Author Topic: Lebron James will be the best player in basketball in 2-3 years.  (Read 1658 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Lebron James will be the best player in basketball in 2-3 years.
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2007, 10:17:57 AM »
The fact of the matter is that Kobe was too much of a diva to defer to the great Shaquille O'Neal...While he should have valued the luxery to play with such a dominant center so early in his career, he got pissed. I bet Kobe doesn't have a brother.

You're right...It wasn't the other way around, Kobe NEVER sacrificed his game to win, he never deferred to Shaq for years when he was considered the best player in the league and woulda been the first option on ANY other team. It was Kobe who got pissed when Shaq got attention, right? Kobe was the one who felt his stardom subsiding...

LMAO... You truly prove that you have no clue what you're saying. Next. :laugh:

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2007, 10:52:04 AM »
lol who on the cavs besides lebron is all star quality ,lol . Odom>>>>>>>>>Gooden/illgoofus/snow/marshall/jones' anyday of the week ,lol

Odom is not a point guard and Odom is not a true big. He does not fill one of our main holes in the triangle (center, point guard). Cleveland doesn't have any holes in their system. Ilgauskas (center), Huges (point guard/shooting guard), and Gooden (power forward) have all been all-star caliber players and are all experienced vets...The fact that you keep ignoring all this boggles my mind.

Z is one of the slowest players I ever saw, sometimes he looks like he was on some pot. Hughes, being a 15 mil per year FA signing, is absolutely horrible for that signing and not a true PG. Gooden has a really low basketball IQ and acts far from experienced. LeBron does not have a All-Star calibre supporting cast. You're just being a hater, there is nothing more to it. You can come up with the same "arguments" all week and act as if nobody was able to grasp their amazing depth, when all there is to it that you're just wrong, while blinded by true hate.

Yea, I guess LeBron's supporting cast doesn't come through for him then... ::)

If I "dickride" Kobe, then what is what you're doing for LeBron called? It's not a ride, it's a fucking journey. :-X

You're the one calling Kobe's supporting cast "D-League" team and at the same time you call LeBron's supporting cast "All-Star" team... LOL. How's your journey going for you?

The fact of the matter is that Kobe was too much of a diva to defer to the great Shaquille O'Neal...While he should have valued the luxery to play with such a dominant center so early in his career, he got pissed. I bet Kobe doesn't have a brother.

You're right...It wasn't the other way around, Kobe NEVER sacrificed his game to win, he never deferred to Shaq for years when he was considered the best player in the league and woulda been the first option on ANY other team. It was Kobe who got pissed when Shaq got attention, right? Kobe was the one who felt his stardom subsiding...

Kobe was having a problem with Shaq to get all the attention and possessions way before the team broke apart... reducing the Kobe/Shaq situation to 2004 is not the right thing to do. Either way I don't have to prove anything regarding that claim. Everybody knows it.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

teecee

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2007, 11:23:55 AM »
^^It went with Kobe doing the same exact thing and his teammates letting him down this time, followed by the media shitting on him, claiming that he let the Lakers down by not shooting enough and trying to involve the team too much. When LeBron is a one man show (Game 5), the media crowns him for it. When Kobe is a one man show, the media crucifies him for it. When LeBron disappears, it's cuz he has faith in his teammates and knows how to get others involved. When Kobe disappears, it's cuz he's letting his teammates down and quitting on his team. The media rules your mind.  Even you can't deny this.

the diference between lebron and kobe is .....lebron leads his team to victory.

The difference between LeBron's team and Kobe's team is LeBron's team plays in the east and has a nice supporting cast with all-star caliber veterans and players who fit the system perfectly. Sorry, but your comparisons suck man. You can't truly tell me you believe LeBron is CURRENTLY as talented as Kobe and as well-rounded as a player, can you? I think your love for Shaq, resulting in your heavy dislike for Kobe goes a bit too far sometimes. Maybe that's not why you're saying this, but it seems a little weird that someone would actually believe LeBron is currently as good as Kobe...PeACe

All i need to know is this: who are these ALL STAR CALIBRE VETERANS????  Please inform me who is more talented than Odom who is currently on the Cavs?  Hughes?  The dude playing with an injury?  Or is it Ilgauskas, a nice player but has no athleticism. Who are these all-star calibre players?  Maybe Gibson in the future, but he is a rookie and didn't have an impressive regular season at all?

