Author Topic: Lebron James will be the best player in basketball in 2-3 years.  (Read 1662 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: Lebron James will be the best player in basketball in 2-3 years.
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2007, 09:00:55 PM »

Kobe will solve the olympic drought because he is a true leader.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kobe Bryant= 0 playoff series wins, how is that a leader? LOL

Put some real talent around him, and he will win..

no put a real leader on his team and he will win, why do you think the lakers won 4 years ago?

How many of you can deny you've watched Cav games and seen LeBron looking like a role player for long stretches?

so you're not a magic johnson fan i take it?

Looks like he's gradually improving in that area, but he has a lot to prove before we can start saying he'll be the best player in basketball any time soon...PeACe

he has to win scoring titles to be the best player in the league? look lebron has lead his team to two straight 50+ win seasons, he's won more playoff series than kobe, and he's lead his team to the finals. also he outperforms kobe in many statistical categories. and here's the kicker, he's not even in his prime yet!

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2007, 09:50:22 PM »
the lakers and cavs minus lebron and kobe

Cleaveland

C-Zydrunas Ilgauskas- 32 years old
PF- Drew Gooden-25 years old
SF-Donyell Marshall-34 years old
SG-Larry Hughes-28 years old
PG-Eric Snow- 34 yeras old
Los Angeles

C- Chris Mihm-28 years old
PF-Kwame Brown- 25 years old
SF-Lamar Odom - 27 years old
SG- Maurice Evans 28 years old
PG-Smush Parker-26 years old

i don't know you guys be the judge an older slower cavs team or a younger faster laker team?

Were you even watching the Lakers this season? :laugh: Mihm didn't play for us. Look at the difference in talent in VALAUBLE experience in the rosters (LMAO@thinking younger players are better). Look at the difference in TEAM DEFENSE. It's very safe to say the Cavs minus LeBron win, Jake. Even a Kobe hater like you can't deny this.

chris mihm is still on the team isn't he? If kobe and lebron are taken away why can't i add mihm, also it's not like most of those cavs start those games either. point being. the lakers would beat a lebron james-less cavs. "gee where's all your faith in your team". are you a kobe bryant fan or a Laker fan? Lamar Odom is an AWESOME player who has the misfortune of playing behind a selfish Kobe, i'm more than confidant he could lead the lakers to a win over a lebron james-less cavs.

LOL. The Lakers leader in assists is "selfish"...Poor Odom. Jake, you're a hater to the fullest, and it's sad that you can't see this. But what's even sadder is that you hate your franchise player! I can't imagine what that must feel like. ESPECIALLY when you're spoiled enough to have the best player in the world as your franchise player. It's quite sad, I must say. And Lamar Odom is nice, but no way can the Lakers match-up against the Cavs without Kobe. Not with their lack of defense, not with their lack of a scorer, not with their lack of post player and point guards, not with anything. And you know this on the inside. I feel bad for you, Jake. This is all happening because Shaq left. On my life you wouldn't be saying all this if Shaq was still on the Lakers winning titles behind Kobe (had he been mature enough to do so)...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2007, 10:14:39 PM »

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kobe Bryant= 0 playoff series wins, how is that a leader? LOL

no put a real leader on his team and he will win, why do you think the lakers won 4 years ago?

How many of you can deny you've watched Cav games and seen LeBron looking like a role player for long stretches?

Looks like he's gradually improving in that area, but he has a lot to prove before we can start saying he'll be the best player in basketball any time soon...PeACe

he has to win scoring titles to be the best player in the league? look lebron has lead his team to two straight 50+ win seasons, he's won more playoff series than kobe, and he's lead his team to the finals. also he outperforms kobe in many statistical categories. and here's the kicker, he's not even in his prime yet!

Kobe is not a leader because he can't win titles with Smush as the starting point guard and a hobbled Kwame as the starting center? GREAT LOGIC, JAKE! Kobe has had 3 seasons with a team not built to win (2 full ones). LeBron replaced with Kobe on this Lakers WOULD NOT make the playoffs. And yes, I'm a fan of Magic. LMAO@claiming Magic looked like a role player though. MAGIC DOMINATED GAMES, AND OWNED KEY MOMENTS. Even when he wasn't scoring, he was running every play and left his mark on it...The fact that you would even compare LeBron to Magic boggles my mind.

LeBron's team is built to win in the EAST. Replace him with T-Mac and run the same system, and there's NO difference. Is T-Mac on Kobe's level? You know, there was a time when the media would argue that too... :-\

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2007, 10:30:23 PM »

LOL. The Lakers leader in assists is "selfish"...

wow he has .5 more assists than odom and 1 more than luke walton. why am i not all that impressed. kobe still equals selfish at the end of the night, he wants the ball more than he wants his team mates to have it.

