Author Topic: Lebron James will be the best player in basketball in 2-3 years.  (Read 1660 times)

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Lebron James will be the best player in basketball in 2-3 years.
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2007, 02:42:15 PM »
WOW. Then you're missing the WHOLE POINT.

I wrote this post before you replied in the other topic. ;)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2007, 06:42:25 PM »

You're not impressed that the leading scorer in the league leads his team in assists cuz you're a HATER. LOL. He doesn't want the ball more than anything, he wants to win more than anything. You're straight up blind and deaf if you can't comprehend that.

how am i blind MOST of the lakers except luke walton and lamar odom and kobe average 5 assists.....everyone else on the team averages 1 or 2 assists,lol what does that say? that says that kobe has the ball in his hands MOST IF NOT ALL OF THE TIME. lol quit riding for kobe and start riding for the lakers for once okay. that's not healthy for a TEAM to have a player hold the ball that much (especially if it's not the PG).

Yea, he should. Too bad him and Kobe are the only experienced warriors on the team.

aside from the fact that most of the team that went up 3-1 against the suns last year were on the team again, wasn't brian cook and luke walton playing for the lakers when they went to the finals in 2004. they have some experiance they just need a leader now.

You admit to being a hater...I don't. I give my honest opinion. When I speak of LeBron, when I speak of Shaq, when I speak of Nash, that's ALWAYS what I honestly feel. But you admit to being a hater, so no more needs to be said

lol again so you admit you're being a hater , because you're opinion is almost ALWAYS effected by your love of kobe. you don't have any love for any player that has a problem with kobe or are compared to him ,lol . again i'm a laker fan FIRST . i have a commitment to THEM, i have no commitment to kobe, kobe is just another player we let have the reign as captain and did nothing with it, in my 22 years of Laker-fandom....Kobe bryant is a cedric ceballos, meaning i'm looking forward to a team without him than with him. Terrell Owens is my Franchises Wide Receiver (star wide receiver at that ) but i still don't have to like him, cuz i'm a Cowboys fan FIRST . you always bring up my liking of shaq ,like it's a detriment to liking the lakers (which it's not) but is this jsut you projecting your inner feelings of the lakers and Kobe? seriously you act like Kobe is first and the lakers are second.

I liked Shaq when he was on the Lakers, up until the day he started shitting on the organization. And just like all the other bullshit you post, I DONT like Kobe more than the Lakers. Unlike you sticking with Shaq over the Lakers, if Kobe was traded, he'd be just another amazing player to me. Did Shaq win us titles in his first three years here? :-*

you've always like kobe way more than shaq, that's cool , there were girls who liked robert horry more than both at my highschool. but the fact is Kobe wasn't the franchise player, shaq was in 2004 and you shitted on him when he demanded the same thing kobe is demanding. you fed into all the media hype all the way until you started hating on shaq's new little buddy dwyane wade. then you started hating on pat riley because shaq said he was the best coach he played for,it's ridiculous.  what really amazes me is how you built the lakers up as winning 50+ games this year and how solid their core line up was ect. ect. and now all the sudden because kobe says they're scrubs  THEY"RE a dleague team.lol  your love for Kobe >>>>>>>>>>>> my liking of shaq. so please shhhhhh with me being the bias dick rider. i still like shaq, but like i said my favorite team is the lakers not the heat, but i'll root for the heat because my favorite player is playing for them, just like i'll root for the nugggets because of my other favorite player melo. and if kobe got traded i guarantee you that you wouldn't follow the lakers as closely , bet you, you'd lose A LOT OF iterest in the organization.  and no shaq didn't win us the title the first three years, however his teams boasted very high winning seasons

shaq's first year heading lakers: 56-26, .683%, First Round win against portland, lost to Utah(eventual western champs) in second round(kobe bryant air balls you remember)
Kobe's first year heading lakers: 34-48, .415 %, no playoffs

shaq's second year heading the lakers: 61-21, .744, first round win against kings, second round win against seattle, lost to Utah in conf. finals
Kobe's second year heading the lakers: 45-37, .549, lost first round to suns after being up 3-1

shaq's thrid year heading the lakers (lock out year):  31-19, .620, first round win against houston, lost second round against championship spurs
kobe's third year heading the Lakers: 42-40, .519 , lost first round to suns the worst defensive team

shaq as a leader> Kobe as a leader.

No, the only difference is that those players had teams built around them to win. How dumb do you have to be to not see that?

yeah but they've won without that luxury as well. why are you backpeddling your 'one rebound away from winning it all' theory. how is a team full of "d-leaguers going to take it?

Yes, because Shaq destroyed the contending team due to a.)selfishness b.)laziness c.)money, causing us to rebuild and pretty much start an expansion team built around Kobe.

shaq didn't destory it, managment and kobe did. kobe wanted the team for himself or he was goign to the clippers. what don't you understand that the lakers didn't have to trade shaq. lol. also a selfsh lazy money hungry shaq STILL gets us out of the first round ,lol.

