they've been called out on being  a Laker fan casual basketball fan who likes Kobe. :-X

Why exactly is Gangsta Boogy not a diehard fan?  Because he is unbiased, and not completely blinded by his love for his team?  To be a real fan, you don't have to dickride............

And how the fuck is Kobe "backing up" Mitch Kupchak?   Kobe is showing just how immature he is with his comments about the Lakers GM.  I understand he is frustrated, but he has totally undermined Kupchaks authority and put the Lakers whole team in a bad situation. 

Kobe is the most talented player in the league and should be the best player, but he is not a leader and not a team player.  If he could check his ego, he would have 5 titles, 2 playoff MVP's, and life would be good.................

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2007, 12:49:19 AM »
LOL, Kobe absolutely put Mitch on blast.  He can't ask for Jerry West to replace Kupchak and act like that's not a slap in the face of the man who supported him blindly.  By Kobe saying he trusts West completely means that he doesn't trust Kupchak completely.

That's why Kobe is a bitch.  Be a fucking man and say Kupchak ain't bringin us talent to win, we NEED Jerry West.  Don't say you need Jerry West to make you a contender and then act like that's not what you're saying.  Fuckin man up, quit half steppin.  Kobe has bitch tendancies.  He can hide them for a while but they always come out in the end.

He never asked to replace Mitch. ::) He asked to hire Jerry West...That can be as a consultant or ANYTHING. Kobe is a bitch for wanting Jerry West? LMAO. :stupid:

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2007, 12:50:18 AM »

Upset? Lol lil Niky you give yourself too much credit. I could care less what you say about me. You're opinions hold no credit my bitch.

If you weren't upset, my nuts wouldn't be all up in your mouth in every other one of your posts in this section. What happened, woke up bloody today?

:o Congratulations Nickole. You finally made a response without mentioning the Lakers of your ever popular "net status"  :raisetheroof:

That was your "comeback"?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2007, 12:55:02 AM »

Why exactly is Gangsta Boogy not a diehard fan?  Because he is unbiased, and not completely blinded by his love for his team?  To be a real fan, you don't have to dickride............

And how the fuck is Kobe "backing up" Mitch Kupchak?   Kobe is showing just how immature he is with his comments about the Lakers GM.  I understand he is frustrated, but he has totally undermined Kupchaks authority and put the Lakers whole team in a bad situation. 

Kobe is the most talented player in the league and should be the best player, but he is not a leader and not a team player.  If he could check his ego, he would have 5 titles, 2 playoff MVP's, and life would be good.................

Why don't you make sense out of the situation. You do have a brain, correct? Kobe is trying to win, not diss anyone...You ask how is Kobe backing Mitch?

"I trust Mitch completely," says Bryant, " I don't people believing me to be bashing anybody. Mitch is a great guy."

LOL. Come on now. You know damn well what's going on. Kobe wants a contender around him, and the media will find any way to turn that into him being a "bitch". Then the haters go along with it, and it's a neverending cycle. Explain how Kobe could have 5 titles and 2 mvps with the (lack of) talent surrounding him? :loco:

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2007, 08:34:23 PM »

Some recent history: In 2004, following a 5-game loss to the Detroit Pistons in the NBA Finals, the Lakers traded Shaquille O'Neal. With that series in evidence, it seemed an odd choice. O'Neal had averaged 26.6 points on 63 percent shooting and almost 11 rebounds a game. Kobe Bryant, by contrast, played poorly through most of the series, scoring 22.6 a game on just 38 percent shooting. His success rate from behind the three-point line — where he tried his chances with regularity — was just 17 percent.

Shaq did his part in the 2004 finals. And then Kobe got him traded. (Jeff Haynes / Getty Images)

oh NIK, was it you that said shaq lost the finals for us? did you read that in some laker book, because i'm not the only one defending the fact that shaq did more than pull his weight.

I never said Shaq fucked us in the finals, he fucked us in the long-run... but Ben Wallace DID have his card in that series. Anyone who denies this didn't watch.

i don't understand how you can say that, shaq averaged 26.6 points with impecible field goal percentage. <-----that doesn't equal having anyone's card.  the detroit backcourt had kobe's card more than the front court had shaq's , that's for damn sure.  ben and elden provided the most effective defense on shaq but they never not once stopped him in that series. but like i said the lakers got beat mostly because of injuries, and the way they were able to exploit our weakness at the point, small and power forward positions. they beat us how teams are beating the lakers now.... make kobe win the game for you . they also denied entry to shaq (payton's/fisher's bad). They made fox, george, and horry non factors. they made malone bang in the post on a fucked up leg . you can't win with those conditions.  you have a healthy malone and you have a 4th championship in LA in the shaq kobe era though, you have at least 3 players on the floor that dominate at their position you can't be stopped. the lakers only had 2 , and were totally overmatched.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2007, 08:42:37 PM »

Some recent history: In 2004, following a 5-game loss to the Detroit Pistons in the NBA Finals, the Lakers traded Shaquille O'Neal. With that series in evidence, it seemed an odd choice. O'Neal had averaged 26.6 points on 63 percent shooting and almost 11 rebounds a game. Kobe Bryant, by contrast, played poorly through most of the series, scoring 22.6 a game on just 38 percent shooting. His success rate from behind the three-point line — where he tried his chances with regularity — was just 17 percent.

