Author Topic: Lebron James will be the best player in basketball in 2-3 years.  (Read 1667 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: Lebron James will be the best player in basketball in 2-3 years.
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2007, 09:03:48 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1lfi_9cQZ5k" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/1lfi_9cQZ5k</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/PNyoKAVCaQ0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/PNyoKAVCaQ0</a>

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2007, 09:09:46 PM »
^1:00 <- Lol, how did that happen
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2007, 11:43:11 AM »
^^It went with Kobe doing the same exact thing and his teammates letting him down this time, followed by the media shitting on him, claiming that he let the Lakers down by not shooting enough and trying to involve the team too much. When LeBron is a one man show (Game 5), the media crowns him for it. When Kobe is a one man show, the media crucifies him for it. When LeBron disappears, it's cuz he has faith in his teammates and knows how to get others involved. When Kobe disappears, it's cuz he's letting his teammates down and quitting on his team. The media rules your mind.  Even you can't deny this.

the diference between lebron and kobe is .....lebron leads his team to victory.

The difference between LeBron's team and Kobe's team is LeBron's team plays in the east and has a nice supporting cast with all-star caliber veterans and players who fit the system perfectly. Sorry, but your comparisons suck man. You can't truly tell me you believe LeBron is CURRENTLY as talented as Kobe and as well-rounded as a player, can you? I think your love for Shaq, resulting in your heavy dislike for Kobe goes a bit too far sometimes. Maybe that's not why you're saying this, but it seems a little weird that someone would actually believe LeBron is currently as good as Kobe...PeACe

All i need to know is this: who are these ALL STAR CALIBRE VETERANS????  Please inform me who is more talented than Odom who is currently on the Cavs?  Hughes?  The dude playing with an injury?  Or is it Ilgauskas, a nice player but has no athleticism. Who are these all-star calibre players?  Maybe Gibson in the future, but he is a rookie and didn't have an impressive regular season at all?

Ilguaskas is a center. He's an all-star caliber player. Drew Gooden is a power forward. He's an all-star caliber player. Larry Hughes is a point guard/shooting guard. He's an all-star caliber player...Who besides Odom (who plays a position we're stacked in) is an all-star caliber player on the Lakers? We didn't even have a SERVICEABLE point guard or center! Admit that LeBron has a supporting cast who can win games without him. Admit Kobe doesn't. That's all I'm asking...PeACe

Ilguaskas WAS an all-star caliber player. Drew Gooden has NEVER  been an all-star caliber player, he needs to improve on sooo much. Larry Hughes had a few all-star worthy seasons, but I don't think anyone would consider him all-star material. You KNOW Hughes couldn't make his team a winner if he's the first option, Z's feet suck and Gooden just needs more experience.

I'm not saying they're all-stars, I'm sayng they're all-star CALIBER players, meaning they've either made the team or been on the ballot...Drew Gooden will always get you double figures. Ilgauskas is better than any current center on the Lakers. Hughes had a season where he averaged 22 points and 3 steals. And what about the experience on that team? Is it comparable to the experience on the Lakers? Do you deny that LeBron's supporting cast is a way better unit? Do you deny their ability to play team defense, something the Lakers heavily lacked in? Come on now, homie...PeACe

All that shit is irrelevant, Z was an all-star years ago, not anymore, not an all-star caliber player at all, same with Hughes. You consider an all-star caliber player to be one just for making the ballot? so Primoz Brezec is a pereniall all-star caliber player too?

Primoz Brezec had a 13-7 season... That is all-star caliber for a center in the east. Are you denying that LeBron's cast plays far superior team defense to Kobes? Who's better. Lakers minus Kobe, or Cleveland minus Lebron...Think about it...PeACe

13 pts-7rbs on th worst team in the NBA is eall star caliber? Do u have any clue how foolish you sound? Of course LeBron's team is better on defense than Lakers, why u mad at Lebron for that? BTW the teams would be about the same without their stars, because Kobe is a star, not a leader, the Lakers would play a more relaxed game without Kobe "dramaqueen" Bryant.