Kobe didn't have to have anything. Shaq doesn't=titles. Shaq with a contending team built around him=titles. Shaq in Kobe's shoes=plays 20 games in the regular season and Lakers miss the playoffs. Understand it. ACCEPT it...PeACe

too bad that's not the case. shaq does equal titles, he brougt an eastern conference title to orlando, 4 western conf. titles to los angeles, 1 (almost twohad not been for injuries) to miami, three championships to the lakers and one to the lakers.  also shaq missed a record amount of games this season and when wade went out the heat played better under him than under wade. remember they were in danger of NOT making it to the playoffs, wade goes down and shaq is number 1 again and they start winning and take FOURTH seed, i don't care what conference you're in that just doesn't happen under fat lazy leadership. lol  shaq gets more involved at the end of the season the heat start winning more , Kobe gets more involved and the lakers start losing more. do you not see the trend. do you not see that kobe has all the physical powers in the world but has no mental leadership skills. brains over brawn

[/quote]

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2007, 06:09:33 AM »
shaq's first year heading lakers: 56-26, .683%, First Round win against portland, lost to Utah(eventual western champs) in second round(kobe bryant air balls you remember)

shaq's second year heading the lakers: 61-21, .744, first round win against kings, second round win against seattle, lost to Utah in conf. finals
Kobe's second year heading the lakers: 45-37, .549, lost first round to suns after being up 3-1

shaq's thrid year heading the lakers (lock out year):  31-19, .620, first round win against houston, lost second round against championship spurs
kobe's third year heading the Lakers: 42-40, .519 , lost first round to suns the worst defensive team

Way to go Jake...you just got this thread locked...

NIK - World's worst moderator.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2007, 10:47:23 AM »
You're not impressed that the leading scorer in the league leads his team in assists cuz you're a HATER. LOL. He doesn't want the ball more than anything, he wants to win more than anything. You're straight up blind and deaf if you can't comprehend that.

how am i blind MOST of the lakers except luke walton and lamar odom and kobe average 5 assists.....everyone else on the team averages 1 or 2 assists,lol what does that say? that says that kobe has the ball in his hands MOST IF NOT ALL OF THE TIME. lol quit riding for kobe and start riding for the lakers for once okay. that's not healthy for a TEAM to have a player hold the ball that much (especially if it's not the PG).

What are you talking about? Odom has the ball in his hands in almost ever play. Same goes for whoever's playing the point guard...I can tell you've really been watching the Lakers Heat closely this season.

Yea, he should. Too bad him and Kobe are the only experienced warriors on the team.

aside from the fact that most of the team that went up 3-1 against the suns last year were on the team again, wasn't brian cook and luke walton playing for the lakers when they went to the finals in 2004. they have some experiance they just need a leader now.

LMAO@BRIAN COOK...And Ankless Luke. Something else, Jake... something else. :laugh:

You admit to being a hater...I don't. I give my honest opinion. When I speak of LeBron, when I speak of Shaq, when I speak of Nash, that's ALWAYS what I honestly feel. But you admit to being a hater, so no more needs to be said

lol again so you admit you're being a hater , because you're opinion is almost ALWAYS effected by your love of kobe. you don't have any love for any player that has a problem with kobe or are compared to him ,lol . again i'm a laker fan FIRST . i have a commitment to THEM, i have no commitment to kobe, kobe is just another player we let have the reign as captain and did nothing with it, in my 22 years of Laker-fandom....Kobe bryant is a cedric ceballos, meaning i'm looking forward to a team without him than with him. Terrell Owens is my Franchises Wide Receiver (star wide receiver at that ) but i still don't have to like him, cuz i'm a Cowboys fan FIRST . you always bring up my liking of shaq ,like it's a detriment to liking the lakers (which it's not) but is this jsut you projecting your inner feelings of the lakers and Kobe? seriously you act like Kobe is first and the lakers are second.

You just said Kobe is a Cedric Ceballos. :stupid:

I liked Shaq when he was on the Lakers, up until the day he started shitting on the organization. And just like all the other bullshit you post, I DONT like Kobe more than the Lakers. Unlike you sticking with Shaq over the Lakers, if Kobe was traded, he'd be just another amazing player to me. Did Shaq win us titles in his first three years here? :-*

you've always like kobe way more than shaq, that's cool , there were girls who liked robert horry more than both at my highschool. but the fact is Kobe wasn't the franchise player, shaq was in 2004 and you shitted on him when he demanded the same thing kobe is demanding. you fed into all the media hype all the way until you started hating on shaq's new little buddy dwyane wade. then you started hating on pat riley because shaq said he was the best coach he played for,it's ridiculous.  what really amazes me is how you built the lakers up as winning 50+ games this year and how solid their core line up was ect. ect. and now all the sudden because kobe says they're scrubs  THEY"RE a dleague team.lol  your love for Kobe >>>>>>>>>>>> my liking of shaq. so please shhhhhh with me being the bias dick rider. i still like shaq, but like i said my favorite team is the lakers not the heat, but i'll root for the heat because my favorite player is playing for them, just like i'll root for the nugggets because of my other favorite player melo. and if kobe got traded i guarantee you that you wouldn't follow the lakers as closely , bet you, you'd lose A LOT OF iterest in the organization.  and no shaq didn't win us the title the first three years, however his teams boasted very high winning seasons