Shaq did his part in the 2004 finals. And then Kobe got him traded. (Jeff Haynes / Getty Images)

oh NIK, was it you that said shaq lost the finals for us? did you read that in some laker book, because i'm not the only one defending the fact that shaq did more than pull his weight.

I never said Shaq fucked us in the finals, he fucked us in the long-run... but Ben Wallace DID have his card in that series. Anyone who denies this didn't watch.

i don't understand how you can say that, shaq averaged 26.6 points with impecible field goal percentage. <-----that doesn't equal having anyone's card.  the detroit backcourt had kobe's card more than the front court had shaq's , that's for damn sure.  ben and elden provided the most effective defense on shaq but they never not once stopped him in that series. but like i said the lakers got beat mostly because of injuries, and the way they were able to exploit our weakness at the point, small and power forward positions. they beat us how teams are beating the lakers now.... make kobe win the game for you . they also denied entry to shaq (payton's/fisher's bad). They made fox, george, and horry non factors. they made malone bang in the post on a fucked up leg . you can't win with those conditions.  you have a healthy malone and you have a 4th championship in LA in the shaq kobe era though, you have at least 3 players on the floor that dominate at their position you can't be stopped. the lakers only had 2 , and were totally overmatched.

Big deal, 26.6 points, that's still his lowest average in a finals series and isn't the dominant Shaq we're used to. Ben simply outplayed him on the defensive end. Not saying it's Shaq's fault, but Shaq did constantly put us in positions where we couldn't win due to his lack of work ethic and declining will. The Detroit series is only a small fraction of what was going on.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2007, 08:48:22 PM »
lol 26.6 is BAAAAAD shows no work ethic?? !!??  lol, he was playing on a team with kobe bryant , gary payton and karl malone,lol. he was shooting over 60%!!!! 60 % how was he getting dominated on the defensive end by ben wallace?  with those numbers , with that age, with that situation with that defense that is vintage shaq. period point blank also that is a higher average than his regular season average, so you can not say he didn't step it up. like i said , the lakers didn't lose because of shaq, they lost because of injury and bad contigency match ups at 3 key positions. 3 beats 2 every time.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2007, 10:24:41 AM »
lol 26.6 is BAAAAAD shows no work ethic?? !!??  lol, he was playing on a team with kobe bryant , gary payton and karl malone,lol. he was shooting over 60%!!!! 60 % how was he getting dominated on the defensive end by ben wallace?  with those numbers , with that age, with that situation with that defense that is vintage shaq. period point blank also that is a higher average than his regular season average, so you can not say he didn't step it up. like i said , the lakers didn't lose because of shaq, they lost because of injury and bad contigency match ups at 3 key positions. 3 beats 2 every time.

Once again, I never said we lost in the FINALS because of Shaq...Shaq helped us lose out in the long run. What coulda' been 6+ titles was only 3, and I believe 100% that it's due to Shaq's work ethic and lack of conditioning + excuses for time off during "company time"...PeACe