LOL...There have been all-stars with worse numbers than 13-7, especially when it comes to centers. Primoz Brezec isn't an all-star caliber player, but he's played like one at some point in his career. Drew Gooden is borderline, Larry Hughes and Ilgauskas are both unquestionably all-star caliber players. LMAO@"Lakers play a more relaxed game without Kobe." LMAO@"Kobe is a star not a leader." LMAO@you failing to acknowledge the Cavs have had a real unit minus their star, while the Lakers haven't...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2007, 11:47:58 AM »
ROFLMAO@Jake posting Kobe hater videos. :-X

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2007, 11:57:20 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kB6YpvTu8kI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/kB6YpvTu8kI</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/W24QO3-i8xQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/W24QO3-i8xQ</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/IUjwP1onBok" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/IUjwP1onBok</a>

And I don't even have "highlights" from Team USA... :laugh:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5G0aQlMjcGc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5G0aQlMjcGc</a>

teecee

« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2007, 11:58:44 AM »
^^It went with Kobe doing the same exact thing and his teammates letting him down this time, followed by the media shitting on him, claiming that he let the Lakers down by not shooting enough and trying to involve the team too much. When LeBron is a one man show (Game 5), the media crowns him for it. When Kobe is a one man show, the media crucifies him for it. When LeBron disappears, it's cuz he has faith in his teammates and knows how to get others involved. When Kobe disappears, it's cuz he's letting his teammates down and quitting on his team. The media rules your mind.  Even you can't deny this.

The difference between LeBron's team and Kobe's team is LeBron's team plays in the east and has a nice supporting cast with all-star caliber veterans and players who fit the system perfectly. Sorry, but your comparisons suck man. You can't truly tell me you believe LeBron is CURRENTLY as talented as Kobe and as well-rounded as a player, can you? I think your love for Shaq, resulting in your heavy dislike for Kobe goes a bit too far sometimes. Maybe that's not why you're saying this, but it seems a little weird that someone would actually believe LeBron is currently as good as Kobe...PeACe

All i need to know is this: who are these ALL STAR CALIBRE VETERANS????  Please inform me who is more talented than Odom who is currently on the Cavs?  Hughes?  The dude playing with an injury?  Or is it Ilgauskas, a nice player but has no athleticism. Who are these all-star calibre players?  Maybe Gibson in the future, but he is a rookie and didn't have an impressive regular season at all?

Ilguaskas is a center. He's an all-star caliber player. Drew Gooden is a power forward. He's an all-star caliber player. Larry Hughes is a point guard/shooting guard. He's an all-star caliber player...Who besides Odom (who plays a position we're stacked in) is an all-star caliber player on the Lakers? We didn't even have a SERVICEABLE point guard or center! Admit that LeBron has a supporting cast who can win games without him. Admit Kobe doesn't. That's all I'm asking...PeACe

Ilguaskas WAS an all-star caliber player. Drew Gooden has NEVER  been an all-star caliber player, he needs to improve on sooo much. Larry Hughes had a few all-star worthy seasons, but I don't think anyone would consider him all-star material. You KNOW Hughes couldn't make his team a winner if he's the first option, Z's feet suck and Gooden just needs more experience.

I'm not saying they're all-stars, I'm sayng they're all-star CALIBER players, meaning they've either made the team or been on the ballot...Drew Gooden will always get you double figures. Ilgauskas is better than any current center on the Lakers. Hughes had a season where he averaged 22 points and 3 steals. And what about the experience on that team? Is it comparable to the experience on the Lakers? Do you deny that LeBron's supporting cast is a way better unit? Do you deny their ability to play team defense, something the Lakers heavily lacked in? Come on now, homie...PeACe

All that shit is irrelevant, Z was an all-star years ago, not anymore, not an all-star caliber player at all, same with Hughes. You consider an all-star caliber player to be one just for making the ballot? so Primoz Brezec is a pereniall all-star caliber player too?

Primoz Brezec had a 13-7 season... That is all-star caliber for a center in the east. Are you denying that LeBron's cast plays far superior team defense to Kobes? Who's better. Lakers minus Kobe, or Cleveland minus Lebron...Think about it...PeACe

13 pts-7rbs on th worst team in the NBA is eall star caliber? Do u have any clue how foolish you sound? Of course LeBron's team is better on defense than Lakers, why u mad at Lebron for that? BTW the teams would be about the same without their stars, because Kobe is a star, not a leader, the Lakers would play a more relaxed game without Kobe "dramaqueen" Bryant.