I never always liked Kobe way more than Shaq. I liked them on the same level when they played here together. Shows how much your ass knows though...NOTHING. LMAO@me losing interest in the Lakers. You should come see my room, son. The fact is, Shaq asked to be traded because he was selfish and had no love for the Lakers or LA. Kobe asked to be traded because he loves the Lakers and LA and wants them to do something ASAP. If Kobe was Shaq, he would have been LONG GONE already. The problem is that you fail to realize this. There is no media hype, what happened with Shaq happened, the media hype is the opposite of what I (and Laker insiders) have been saying and writing about (Shaq being a big, selfish, spoiled baby, only interested in upping his personal status/legacy). The Lakers definitely coulda won 50 games this year...But by the end of the season, we DID look like a D-League team (minus Kobe and Odom). What's so hard to get? Also, don't forget, Shaq stepped into a team that was already playoff-bound, and he didn't even push them over the top until Kobe started developing into a star. Shaq couldn't do it on his own...So :sshh:

No, the only difference is that those players had teams built around them to win. How dumb do you have to be to not see that?

yeah but they've won without that luxury as well. why are you backpeddling your 'one rebound away from winning it all' theory. how is a team full of "d-leaguers going to take it?

Really? Shaq was winning without a contending team built around him? Shaq won something without a superstar guard to walk him through every play? WHEN?!

Yes, because Shaq destroyed the contending team due to a.)selfishness b.)laziness c.)money, causing us to rebuild and pretty much start an expansion team built around Kobe.

shaq didn't destory it, managment and kobe did. kobe wanted the team for himself or he was goign to the clippers. what don't you understand that the lakers didn't have to trade shaq. lol. also a selfsh lazy money hungry shaq STILL gets us out of the first round ,lol.

Right...So your ass still blames Kobe, even though SHAQ HIMSELF admitted it was purely manegement's decision. GOOD SHIT, Jake. You're not a hater at all. ::)

Kobe didn't have to have anything. Shaq doesn't=titles. Shaq with a contending team built around him=titles. Shaq in Kobe's shoes=plays 20 games in the regular season and Lakers miss the playoffs. Understand it. ACCEPT it...PeACe

too bad that's not the case. shaq does equal titles, he brougt an eastern conference title to orlando, 4 western conf. titles to los angeles, 1 (almost twohad not been for injuries) to miami, three championships to the lakers and one to the lakers.  also shaq missed a record amount of games this season and when wade went out the heat played better under him than under wade. remember they were in danger of NOT making it to the playoffs, wade goes down and shaq is number 1 again and they start winning and take FOURTH seed, i don't care what conference you're in that just doesn't happen under fat lazy leadership. lol  shaq gets more involved at the end of the season the heat start winning more , Kobe gets more involved and the lakers start losing more. do you not see the trend. do you not see that kobe has all the physical powers in the world but has no mental leadership skills. brains over brawn

It's PATHETIC to judge someone's leaderships skills when they're in Kobe's shoes. Kobe is the best leader in the league. You know why? BECAUSE NOT ONE OTHER INDIVIDUAL PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE WOULD HAVE LED THESE LAKERS INTO THE PLAYOFFS. What don't you get about that? What don't you get in the obviousness of you being a major Kobe hater? Shaq only won shit with a superstar guard paving the way...Shaq never even won ONE title as the clear-cut leader...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2007, 10:51:55 AM »

Way to go Jake...you just got this thread locked...

VVV

Shaq stepped into a team that was already playoff-bound, and he didn't even push them over the top until Kobe started developing into a star. Shaq couldn't do it on his own...So :sshh:

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2007, 01:15:12 PM »
What are you talking about? Odom has the ball in his hands in almost ever play. Same goes for whoever's playing the point guard...I can tell you've really been watching the Lakers Heat closely this season

wow, you're not getting huh? kobe holding the ball that much is more BAD than good for his team, hence the playoffs and regular season records (ESPECIALLY after the all star break when kobe started scoring so much)

LMAO@BRIAN COOK...And Ankless Luke. Something else, Jake... something else. :laugh:

again HOW many players were there for last year's almost upset? that experience should have carried over to this years' playoffs....especially since they were facing the suns once again. but why didn't it? they looked more lost out there than last year, it looked like the only team that learned anything from last year was the fuckin suns. the suns, a team that doesn't play defense and is predictable as watching a stop watch go from 1 to 2 ,lol.