Poor Odom
damn right poor odom he should be on a winning team.

Jake, you're a hater to the fullest, and it's sad that you can't see this

well fine you're a hater too, at least i give props to kobe than you do to shaq, wade, or lebron, or anyone who doesn't agree with the path of kobe,lol.

But what's even sadder is that you hate your franchise player!

hypocrit,lol. you didn't like shaq, what's the difference? you like kobe more than the lakers, TRUE THAT. i'm a laker fan above anything else. and Kobe bryant isn't winning us a title, so why should i like him? yeah he might be the best player in the league, but he's certainly not the best asset, it's like kevin garnett, even when he did have pieces to win he couldn't so why should i love him .  at least when shaq came to camp out of shape and hurt, he still never let us lose in the first round.

I can't imagine what that must feel like
your feelings towards shaq....that's what it feels like

ESPECIALLY when you're spoiled enough to have the best player in the world as your franchise player.
the best player in the world was on our team from 1980-to like 1991, then we had the most dominant player in the world on our team from 96' -2004. so i'm kind of jaded . the only difference is those other two player brought us success.

This is all happening because Shaq left.

well at least you can admit it that kobe isn't winning because of this ^  ;D

On my life you wouldn't be saying all this if Shaq was still on the Lakers winning titles behind Kobe (had he been mature enough to do so)...

shaq on your team = titles.....remember one thing, the lakers didn't have to trade shaq,lol, just like they don't have to trade kobe, they could have ignored his request and won at least two more titles, but kobe had to have the team for himself  and so did management.....bad choice, bad bad bad choice.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2007, 05:46:47 AM »
How many more minutes did Kobe play than everybody else on the team...hence the reason he has more assists.

The dude is a me-first player.  Period.

He's not a leader, he's simply a great individual player capable of carrying his team for some short stretches.
NIK - World's worst moderator.

teecee

« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2007, 07:41:33 AM »

Quit comparing Lebron to Tmac, Lebron has FAR surpassed him, and you know it. 

Kobe is not a leader because he can't win titles with Smush as the starting point guard and a hobbled Kwame as the starting center? GREAT LOGIC, JAKE! Kobe has had 3 seasons with a team not built to win (2 full ones). LeBron replaced with Kobe on this Lakers WOULD NOT make the playoffs. And yes, I'm a fan of Magic. LMAO@claiming Magic looked like a role player though. MAGIC DOMINATED GAMES, AND OWNED KEY MOMENTS. Even when he wasn't scoring, he was running every play and left his mark on it...The fact that you would even compare LeBron to Magic boggles my mind.

LeBron's team is built to win in the EAST. Replace him with T-Mac and run the same system, and there's NO difference. Is T-Mac on Kobe's level? You know, there was a time when the media would argue that too... :-\

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2007, 08:02:18 AM »
T-Mac's career got ruined by his back and other body problems.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2007, 10:28:21 AM »

LOL. The Lakers leader in assists is "selfish"...

wow he has .5 more assists than odom and 1 more than luke walton. why am i not all that impressed. kobe still equals selfish at the end of the night, he wants the ball more than he wants his team mates to have it.

You're not impressed that the leading scorer in the league leads his team in assists cuz you're a HATER. LOL. He doesn't want the ball more than anything, he wants to win more than anything. You're straight up blind and deaf if you can't comprehend that.

Poor Odom
damn right poor odom he should be on a winning team.

Yea, he should. Too bad him and Kobe are the only experienced warriors on the team.

Jake, you're a hater to the fullest, and it's sad that you can't see this

well fine you're a hater too, at least i give props to kobe than you do to shaq, wade, or lebron, or anyone who doesn't agree with the path of kobe,lol.

You admit to being a hater...I don't. I give my honest opinion. When I speak of LeBron, when I speak of Shaq, when I speak of Nash, that's ALWAYS what I honestly feel. But you admit to being a hater, so no more needs to be said.

But what's even sadder is that you hate your franchise player!

hypocrit,lol. you didn't like shaq, what's the difference? you like kobe more than the lakers, TRUE THAT. i'm a laker fan above anything else. and Kobe bryant isn't winning us a title, so why should i like him? yeah he might be the best player in the league, but he's certainly not the best asset, it's like kevin garnett, even when he did have pieces to win he couldn't so why should i love him .  at least when shaq came to camp out of shape and hurt, he still never let us lose in the first round.

I liked Shaq when he was on the Lakers, up until the day he started shitting on the organization. And just like all the other bullshit you post, I DONT like Kobe more than the Lakers. Unlike you sticking with Shaq over the Lakers, if Kobe was traded, he'd be just another amazing player to me. Did Shaq win us titles in his first three years here? :-*

I can't imagine what that must feel like
your feelings towards shaq....that's what it feels like

Shaq isn't on my team, genius.