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2007, 11:56:07 AM »
What also makes LeBron great is how he can live with the team winning without him scoring. When he realizes he's being defended too hard and he's not in the zone, his teammates get more room and he passes the ball well and lets them get the shine, like with Gibson today. You know some other players, wcsoldier prohibited me to name names  ;D wouldn't allow a 47th pick rookie to get the shine in such a game and rather jack up shots...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/LAL20060428.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/LAL20060430.html

SONNED.

Kobe is not God, man! Let's be real: he totally fucked up Game-1 of this years P.O. against the Suns, the most important game of the season. We started the 4th quarter by having a 3 points lead and Kobe totally fucked it up by shooting when triple-teamed with stupid fadeways and off-balanced shots. He shot 1/8 from 2pts and 0/2 from 3pts, with just 1 fucking assist.

The truth is that sometimes Kobe have bad decisions. And he makes a lot of mistakes too. LeBron has done mistakes too, and has had wack games too. But you're making it looks like LeBron is garbage and Kobe is perfect. And it's not the truth, imho.

Kobe > LeBron, but let's give LeBron props.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 11:58:13 AM by Antonio »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2007, 12:14:44 PM »
lol who on the cavs besides lebron is all star quality ,lol . Odom>>>>>>>>>Gooden/illgoofus/snow/marshall/jones' anyday of the week ,lol

Odom is not a point guard and Odom is not a true big. He does not fill one of our main holes in the triangle (center, point guard). Cleveland doesn't have any holes in their system. Ilgauskas (center), Huges (point guard/shooting guard), and Gooden (power forward) have all been all-star caliber players and are all experienced vets...The fact that you keep ignoring all this boggles my mind.

Z is one of the slowest players I ever saw, sometimes he looks like he was on some pot. Hughes, being a 15 mil per year FA signing, is absolutely horrible for that signing and not a true PG. Gooden has a really low basketball IQ and acts far from experienced. LeBron does not have a All-Star calibre supporting cast. You're just being a hater, there is nothing more to it. You can come up with the same "arguments" all week and act as if nobody was able to grasp their amazing depth, when all there is to it that you're just wrong, while blinded by true hate.

Yea, I guess LeBron's supporting cast doesn't come through for him then... ::)

If I "dickride" Kobe, then what is what you're doing for LeBron called? It's not a ride, it's a fucking journey. :-X

You're the one calling Kobe's supporting cast "D-League" team and at the same time you call LeBron's supporting cast "All-Star" team... LOL. How's your journey going for you?

Fact of the matter is...LeBron's supporting cast comes through for him when he disappears. Kobe's does not.

Kobe was having a problem with Shaq to get all the attention and possessions way before the team broke apart... reducing the Kobe/Shaq situation to 2004 is not the right thing to do. Either way I don't have to prove anything regarding that claim. Everybody knows it.

Yea. Everyone knows that Kobe is the one who got jealous when Shaq's popularity started increasing and cried about it like a baby...I can tell you've read a lot on the situation...NOT. :laugh:

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2007, 12:18:37 PM »
^^It went with Kobe doing the same exact thing and his teammates letting him down this time, followed by the media shitting on him, claiming that he let the Lakers down by not shooting enough and trying to involve the team too much. When LeBron is a one man show (Game 5), the media crowns him for it. When Kobe is a one man show, the media crucifies him for it. When LeBron disappears, it's cuz he has faith in his teammates and knows how to get others involved. When Kobe disappears, it's cuz he's letting his teammates down and quitting on his team. The media rules your mind.  Even you can't deny this.