[You just said Kobe is a Cedric Ceballos. :stupid:

i like how you ignored the point. kobe isn't shit to me. he's on the same love level as cedric ceballos. meaning i'm looking forward to winning without him than with him. he could jack up 101 point  for the whole season and it won't mean jack shit to mean unless we get w's. we're obviously not getting those with kobe, and probably never will because he's proved for 10 years that he is obviously not a leader, he's just meant to be a hand gun for a more dominany player.

I never always liked Kobe way more than Shaq. I liked them on the same level when they played here together. Shows how much your ass knows though...NOTHING. LMAO@me losing interest in the Lakers. You should come see my room, son. The fact is, Shaq asked to be traded because he was selfish and had no love for the Lakers or LA. Kobe asked to be traded because he loves the Lakers and LA and wants them to do something ASAP. If Kobe was Shaq, he would have been LONG GONE already. The problem is that you fail to realize this. There is no media hype, what happened with Shaq happened, the media hype is the opposite of what I (and Laker insiders) have been saying and writing about (Shaq being a big, selfish, spoiled baby, only interested in upping his personal status/legacy). The Lakers definitely coulda won 50 games this year...But by the end of the season, we DID look like a D-League team (minus Kobe and Odom). What's so hard to get? Also, don't forget, Shaq stepped into a team that was already playoff-bound, and he didn't even push them over the top until Kobe started developing into a star. Shaq couldn't do it on his own...So :sshh:

1. you were always a kobe bryany fan first, shaq fan second (at most).  that isn't even debatable. shaq asked to be traded because he hated mitch cup-check, and was pissed at jerry buss, he bitched about management just like kobe is  :laugh: he was also frustrated with kobe , who was trying with everything in his power to take over the team , kobe wasn't ready in 2004 to be the leader, shaq was still in the twilight of his prime, but in his prime still non the less. if management and players at that time were smart enough to see, in the long run everyone would have gotten what they wanted within  two years. but everyone involved was being indignant. shaq shouldn't have asked for an extention (meaning he wanted to stay with the lakers) but seriously you don't trade away that leadership that is FOR SURE (you can't argue that), and take a gamble on a player who has yet to proove that worth. he's just stats .and shaq was traded for three core players of that playoff team. that's like these lakers trading for shaq, getting rid of lamar odom, kwame brown, luke walton and brian cook. the heat traded ALOT for shaq. and shaq took them to a higher level. you make that kind of trade with any other player and team you don't get the same result. and even if your theory is right that shaq has always played in an "ideal" situation, why are they able to get and keep such quality players with such a high contract from shaq? simple because players know they can win with shaq. people like malone payton, walker, williams, e. jones, want to play under his leadership. lol  Shaq > kobe once again.

Really? Shaq was winning without a contending team built around him? Shaq won something without a superstar guard to walk him through every play? WHEN?!

Penny walked Shaq into the finals? are you daring to say that, shaq was leading that team, not penny. Kobe Lead shaq to the finals four times? excuse me who was performing the highest all four times ?? you can make an argument for wade last year, but the heat were one game away from facing the spurs in the finals with Shaq at the helm (then both shaq and wade got injured) so your theory only applies 1 out of the six times shaq has appeared in the finals

Right...So your ass still blames Kobe, even though SHAQ HIMSELF admitted it was purely manegement's decision. GOOD SHIT, Jake. You're not a hater at all. ::)

management was the primary source of it, but dont' pretend that kobe didn't play a part of it. kobe was the one saying he didn't want to come back if shaq was still on the team. he was the one wanting the sole leadership role, if kobe wanted to win so bad why didn't he protest trading shaq. fact of the matter is this shaq and kobe didn't get along because from shaq's perspective he was still the most dominant player in the league, that is not debatable. he was still able to lead the lakers to the finals and attract key role players to the team becuase after jerry west left mtich wasn't doing a very good job. at the same time he was having to deal with kobe trying to prematurly take over the team. kobe wasn't ready then and he's not ready now, kobe is NOT a leader, if hisotry has taught us anything it is that kobe is just a gun for another player. shaq wanted a contract extention becuase he felt that he wasn't being recognized enough by the organization so his response was to test dr. buss to see what side of the fense he was on. dr. buss was too in love with kobe, so in love that he was all too happy to trade shaq to keep kobe in town. kobe still plays a role in this because he was all too eager to let this happen. now kobe is in the SAME EXACT POSITION SHAQ WAS IN, and shaq is sitting back saying i told you so. so now we have kobe and shaq on the same page .......wow you mean it was THAT easy, all kobe had to do was see it from shaq's perspective and they would have been on the same page. THAT EASY. kobe knows it was a mistake to trade shaq, the city of los angeles knows that and everywhere else knows that. now it's too late the only thing left to do is try for another 10-11 years to get back to glory. it's not happening with kobe. point blank simples as that.