LOL...There have been all-stars with worse numbers than 13-7, especially when it comes to centers. Primoz Brezec isn't an all-star caliber player, but he's played like one at some point in his career. Drew Gooden is borderline, Larry Hughes and Ilgauskas are both unquestionably all-star caliber players. LMAO@"Lakers play a more relaxed game without Kobe." LMAO@"Kobe is a star not a leader." LMAO@you failing to acknowledge the Cavs have had a real unit minus their star, while the Lakers haven't...PeACe

Ok then, why the fuck did you actually think the Lakers had a chance at the title if they are such a shit team.  And NIK, we all know you are just trying to big-up the Cavs as you don't want to give too much credit to Lebron.  I will say Gibson had a nice series for three games, and Olgauskas was alright at times, and Gooden hit some big shots, but Larry Hughes?  While he MAY be all-star calibre, he IS INJURED, like your boy Odom.

Lebron averaged 25, 9, and 8 for the series, something done in the conference finals only three other times EVER.  He did not "DISAPPEAR" at times like you said, he just knows when to take over a game and when to get his teammates involved; his passing and unselfish play is his biggest asset, ubt i think we learned he can takeover when he needs to.  

As for Team USA, of course Kobe will be the leader.  He is older, more experienced, and above all else, you really think Kobe would have it any other way?  And you really think Lebron gives a fuck who the leader is? 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2007, 02:42:03 PM »

Ok then, why the fuck did you actually think the Lakers had a chance at the title if they are such a shit team.  And NIK, we all know you are just trying to big-up the Cavs as you don't want to give too much credit to Lebron.  I will say Gibson had a nice series for three games, and Olgauskas was alright at times, and Gooden hit some big shots, but Larry Hughes?  While he MAY be all-star calibre, he IS INJURED, like your boy Odom.

Lebron averaged 25, 9, and 8 for the series, something done in the conference finals only three other times EVER.  He did not "DISAPPEAR" at times like you said, he just knows when to take over a game and when to get his teammates involved; his passing and unselfish play is his biggest asset, ubt i think we learned he can takeover when he needs to.  

As for Team USA, of course Kobe will be the leader.  He is older, more experienced, and above all else, you really think Kobe would have it any other way?  And you really think Lebron gives a fuck who the leader is? 

You are insane if you compare the Lakers minus Kobe to the Cavs minus LeBron. Cleveland is a complete team, even without LeBron. It's laughable to say the same about the Lakers without Kobe...If LeBron is such a great leader, why did he lead the USA Team to bronze not once, but TWICE? That's why we need a KOBE to come in and take the lead...Watch Kobe bring back the gold, like Jake said...PeACe

teecee

« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2007, 03:38:49 PM »

You are insane if you compare the Lakers minus Kobe to the Cavs minus LeBron. Cleveland is a complete team, even without LeBron. It's laughable to say the same about the Lakers without Kobe...If LeBron is such a great leader, why did he lead the USA Team to bronze not once, but TWICE? That's why we need a KOBE to come in and take the lead...Watch Kobe bring back the gold, like Jake said...PeACe

If I am so insane, answer this question:  Why did you think the Lakers had a chance to win the title, let alone win a series against the Suns, or even have a chance at the SPURS!!!!!!!, if they are so horrible???? 

Lebron, at his age right now, shouldn't be asked to be a leader of a team; he is too damn young, but doing a pretty good job of it anyway, wouldn't you say?  His first year on the Olympic team, Larry Brown wouldn't even play him (if you know ball, you know Brown does that to young guys) ,and last year Lebron just played a supporting role; he isn't the guy that seems to want to be the man, I will give you that.  BUt, it does seem he is capable of it if he has to..............

If Kobe plans on getting gold, be assured Lebron will play a huge role as well man.  Kobe has already proven he can't do shit by himself, so i think he will need some help, right?  Having said that, Kobe will be the leader and top scorer, and they will win gold.

NIK: one thing we can agree on (i think):  it would be DOPE to see Lebron vs Kobe in the finals!  Until the Lakers get their shit together (players, front office, etc).............