ESPECIALLY when you're spoiled enough to have the best player in the world as your franchise player.
the best player in the world was on our team from 1980-to like 1991, then we had the most dominant player in the world on our team from 96' -2004. so i'm kind of jaded . the only difference is those other two player brought us success.

No, the only difference is that those players had teams built around them to win. How dumb do you have to be to not see that?

This is all happening because Shaq left.

well at least you can admit it that kobe isn't winning because of this ^  ;D

Yes, because Shaq destroyed the contending team due to a.)selfishness b.)laziness c.)money, causing us to rebuild and pretty much start an expansion team built around Kobe.

On my life you wouldn't be saying all this if Shaq was still on the Lakers winning titles behind Kobe (had he been mature enough to do so)...

shaq on your team = titles.....remember one thing, the lakers didn't have to trade shaq,lol, just like they don't have to trade kobe, they could have ignored his request and won at least two more titles, but kobe had to have the team for himself  and so did management.....bad choice, bad bad bad choice.

Kobe didn't have to have anything. Shaq doesn't=titles. Shaq with a contending team built around him=titles. Shaq in Kobe's shoes=plays 20 games in the regular season and Lakers miss the playoffs. Understand it. ACCEPT it...PeACe
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 10:29:55 AM by Now_I_Know »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2007, 10:31:15 AM »
How many more minutes did Kobe play than everybody else on the team...hence the reason he has more assists.

He's not a leader, he's simply a great individual player capable of carrying his team for some short stretches.

Yea, Kobe is a "me-first" type player. ::)

He really proved that this summber with his will to win, huh?

Find better ways to hate, homie.

teecee

« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2007, 10:51:22 AM »

Yea, Kobe is a "me-first" type player. ::)

He really proved that this summber with his will to win, huh?

Find better ways to hate, homie.

I guess the only truth is Shaq does=titles.  Regardless of all of your rhetoric, he proved it last year.

And how come you hate Shaq for dissing the Lakers, but are not mad at Kobe??

Kobe IS a me-first player, dude wants to win because its all about his legacy and proving he is better than Jordan. 

And NIK, just because you "feel" something, does not mean it isn't pure, biased hate man..........that is the essence of a hater/dickrider, and most peeps would agree you fit those things to a T

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2007, 11:10:51 AM »
How does Shaq=titles? Shaq hasn't won anything unless he had a team built around him to contend...And even when he did, he's failed time and time again. Kobe's had 3 years of being a leader. How many titles did Shaq have in his first 7 years leading a team? That's right...0. It's a lose-lose situation with you disgusting haters. If Kobe says he wants to win, it's because he wants to up his legacy, not because he's a winner. You ask why I'm not mad at Kobe? He's loyal to the franchise! The difference between Shaq and Kobe is that Kobe actually loves the Lakers, it's really his team. He'll do whatever it takes to win.. There's nothing more he wants to do than play for titles in LA...With Shaq, it was always about himself and his legacy (like what you're unrightfully claiming Kobe is about). Shaq cares about retiring with 6 or 7 rings, and he doesn't care what franchise it's with. He's said it himself, his main goal is to retire as an individual great, not a great of a franchise (Magic, Bird, West, Hakeem, Jordan, etc.)...Shaq is the most selfish player in basketball. Kobe is the most hungry player in basketball...he loves LA and would do ANYTHING to stay and have a contending team built around him...Why should I hate on that?

teecee

« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2007, 11:17:43 AM »
How does Shaq=titles? Shaq hasn't won anything unless he had a team built around him to contend...And even when he did, he's failed time and time again. Kobe's had 3 years of being a leader. How many titles did Shaq have in his first 7 years leading a team? That's right...0. It's a lose-lose situation with you disgusting haters. If Kobe says he wants to win, it's because he wants to up his legacy, not because he's a winner. You ask why I'm not mad at Kobe? He's loyal to the franchise! The difference between Shaq and Kobe is that Kobe actually loves the Lakers, it's really his team. He'll do whatever it takes to win.. There's nothing more he wants to do than play for titles in LA...With Shaq, it was always about himself and his legacy (like what you're unrightfully claiming Kobe is about). Shaq cares about retiring with 6 or 7 rings, and he doesn't care what franchise it's with. He's said it himself, his main goal is to retire as an individual great, not a great of a franchise (Magic, Bird, West, Hakeem, Jordan, etc.)...Shaq is the most selfish player in basketball. Kobe is the most hungry player in basketball...he loves LA and would do ANYTHING to stay and have a contending team built around him...Why should I hate on that?

Even demand a trade and make his team look ridiculous in the process?  What a great guy.  He should have handled the matter privately if he loved his team so much; what he did made the front office look bad and obviously wasn't a ringing endorsement for his teammates either.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2007, 11:26:55 AM »

Even demand a trade and make his team look ridiculous in the process?  What a great guy.  He should have handled the matter privately if he loved his team so much; what he did made the front office look bad and obviously wasn't a ringing endorsement for his teammates either.