It's PATHETIC to judge someone's leaderships skills when they're in Kobe's shoes. Kobe is the best leader in the league. You know why? BECAUSE NOT ONE OTHER INDIVIDUAL PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE WOULD HAVE LED THESE LAKERS INTO THE PLAYOFFS. What don't you get about that? What don't you get in the obviousness of you being a major Kobe hater? Shaq only won shit with a superstar guard paving the way...Shaq never even won ONE title as the clear-cut leader...PeACe

the fact of the matter is this, i have seen players in kobe's shoes. shaq , i'll use shaq once again. in his rookie season he took the worst team in the league to a .500 record. this was in the Eastern conference at a time when the east was a power house conference with the jordan bulls.  Kobe has the luxury still of having the best coach possibly EVER to guide him and he still can't manage. shaq had brian hill lol. there's other examples of players in worse roles but i like to stick with shaq. Kobe also has the luxury of playing with an awesome player like Odom. Odom >>>>>>>nick anderson, scott skiles, dennis scott, donald royal, john koncak, brian shaw,ect.  lol

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2007, 03:32:47 PM »
What are you talking about? Odom has the ball in his hands in almost ever play. Same goes for whoever's playing the point guard...I can tell you've really been watching the Lakers Heat closely this season

wow, you're not getting huh? kobe holding the ball that much is more BAD than good for his team, hence the playoffs and regular season records (ESPECIALLY after the all star break when kobe started scoring so much)

WOW. What part of "there. aren't. enough. options. on. the. Lakers." don't you get? It isn't Kobe's preference to bust his ass and do all the work, genius.

again HOW many players were there for last year's almost upset? that experience should have carried over to this years' playoffs....especially since they were facing the suns once again. but why didn't it? they looked more lost out there than last year, it looked like the only team that learned anything from last year was the fuckin suns. the suns, a team that doesn't play defense and is predictable as watching a stop watch go from 1 to 2 ,lol.

LAST YEARS "ALMOST UPSET" WAS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENTY SCENERIO. If you truly watched the Lakers all season, you wouldn't even compare. In '06, the team was healthy, everyone was on the same page, despite the lack of talent, Kobe willed the team to excel. The team, as a group, went into the playoffs with an 11-3 record in their previous 14. This year, most of our players were forcing their bodies to play, and pretty much everyone was coming off of an injury. Odom just came back, Luke just came back, Kwame barely played all season and wasn't even supposed to play in the playoffs...A disaster...LOL@comparinng the '07 season to the '06 one.

[You just said Kobe is a Cedric Ceballos. :stupid:

i like how you ignored the point. kobe isn't shit to me. he's on the same love level as cedric ceballos. meaning i'm looking forward to winning without him than with him. he could jack up 101 point  for the whole season and it won't mean jack shit to mean unless we get w's. we're obviously not getting those with kobe, and probably never will because he's proved for 10 years that he is obviously not a leader, he's just meant to be a hand gun for a more dominany player.

Good thing Kobe is just entering his prime and has a great chance of proving you wrong. Too bad for you, though, Shaq is way out of his prime and will never be able to prove that he can win a championship without a superstar guard paving the way.

1. you were always a kobe bryany fan first, shaq fan second (at most).  that isn't even debatable. shaq asked to be traded because he hated mitch cup-check, and was pissed at jerry buss, he bitched about management just like kobe is  :laugh: he was also frustrated with kobe , who was trying with everything in his power to take over the team , kobe wasn't ready in 2004 to be the leader, shaq was still in the twilight of his prime, but in his prime still non the less. if management and players at that time were smart enough to see, in the long run everyone would have gotten what they wanted within  two years. but everyone involved was being indignant. shaq shouldn't have asked for an extention (meaning he wanted to stay with the lakers) but seriously you don't trade away that leadership that is FOR SURE (you can't argue that), and take a gamble on a player who has yet to proove that worth. he's just stats .and shaq was traded for three core players of that playoff team. that's like these lakers trading for shaq, getting rid of lamar odom, kwame brown, luke walton and brian cook. the heat traded ALOT for shaq. and shaq took them to a higher level. you make that kind of trade with any other player and team you don't get the same result. and even if your theory is right that shaq has always played in an "ideal" situation, why are they able to get and keep such quality players with such a high contract from shaq? simple because players know they can win with shaq. people like malone payton, walker, williams, e. jones, want to play under his leadership. lol  Shaq > kobe once again.

I was always a LAKER FAN first...Unlike you, who admitted to being a bigger Shaq fan than a Laker fan. Shaq didn't know when his time was up...Imagine Magic Johnson entering his prime and Kareem not knowing when his time was up. What a disaster that woulda' been. Good thing Kareem was a little smarter and A LOT more mature than Shaq, otherwise, this same shit woulda been happening to Magic in the 80's...

