Author Topic: Lebron James will be the best player in basketball in 2-3 years.  (Read 1666 times)

teecee

Man, i was not even a real big fan of him, especially after the lacklustre (for him) year he had, but its like this:

The league HAS NEVER seen someone this size with his athleticism and talent, and it gets scarier:  HE WILL IMPROVE.....

He has a weak post -up game, which is ridiculous considering his size. LEARN TO POST UP LEBRON!

His defense definitely still needs improvement.  ALTHOUGH HE MADE SOME KEY STEALS LAST GAME!

His jump shot is erratic and inconsistent.  I NEVER FEEL LIKE ITS GOING IN, LOOKS HORRENDOUS AT TIMES

THe thing is, all these things can be improved with practice, and no NBA player (besides Penny) has ever peaked at 22. 

Lebron will never score 81 in a game, but you have to think he could lead the league in scoring if he wanted to, although his assists would suffer.  Which leads me to another point:

For Lebron to be at his best, he needs to be surrounded by better talent, as the best part of his game is his passing.  Teammates love him and feel comfortable with him, which is why a guy like Boobie Gibson can come up big in the playoffs instead of being intimidated.

I originally thought Lebron wouldn't be able to handle the pressure when he first came to the league, and thought he had fallen off a bit this year, but in reality this is only the beginning.  He is only the third player ever to average 27,6, and 6 three years in a row, and when he is done he will be the only player to ever do it 10 straight. 

IF he leads his team to the finals at 22, he becomes the first player to do that with out a true second option.  AND, the CAVS become the worst team to EVER make it to the finals, all because of Lebron (and  partly because of the weakness of the East). 

GangstaBoogy

Re: Lebron James will be the best player in basketball in 2-3 years.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 03:32:16 PM »
The league HAS NEVER seen someone this size with his athleticism and talent 

Wade > Lebron
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 03:39:50 PM »
Daniel Gibson is good.  I watched him play quite a bit in college.  He's got all-star potential especially if he can really start getting some good minutes w/ Lebron.  Imagine if they still had Boozer :o

Lebron really showed that he does have the brilliance that he's always  been hyped to have in that last game.  He needs to have that sense of urgency and competitiveness throughout the entire season though, and I'm not sure he's shown that yet.  Maybe that last game was a real breakthrough and we'll start seeing a new side to him, one that can singlehandedly will his team to win.  If he can focus that energy every night, he can be the best player in the league.

I think tonight we're obviously gonna see a lot more doubles on Lebron, and much better collapsing defense when he drives.  Someone else on the Cavs is gonna have to step up in a big way in order for them to win.  Detroit is easily superior from top to bottom.  And while I really love Detroit's style of play, LeBron has really gotten me hoping to see the Cavs advance just to see what he could muster up against the Spurs.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 03:40:36 PM »

Wade > Lebron
tell me your not comparing james to grand mama..... :eh:

PLANT

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 04:36:52 PM »

Wade > Lebron
its not even comparable.  LJ played PF, LBJ is the PG, no way Larry Johnson could ever handle and distribute the ball the way LeBron can.  LeBron is way better at creating his own shot also.  Bad comparison IMO

teecee

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 04:40:32 PM »

Wade > Lebron

Hilarious comparison man!  Definitely your idea of humor, right?!!!?  LJ's best season wasn't even as good as Lebrons rookie year, plus dude didn't have court vision at all, wasn't as fast, not a good ball handler, etc.  Did yoo see him play?

And Jrome, you're right, I have a feeling that Gibson is gonna be a great sidekick for LBJ over the next few years, he is fearless.  Between Huges injury problems and his general lack of clutchness, its surprises the hell out of me that Cleveland was even able to beat NJ

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 06:22:49 PM »
AND, the CAVS become the worst team to EVER make it to the finals,

Not weaker than the Heat of last season.

Honestly, LeBron has a chance, but I don't see it happening. And LOL@LeBron being the point guard.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2007, 06:32:06 PM »

Wade > Lebron
its not even comparable.  LJ played PF, LBJ is the PG, no way Larry Johnson could ever handle and distribute the ball the way LeBron can.  LeBron is way better at creating his own shot also.  Bad comparison IMO

Yeah a 6'6 power forward. He averaged a double-double his first two seasons.

Grant Hill (a 6'8 sf aswell) averaged 21 points, 9 rebounds, 7 assists for a whole season.

Lebron is a great player but you guys are taking your lust for him a lil too far. Give the kid time to grow.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

teecee

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 07:14:32 PM »
AND, the CAVS become the worst team to EVER make it to the finals,

Not weaker than the Heat of last season.

Honestly, LeBron has a chance, but I don't see it happening. And LOL@LeBron being the point guard.

You are killing me NIK, straight killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Player for player, tell me, how exactly the Cavs are better than the Heat last year?  I know you hate Shaq, but seriously!  Sometimes you take it to far!  Shaq may not be great anymore, but do you realize how easy he makes it for others with the attention he draws?  Oh wait, of course you do, he played for the Lakers for years and won three playoff MVP's. 

Wade= Lebron

And I don't know who said Lebron was a point guard, but he is a point forward sort of player.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2007, 08:39:21 PM »
^^Im killing you? LMAO. You're acting like Miami has been some elite powerhouse in the league. They're the worst champions of all time. This Cleveland team would take them in 7.

teecee

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2007, 08:42:06 PM »
^^Im killing you? LMAO. You're acting like Miami has been some elite powerhouse in the league. They're the worst champions of all time. This Cleveland team would take them in 7.

They are CHAMPIONS!!!!   They were the only team to win 16 playoff games last year ,and they beat the best team from the west.  What about that is so hard for you to understand? 

Oh, its because the Heat had Shaq and Wade, and they steal shine from you know who....

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2007, 08:48:06 PM »
^^Why do you have to make everything personal over opinions, like you're used to losing or something? The Heat were underdogs in the playoffs last year and got extremely lucky. They faced a soft Dallas team in last years finals (as was proven again this year)...Anyone who doesn't think the Heat are some of the weakest champions ever must have NOT watched them play...PeACe

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2007, 09:04:03 PM »
What also makes LeBron great is how he can live with the team winning without him scoring. When he realizes he's being defended too hard and he's not in the zone, his teammates get more room and he passes the ball well and lets them get the shine, like with Gibson today. You know some other players, wcsoldier prohibited me to name names  ;D wouldn't allow a 47th pick rookie to get the shine in such a game and rather jack up shots...
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

teecee

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2007, 09:05:19 PM »
20, 14, and 8 in a subpar evening for Lebron.   The thing with Lebron is this; he doesn't have to force it, he doesn't care about scoring.  We all know he can score if he has to, but he'd rather dish and as long as he is surrounded with shooters, teams will pay for double teaming him.

Some star players would've tried to shoot anyway even when faced with triple teams, but Lebron has more basketball sense than most.  I completely agree with you 7even, this victory wouldn't have happened if certain players switched teams.......

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2007, 11:28:58 PM »
^^Why do you have to make everything personal over opinions, like you're used to losing or something? The Heat were underdogs in the playoffs last year and got extremely lucky. They faced a soft Dallas team in last years finals (as was proven again this year)...Anyone who doesn't think the Heat are some of the weakest champions ever must have NOT watched them play...PeACe

Miami beat dallas , dallas beat san antonio and pheonix, pheonix beat the lakers. logic says Miami>Lakers. you thoght the lakers would win the championship last year if it had not been for 'one rebound',lol . so logic says if the lakers would have won last year they would have been the worst champions ever.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09