LOL@thinking Kobe hasn't put in countless efforts to handle the matter privately. EVERYTHING he requested was rejected by management. The fact is, Jerry Buss didn't care. The trade demand helped wake Jerry Buss up. It was a last resort. He obviously doesn't want to be traded, but what drives someone who doesn't wanna be traded to say so? Think about it...The trade demand will push the front office to give a maximum effort in building a contending team this summer.  Smart move by Kobe.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2007, 01:55:14 PM »

LOL@thinking Kobe hasn't put in countless efforts to handle the matter privately. EVERYTHING he requested was rejected by management. The fact is, Jerry Buss didn't care. The trade demand helped wake Jerry Buss up. It was a last resort. He obviously doesn't want to be traded, but what drives someone who doesn't wanna be traded to say so? Think about it...The trade demand will push the front office to give a maximum effort in building a contending team this summer.  Smart move by Kobe.

Man this organization planned to rebuild the team gradually, and to let his young players develope into good starting material. That's basically what you wanted to do too, since you too was the one saying the team was skilled and we had to add minor things without destroying what we've built till now. Kobe single handed forced the organization to change their plans and to fuck everything up because he wanted himself to be in a team ready to contend now. The result is that the Lakers will probably fire Mitch without a real reason, they'll sign Jerry West without a real reason, and they'll destroy their original project trading Bynum, Odom, Brown and other pretty good players cause Kobe wants to win NOW. Imho a player should simply play, without being the GM of the team. If the Lakers wanted to rebuild gradually, he had to accept it. If he disagree with the plan, he should request to be traded and get the fuck out of the team. But to menace Buss knowing he can't trade you just to get his attention is not something that will makes me proud of supporting Kobe.

I'm a Laker fan, not a Kobe fan. If we have to wait 3 years to be ready to contend i can wait. If the owner and the GM thinks it's better for us to rebuild gradually i'll support them, and i'll never stop supporting the Lakers, even if they'll get eliminated from the Suns every single fucking years from now to 2010! Shit, there's an owner and a GM. They're the ones who gotta make those decisions. Me as a fan i can only support the team. And if i see a player full of himself who wants our project to be totally destroyed because of himself being in his prime... i really dunno who to support in this. I'm not happy at Kobe right now.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 02:01:17 PM by Antonio »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2007, 02:33:19 PM »

Man this organization planned to rebuild the team gradually, and to let his young players develope into good starting material. That's basically what you wanted to do too, since you too was the one saying the team was skilled and we had to add minor things without destroying what we've built till now. Kobe single handed forced the organization to change their plans and to fuck everything up because he wanted himself to be in a team ready to contend now. The result is that the Lakers will probably fire Mitch without a real reason, they'll sign Jerry West without a real reason, and they'll destroy their original project trading Bynum, Odom, Brown and other pretty good players cause Kobe wants to win NOW. Imho a player should simply play, without being the GM of the team. If the Lakers wanted to rebuild gradually, he had to accept it. If he disagree with the plan, he should request to be traded and get the fuck out of the team. But to menace Buss knowing he can't trade you just to get his attention is not something that will makes me proud of supporting Kobe.

I'm a Laker fan, not a Kobe fan. If we have to wait 3 years to be ready to contend i can wait. If the owner and the GM thinks it's better for us to rebuild gradually i'll support them, and i'll never stop supporting the Lakers, even if they'll get eliminated from the Suns every single fucking years from now to 2010! Shit, there's an owner and a GM. They're the ones who gotta make those decisions. Me as a fan i can only support the team. And if i see a player full of himself who wants our project to be totally destroyed because of himself being in his prime... i really dunno who to support in this. I'm not happy at Kobe right now.

WOW. Then you're missing the WHOLE POINT. Kobe was being lied to. Kobe was being told the team was doing everything it can to contend, while Buss had already told Phil in 2004 of a LONG-TERM plan, which Phil only recently discussed with Kobe. Kobe had NO IDEA about it! When they signed him, they lied and said "were gunna do everything possible to build a contender around you NOW"... DID YOU LISTEN TO THE INTERVIEW?? ::) If you're planning to rebuild gradually, you notify your franchise player, you don't lie to him and tell him you're building a contender around him NOW. That's what I thought too. I didn't know the Laker management wasn't trying to win now, I though their goal was at least 1 title in the span of Phil's 3 year contract. Unfortunatelly, they didn't see it that way, they were laid back and passed up on countless trades, some of which I badly wanted to go down. Be happy with Kobe. He's pulling a Magic on Jerry Buss. You will appreciate it soon...PeACe