Penny walked Shaq into the finals? are you daring to say that, shaq was leading that team, not penny. Kobe Lead shaq to the finals four times? excuse me who was performing the highest all four times ?? you can make an argument for wade last year, but the heat were one game away from facing the spurs in the finals with Shaq at the helm (then both shaq and wade got injured) so your theory only applies 1 out of the six times shaq has appeared in the finals

Again, remind me when Shaq won something that MATTERED without a superstar guard paving the way and setting him up on every play? Can you imagine how disgustingly shitty Shaq would look on a team like the Grizzlies? Penny, at one point, was considered the best perimeter player in the league. The Magic had the best 1-2 punch in the league, before Shaq and his immaturity went and fucked that up as well...When Shaq led the Heat, they failed. When he realized he needed to back down and let Wade take over, they won...When has Shaq won something as a "leader" without Kobe? :laugh:

management was the primary source of it, but dont' pretend that kobe didn't play a part of it. kobe was the one saying he didn't want to come back if shaq was still on the team. he was the one wanting the sole leadership role, if kobe wanted to win so bad why didn't he protest trading shaq. fact of the matter is this shaq and kobe didn't get along because from shaq's perspective he was still the most dominant player in the league, that is not debatable. he was still able to lead the lakers to the finals and attract key role players to the team becuase after jerry west left mtich wasn't doing a very good job. at the same time he was having to deal with kobe trying to prematurly take over the team. kobe wasn't ready then and he's not ready now, kobe is NOT a leader, if hisotry has taught us anything it is that kobe is just a gun for another player. shaq wanted a contract extention becuase he felt that he wasn't being recognized enough by the organization so his response was to test dr. buss to see what side of the fense he was on. dr. buss was too in love with kobe, so in love that he was all too happy to trade shaq to keep kobe in town. kobe still plays a role in this because he was all too eager to let this happen. now kobe is in the SAME EXACT POSITION SHAQ WAS IN, and shaq is sitting back saying i told you so. so now we have kobe and shaq on the same page .......wow you mean it was THAT easy, all kobe had to do was see it from shaq's perspective and they would have been on the same page. THAT EASY. kobe knows it was a mistake to trade shaq, the city of los angeles knows that and everywhere else knows that. now it's too late the only thing left to do is try for another 10-11 years to get back to glory. it's not happening with kobe. point blank simples as that.

Uhhh, Kobe never said he didn't wanna come back if Shaq was on the team. :stupid:...He's the one who said in his exit interview that he wouldn't mind playing alongside Shaq for the rest of his career... But what did Shaq want? $30 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR! DISGUSTING! A fat, out of shape, majorly subsiding Shaq, who refuses coaches orders of losing weight, dieting, conditioning, training, and insists on healing his fucking toe during "company time" deserves that? Kobe had no involvement in Shaq's immaturity whatsoever. Kobe wasn't even re-signed yet with the Lakers, how the hell do you want him to worry about Shaq?...especiall when Shaq can't even get over the jealousy issues he has with Kobe taking over...Why can't you see that Shaq fucked the Lakers? Why can't you see that Shaq is a big asshole and a fucking baby? He did the same thing to Orlando...Have you read ANY books on Shaq, or books by people close to him describing his character? He's your idol, I'd look into this if I was you...

the fact of the matter is this, i have seen players in kobe's shoes. shaq , i'll use shaq once again. in his rookie season he took the worst team in the league to a .500 record. this was in the Eastern conference at a time when the east was a power house conference with the jordan bulls.  Kobe has the luxury still of having the best coach possibly EVER to guide him and he still can't manage. shaq had brian hill lol. there's other examples of players in worse roles but i like to stick with shaq. Kobe also has the luxury of playing with an awesome player like Odom. Odom >>>>>>>nick anderson, scott skiles, dennis scott, donald royal, john koncak, brian shaw,ect.  lol

A .500 record?! OMG, WOW! The fact of the matter is, Magic had the best 1-2 punch in the league before they started doing anything serious. Lakers had the best 1-2 punch in the league before they started doing anything serious. WHEN has Shaq won anything alone? When has Shaq led a team with no other all-star on it to success? PLEASE REMIND ME, JACOB.