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2007, 12:28:31 PM »
let's get something straight here ,because it's becoming more and more evident with this whole kobe situation. we can now conclude that the problem all along was jerry buss, shaq saw this and that's why he acted out the way he did. much like how kobe is doing right now. blame , maybe unfairly was shifted all toward kobe, however i see where the problem started, shaq was starting to feel neglected by and ignored by jerry buss. KOBE was his new crown jewel, but lets face it kobe was still ON THE VERGE of becoming the leader, he wasn't (and still isn't ready) to be the leader of that organization (like magic and kareem) jerry buss was shifting toward a premature shift of power. Shaq, the 3 time finals MVP wasn't ready and wasn't in need to step down just yet, as you saw in miami he didn't hand over power til last season, when the time was right. Shaq rebeled like most people as important to an organization would and made such high demands, to see where Buss was standing with him and kobe, jerry buss obviously chose kobe over shaq. shaq hated this ideal of favoritism, and took out his frustration on the organization.....much how kobe is now. this created tension between kobe and shaq and you can see now that all that needed to happen was reassurance from management that they wanted both players on the team, not just one. i've been saying this all along. they could have made shaq happy without overpaying him....all he wanted was respect from Dr. buss. all of buss's respect was for kobe, bad business DOCTOR. They could have Paid kobe what kobe wanted and kept him with the lakers and kept shaq on the condition of a switch of power within the next few years, realistically this would have been last season, Kobe OBVIOUSLY would have benefitted like wade has been with his emence skill and the other players on the team would benefit from shaq's presence and leadership skill, the only thing changing would be the offense would run through kobe. it's unfortunate DR. Buss couldn't show his players the respect to keep both in town, now he's facing a situation where he'll have neither of them , what a fucking shame. i'm still not a big kobe fan but i can now sympathise with him wanting a trade. management FUCKED up since Jerry west left. Magic needs to become majority owner and reshape this organization. I'm not big on any of the buss's right now except maybe Geanie because she's the only thing keeping phil jackson there if you think about. we need change in this organization and we need it NOW, bring back West or someone else besides mitch no ball Cup-check.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2007, 03:49:46 PM »
let's get something straight here ,because it's becoming more and more evident with this whole kobe situation. we can now conclude that the problem all along was jerry buss, shaq saw this and that's why he acted out the way he did. much like how kobe is doing right now. blame , maybe unfairly was shifted all toward kobe, however i see where the problem started, shaq was starting to feel neglected by and ignored by jerry buss. KOBE was his new crown jewel, but lets face it kobe was still ON THE VERGE of becoming the leader, he wasn't (and still isn't ready) to be the leader of that organization (like magic and kareem) jerry buss was shifting toward a premature shift of power. Shaq, the 3 time finals MVP wasn't ready and wasn't in need to step down just yet, as you saw in miami he didn't hand over power til last season, when the time was right. Shaq rebeled like most people as important to an organization would and made such high demands, to see where Buss was standing with him and kobe, jerry buss obviously chose kobe over shaq. shaq hated this ideal of favoritism, and took out his frustration on the organization.....much how kobe is now. this created tension between kobe and shaq and you can see now that all that needed to happen was reassurance from management that they wanted both players on the team, not just one. i've been saying this all along. they could have made shaq happy without overpaying him....all he wanted was respect from Dr. buss. all of buss's respect was for kobe, bad business DOCTOR. They could have Paid kobe what kobe wanted and kept him with the lakers and kept shaq on the condition of a switch of power within the next few years, realistically this would have been last season, Kobe OBVIOUSLY would have benefitted like wade has been with his emence skill and the other players on the team would benefit from shaq's presence and leadership skill, the only thing changing would be the offense would run through kobe. it's unfortunate DR. Buss couldn't show his players the respect to keep both in town, now he's facing a situation where he'll have neither of them , what a fucking shame. i'm still not a big kobe fan but i can now sympathise with him wanting a trade. management FUCKED up since Jerry west left. Magic needs to become majority owner and reshape this organization. I'm not big on any of the buss's right now except maybe Geanie because she's the only thing keeping phil jackson there if you think about. we need change in this organization and we need it NOW, bring back West or someone else besides mitch no ball Cup-check.

Dude, Shaq is still a major part of the problem, considering he acted like a little bitch towards the Lakers to begin with. Refusing to condition, refusing an NBA diet to keep in shape, refusing to work in practice, refusing to negotiate his contract and demanding an insane amount (going as far as yelling "pay me, mtuthafucka" to Buss in a pre-season game), refusing to operate and nurse injuries on his own time, refusing to rebound and play defense if the offense doesn't run through him, etc....The Kobe situation has only proven that Kobe had no involvement, not that Shaq wasn't to blame for what happened. That said, I am totally against the way Jerry Buss has alienated players for some time now. When you have a guy like that workin with an immature baby like Shaq, shit is bound to clash...PeACe

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2007, 05:50:31 PM »
you just said it, jerry buss is alienating his players, do you think that if he wasn't doing that , a player like shaq wouldn't have been doing the things he was doing? situation determines behavior.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2007, 08:34:09 PM »
you just said it, jerry buss is alienating his players, do you think that if he wasn't doing that , a player like shaq wouldn't have been doing the things he was doing? situation determines behavior.

Shaq=immature/lazy. Showing up to camp fat and out of shape, rarely conditioning, and not keeping an NBA diet, while purposely missing company time has nothing to do with him being alienated. Do you see Kobe (or anyone else for that matter) doing that? Point proven. ;)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2007, 08:35:32 PM »
Shaq's departure = End of a dynasty

8)
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2007, 08:38:42 PM »

Shaq=immature/lazy. Showing up to camp fat and out of shape, rarely conditioning, and not keeping an NBA diet, while purposely missing company time has nothing to do with him being alienated. Do you see Kobe (or anyone else for that matter) doing that? Point proven. ;)

And yet, with all the bad things Shaq did, he still led the team to 4 finals appearances and 3 titles...and Kobe, with his perfect team-first attitude, dedication to his team and his wife, can't even win a playoff series.

Sorry, but give me an out of shape Shaq that get my team to the Finals than a guy that can't make it past the first round.
NIK - World's worst moderator.