And i have become a Cavs fan during the playoffs, but i still don't get how they why you think they are such a complete team?  They play good defense, and have had some unexpected guys step up, but their supposed 2nd best player has been playing awful, right?   I think it is a case of Lebron stepping up when needed, and everyone on the team playing as hard as possible to win.  Either way, its been enjoyable to watch.

The Nets had a better team on paper, so did the Pistons, but the Cavs somehow beat them both................

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2007, 03:43:09 PM »
the lakers and cavs minus lebron and kobe

Cleaveland

C-Zydrunas Ilgauskas- 32 years old
PF- Drew Gooden-25 years old
SF-Donyell Marshall-34 years old
SG-Larry Hughes-28 years old
PG-Eric Snow- 34 yeras old
Los Angeles

C- Chris Mihm-28 years old
PF-Kwame Brown- 25 years old
SF-Lamar Odom - 27 years old
SG- Maurice Evans 28 years old
PG-Smush Parker-26 years old

i don't know you guys be the judge an older slower cavs team or a younger faster laker team?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2007, 03:51:36 PM »
Le"Bronze" can't be blamed for how poorly the US did... first off, they've been strugglin in international competitions before LeBron played for them, and you can't ask for a 19 year old to lead the US to olympic gold, ESPECIALLY when coached by Larry Brown...
One of the main problems of your national team is that there is no real hierachy...
And I am still inclined to see Kobe leading them to gold next year... that's just another we got the best players we win mentality... didn't do your national team any good in recent years. Not having superior players has never been the problem, so I don't see how Kobe is supposed to solve a problem when there is none of that kind.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2007, 04:01:03 PM »
the olympic team just needs to fuckin play some team ball and we'll be okay. we got 12 kobe bryants out there and that's how come we keep losing like the lakers. enforce team play and you got another gold on the bbq

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2007, 06:51:02 PM »

Cleaveland

Los Angeles

i don't know you guys be the judge an older slower cavs team or a younger faster laker team?

Were you even watching the Lakers this season? :laugh: Mihm didn't play for us. Look at the difference in talent in VALAUBLE experience in the rosters (LMAO@thinking younger players are better). Look at the difference in TEAM DEFENSE. It's very safe to say the Cavs minus LeBron win, Jake. Even a Kobe hater like you can't deny this.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2007, 06:55:25 PM »
Kobe will solve the olympic drought because he is a true leader. Put some real talent around him, and he will win.. believe that. How many of you can deny you've watched Cav games and seen LeBron looking like a role player for long stretches? Looks like he's gradually improving in that area, but he has a lot to prove before we can start saying he'll be the best player in basketball any time soon...PeACe

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2007, 07:28:23 PM »
Kobe will solve the olympic drought because he is a true leader. Put some real talent around him, and he will win.. believe that. How many of you can deny you've watched Cav games and seen LeBron looking like a role player for long stretches? Looks like he's gradually improving in that area, but he has a lot to prove before we can start saying he'll be the best player in basketball any time soon...PeACe

If Kobe starts jacking up shots like usual, we won't bring back the gold.  He may get hot and blow up for 50 or 60 one game...but the next he could have a 6-31 shooting night and cost us a game because he won't give it up.

The only way to win is to have a team of team players.  Ballhogs won't do it.  Kobe is a phenomenal athlete, but if he goes in with the mentality that he is going to win the gold by himself, then we won't win shit.
NIK - World's worst moderator.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2007, 08:54:26 PM »

Cleaveland

Los Angeles

Were you even watching the Lakers this season? :laugh: Mihm didn't play for us. Look at the difference in talent in VALAUBLE experience in the rosters (LMAO@thinking younger players are better). Look at the difference in TEAM DEFENSE. It's very safe to say the Cavs minus LeBron win, Jake. Even a Kobe hater like you can't deny this.

chris mihm is still on the team isn't he? If kobe and lebron are taken away why can't i add mihm, also it's not like most of those cavs start those games either. point being. the lakers would beat a lebron james-less cavs. "gee where's all your faith in your team". are you a kobe bryant fan or a Laker fan? Lamar Odom is an AWESOME player who has the misfortune of playing behind a selfish Kobe, i'm more than confidant he could lead the lakers to a win over a lebron james-less cavs.