8)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2007, 04:30:48 PM »

LAST YEARS "ALMOST UPSET" WAS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENTY SCENERIO. If you truly watched the Lakers all season, you wouldn't even compare. In '06, the team was healthy, everyone was on the same page, despite the lack of talent, Kobe willed the team to excel. The team, as a group, went into the playoffs with an 11-3 record in their previous 14. This year, most of our players were forcing their bodies to play, and pretty much everyone was coming off of an injury. Odom just came back, Luke just came back, Kwame barely played all season and wasn't even supposed to play in the playoffs...A disaster...LOL@comparinng the '07 season to the '06 one.

aha so you admit: that these players are not D-leaguers, the problem was injries then, kobe was wrong to blame his teammates, management did a good job building around kobe......lol

Good thing Kobe is just entering his prime and has a great chance of proving you wrong. Too bad for you, though, Shaq is way out of his prime and will never be able to prove that he can win a championship without a superstar guard paving the way.

i'm sure shaq's legacy of leading and winning will always eclipse kobe's 10 fold to the 10th power,lol . jordan never won a championship without a superstar small forward, so what! however kobe hasn't won a single playoff series without shaq , and that says alot more negative things about kobe's legacy than shaq "never winning a ring without a superstar guard".  shaq was penny's leader. shaq was kobe's leader. and in miami so far it's been split between wade and shaq. they won with shaq the first year and the won with wade the second year. this year they won more with shaq than with wade. so really your theory doesn't make any sense. and btw hasn't kobe BEEN entering his prime for the past 5 years now....lol kobe has been playing at the same high level now for 5 years, the only thing left for him to develope is a better team and leadership mentality. until he develops that, he'll always be like elgin baylor, all stats. his three rings will be Courtesy of shaquill O'neal. your welcome

I was always a LAKER FAN first...Unlike you, who admitted to being a bigger Shaq fan than a Laker fan. Shaq didn't know when his time was up...Imagine Magic Johnson entering his prime and Kareem not knowing when his time was up. What a disaster that woulda' been. Good thing Kareem was a little smarter and A LOT more mature than Shaq, otherwise, this same shit woulda been happening to Magic in the 80's...

lol i never seriously admitted that i was a bigger shaq fan than laker fan,lol. anywyas after that laugh, with karrem and magic magic didn't take over til kareem was past his prime, it was still kareems's team until kareem went over the hill. that's when the torch was passed. remember there was bigger gap of age. 13 years to be exact so by the time magic was coming into his prime kareem was already ready to pass the tourch. however with shaq and kobe there was a smaller gap of age. 6 or 7 years. meaning in 2004 shaq was STILL in his prime. shaq didn't go over the hill until after the 2004-2005 (when he almost beat nash for the mvp .....again). Kobe is still trying to figure out how to lead a team. why would shaq, who was still in his prime, and  a much much much more established leader give ranks to kobe. that should never of been an issue. Kobe should have waited til shaq's dominance reign was over. to start any of this. kobe showed MORE immaturaty than shaq here IMO. this would be like me trying to take over as CEO of Microsoft after i get my MBA. kobe wanted to much too soon and now he's got what he wants and can't figure out what he wants to do with it. Kobe under Shaq =championship, Kobe without Shaq =not even a playoff series win.

Again, remind me when Shaq won something that MATTERED without a superstar guard paving the way and setting him up on every play? Can you imagine how disgustingly shitty Shaq would look on a team like the Grizzlies? Penny, at one point, was considered the best perimeter player in the league. The Magic had the best 1-2 punch in the league, before Shaq and his immaturity went and fucked that up as well...When Shaq led the Heat, they failed. When he realized he needed to back down and let Wade take over, they won...When has Shaq won something as a "leader" without Kobe? :laugh:

it's obvious you just got into basketball. shaq was on the losingest team in the nba , he turned them around and made them a .500 team. without a guard. that right there says something. the lakers (before kobe got big) won more as well when he arrived (eddie jones and nick van exel were not superstars), if anything shaq has made those players careers. they benefited more with him being on the team than he benefitted from them. Shaq +______ =wins, Jordan+________ = wins. the equation isn't that hard . shaq like jordan made his teammates better no matter their skill level. give shaq/jordan a good player with a little bit of skill and they'll give you back an all star. put shaq in his prime on the grizzlies. he'd tear it up with gasol, miller, stoudimire, and swift. i'm not saying they'd be the NBA champions right away but they'd finish 4th 5th or 6th and at least make it out of the first round. lol. after shaq left did penny live up to the hype? yes there were injuries, but if we're using injuries as a crutch here shaq's had JUST as many. and when he came back he always lived up to the hype. even this year when he came back and lead the heat back into the playoffs

Uhhh, Kobe never said he didn't wanna come back if Shaq was on the team. :stupid:...He's the one who said in his exit interview that he wouldn't mind playing alongside Shaq for the rest of his career... But what did Shaq want? $30 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR! DISGUSTING! A fat, out of shape, majorly subsiding Shaq, who refuses coaches orders of losing weight, dieting, conditioning, training, and insists on healing his fucking toe during "company time" deserves that? Kobe had no involvement in Shaq's immaturity whatsoever. Kobe wasn't even re-signed yet with the Lakers, how the hell do you want him to worry about Shaq?...especiall when Shaq can't even get over the jealousy issues he has with Kobe taking over...Why can't you see that Shaq fucked the Lakers? Why can't you see that Shaq is a big asshole and a fucking baby? He did the same thing to Orlando...Have you read ANY books on Shaq, or books by people close to him describing his character? He's your idol, I'd look into this if I was you...

lol you know and i know kobe wasn't coming back if shaq was there leading the lakers, plain and simple, also someone get me that quote from kobe saying what i just put. also quit being a "hater" shaq brought your team more wins with his 'lazy' 'immature' leadership than kobe. get off the kobe wagon son, it's going no where fast. shaq could be the world's biggest ass hole after adolf hitler and i wouldn't care, he brought my team the trophy thrice and got us more wins than kobe who can't make up his mind on what he wants to do.