The difference between LeBron's team and Kobe's team is LeBron's team plays in the east and has a nice supporting cast with all-star caliber veterans and players who fit the system perfectly. Sorry, but your comparisons suck man. You can't truly tell me you believe LeBron is CURRENTLY as talented as Kobe and as well-rounded as a player, can you? I think your love for Shaq, resulting in your heavy dislike for Kobe goes a bit too far sometimes. Maybe that's not why you're saying this, but it seems a little weird that someone would actually believe LeBron is currently as good as Kobe...PeACe

All i need to know is this: who are these ALL STAR CALIBRE VETERANS????  Please inform me who is more talented than Odom who is currently on the Cavs?  Hughes?  The dude playing with an injury?  Or is it Ilgauskas, a nice player but has no athleticism. Who are these all-star calibre players?  Maybe Gibson in the future, but he is a rookie and didn't have an impressive regular season at all?

Ilguaskas is a center. He's an all-star caliber player. Drew Gooden is a power forward. He's an all-star caliber player. Larry Hughes is a point guard/shooting guard. He's an all-star caliber player...Who besides Odom (who plays a position we're stacked in) is an all-star caliber player on the Lakers? We didn't even have a SERVICEABLE point guard or center! Admit that LeBron has a supporting cast who can win games without him. Admit Kobe doesn't. That's all I'm asking...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2007, 12:23:18 PM »
What also makes LeBron great is how he can live with the team winning without him scoring. When he realizes he's being defended too hard and he's not in the zone, his teammates get more room and he passes the ball well and lets them get the shine, like with Gibson today. You know some other players, wcsoldier prohibited me to name names  ;D wouldn't allow a 47th pick rookie to get the shine in such a game and rather jack up shots...

SONNED.

Kobe is not God, man! Let's be real: he totally fucked up Game-1 of this years P.O. against the Suns, the most important game of the season. We started the 4th quarter by having a 3 points lead and Kobe totally fucked it up by shooting when triple-teamed with stupid fadeways and off-balanced shots. He shot 1/8 from 2pts and 0/2 from 3pts, with just 1 fucking assist.

The truth is that sometimes Kobe have bad decisions. And he makes a lot of mistakes too. LeBron has done mistakes too, and has had wack games too. But you're making it looks like LeBron is garbage and Kobe is perfect. And it's not the truth, imho.

DUDE...UNLIKE LEBRON, KOBE IS FORCED TO TAKE THOSE OUTRAGEOUS SHOTS. You, out of everyone, should know this, especially seeing the way our team played this year. You see what happens when he defers. He's "ruining the game by refusing to shoot" when his teammates don't make shots. What's a win-win situation for LeBron ends up being a lose-lose situation with Kobe. I'm surprised, Antonio. LeBron is very good, and I keep saying this over and over, but I am very surprised that you're cool with people putting him on Kobe's level... :-\

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2007, 12:25:12 PM »

Ilguaskas is a center. He's an all-star caliber player. Drew Gooden is a power forward. He's an all-star caliber player. Larry Hughes is a point guard/shooting guard. He's an all-star caliber player...Who besides Odom (who plays a position we're stacked in) is an all-star caliber player on the Lakers? We didn't even have a SERVICEABLE point guard or center! Admit that LeBron has a supporting cast who can win games without him. Admit Kobe doesn't. That's all I'm asking...PeACe

Ilguaskas WAS an all-star caliber player. Drew Gooden has NEVER  been an all-star caliber player, he needs to improve on sooo much. Larry Hughes had a few all-star worthy seasons, but I don't think anyone would consider him all-star material. You KNOW Hughes couldn't make his team a winner if he's the first option, Z's feet suck and Gooden just needs more experience.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2007, 12:32:34 PM »

Ilguaskas WAS an all-star caliber player. Drew Gooden has NEVER  been an all-star caliber player, he needs to improve on sooo much. Larry Hughes had a few all-star worthy seasons, but I don't think anyone would consider him all-star material. You KNOW Hughes couldn't make his team a winner if he's the first option, Z's feet suck and Gooden just needs more experience.

I'm not saying they're all-stars, I'm sayng they're all-star CALIBER players, meaning they've either made the team or been on the ballot...Drew Gooden will always get you double figures. Ilgauskas is better than any current center on the Lakers. Hughes had a season where he averaged 22 points and 3 steals. And what about the experience on that team? Is it comparable to the experience on the Lakers? Do you deny that LeBron's supporting cast is a way better unit? Do you deny their ability to play team defense, something the Lakers heavily lacked in? Come on now, homie...PeACe

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2007, 12:35:37 PM »

I'm not saying they're all-stars, I'm sayng they're all-star CALIBER players, meaning they've either made the team or been on the ballot...Drew Gooden will always get you double figures. Ilgauskas is better than any current center on the Lakers. Hughes had a season where he averaged 22 points and 3 steals. And what about the experience on that team? Is it comparable to the experience on the Lakers? Do you deny that LeBron's supporting cast is a way better unit? Do you deny their ability to play team defense, something the Lakers heavily lacked in? Come on now, homie...PeACe

All that shit is irrelevant, Z was an all-star years ago, not anymore, not an all-star caliber player at all, same with Hughes. You consider an all-star caliber player to be one just for making the ballot? so Primoz Brezec is a pereniall all-star caliber player too?

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2007, 12:39:14 PM »

SONNED.

DUDE...UNLIKE LEBRON, KOBE IS FORCED TO TAKE THOSE OUTRAGEOUS SHOTS. You, out of everyone, should know this, especially seeing the way our team played this year. You see what happens when he defers. He's "ruining the game by refusing to shoot" when his teammates don't make shots. What's a win-win situation for LeBron ends up being a lose-lose situation with Kobe. I'm surprised, Antonio. LeBron is very good, and I keep saying this over and over, but I am very surprised that you're cool with people putting him on Kobe's level... :-\

Hey, i've never said they're on the same level! Don't get me wrong. I wrote it and i'll repeat it: Kobe > LeBron.

You know what's your problem, imho? You're not wrong, but when you have to defend your point (example Kobe > LeBron) against people who disagree with you sometimes you forces the things too much, and it looks like to you Kobe is God and LeBron is garbage. It's not like that. I just wanted to make it clear. Kobe is NOT God. He has had wack games too, and sometimes it was because of his teammates not stepping-up, sometimes it was because of bad decisions by Kobe. But he's still the one i'll choose to start in my fantasy team. And LeBron is a GREAT player who is showing a good maturation and who deserves props. He's not better than Kobe, imho. But he's a true "Superstar", and now he deserves to be called like that.

Like i said in the other topic you can't stop the storm. So when it's raining you betta wait for the storm to finish. Then it'll be easier for you to have valid points. Right now it's LeBron James' time. Make a post saying Kobe is better than him RIGHT NOW and people will call you a hater. Even if you're right. That's what i'm saying.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 12:41:04 PM by Antonio »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2007, 12:45:10 PM »
What's with the blue highlighting?  It's a bit uneasy on the eyes  ;)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2007, 02:15:48 PM »

All that shit is irrelevant, Z was an all-star years ago, not anymore, not an all-star caliber player at all, same with Hughes. You consider an all-star caliber player to be one just for making the ballot? so Primoz Brezec is a pereniall all-star caliber player too?

Primoz Brezec had a 13-7 season... That is all-star caliber for a center in the east. Are you denying that LeBron's cast plays far superior team defense to Kobes? Who's better. Lakers minus Kobe, or Cleveland minus Lebron...Think about it...PeACe

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2007, 03:54:50 PM »

Primoz Brezec had a 13-7 season... That is all-star caliber for a center in the east. Are you denying that LeBron's cast plays far superior team defense to Kobes? Who's better. Lakers minus Kobe, or Cleveland minus Lebron...Think about it...PeACe

13 pts-7rbs on th worst team in the NBA is eall star caliber? Do u have any clue how foolish you sound? Of course LeBron's team is better on defense than Lakers, why u mad at Lebron for that? BTW the teams would be about the same without their stars, because Kobe is a star, not a leader, the Lakers would play a more relaxed game without Kobe "dramaqueen" Bryant.

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2007, 05:02:56 PM »
^^^Easy, apparently if you argue with NIK, he's just going to lock the thread.
NIK - World's worst moderator.