A .500 record?! OMG, WOW! The fact of the matter is, Magic had the best 1-2 punch in the league before they started doing anything serious. Lakers had the best 1-2 punch in the league before they started doing anything serious. WHEN has Shaq won anything alone? When has Shaq led a team with no other all-star on it to success? PLEASE REMIND ME, JACOB.

penny didn't come to the magic until the year after shaq's rookie year where they went from the worst team in the league to .500. they went from boston celtics satus to  Golden state status, then the next year with penny averaging what ? 14 15 points playing like  a rookie, they won a few more  games and so on shaq was always the leader, penny was like lamar odom to kobe. lol . and for the record the best 1  two punch in 93-94 was stockton malone, then in 94-95 was hakeem and drexler. lol then the next year it was jordan and pippen. shaq was always the unquestioned leader of that team, when shaq went down i believe at the begininng of the season for the 95-96 season penny did lead the magic to a good record , however other instances he failed miserably so don't think that Penny was the reason for the success. dont' think kobe was the reason for the success. don't think wade was the lone reason for the success, because when you analyse it, shaq was the major factor, the nucleus to it all. again shaq = championships and wins. heat with shaq> heat withouth, lakers with shaq> lakers without, magic with shaq> magic without

8)

teecee

« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2007, 04:50:10 PM »

aha so you admit: that these players are not D-leaguers, the problem was injries then, kobe was wrong to blame his teammates, management did a good job building around kobe......lol

i'm sure shaq's legacy of leading and winning will always eclipse kobe's 10 fold to the 10th power,lol . jordan never won a championship without a superstar small forward, so what! however kobe hasn't won a single playoff series without shaq , and that says alot more negative things about kobe's legacy than shaq "never winning a ring without a superstar guard".  shaq was penny's leader. shaq was kobe's leader. and in miami so far it's been split between wade and shaq. they won with shaq the first year and the won with wade the second year. this year they won more with shaq than with wade. so really your theory doesn't make any sense. and btw hasn't kobe BEEN entering his prime for the past 5 years now....lol kobe has been playing at the same high level now for 5 years, the only thing left for him to develope is a better team and leadership mentality. until he develops that, he'll always be like elgin baylor, all stats. his three rings will be Courtesy of shaquill O'neal. your welcome

lol i never seriously admitted that i was a bigger shaq fan than laker fan,lol. anywyas after that laugh, with karrem and magic magic didn't take over til kareem was past his prime, it was still kareems's team until kareem went over the hill. that's when the torch was passed. remember there was bigger gap of age. 13 years to be exact so by the time magic was coming into his prime kareem was already ready to pass the tourch. however with shaq and kobe there was a smaller gap of age. 6 or 7 years. meaning in 2004 shaq was STILL in his prime. shaq didn't go over the hill until after the 2004-2005 (when he almost beat nash for the mvp .....again). Kobe is still trying to figure out how to lead a team. why would shaq, who was still in his prime, and  a much much much more established leader give ranks to kobe. that should never of been an issue. Kobe should have waited til shaq's dominance reign was over. to start any of this. kobe showed MORE immaturaty than shaq here IMO. this would be like me trying to take over as CEO of Microsoft after i get my MBA. kobe wanted to much too soon and now he's got what he wants and can't figure out what he wants to do with it. Kobe under Shaq =championship, Kobe without Shaq =not even a playoff series win.

it's obvious you just got into basketball. shaq was on the losingest team in the nba , he turned them around and made them a .500 team. without a guard. that right there says something. the lakers (before kobe got big) won more as well when he arrived (eddie jones and nick van exel were not superstars), if anything shaq has made those players careers. they benefited more with him being on the team than he benefitted from them. Shaq +______ =wins, Jordan+________ = wins. the equation isn't that hard . shaq like jordan made his teammates better no matter their skill level. give shaq/jordan a good player with a little bit of skill and they'll give you back an all star. put shaq in his prime on the grizzlies. he'd tear it up with gasol, miller, stoudimire, and swift. i'm not saying they'd be the NBA champions right away but they'd finish 4th 5th or 6th and at least make it out of the first round. lol. after shaq left did penny live up to the hype? yes there were injuries, but if we're using injuries as a crutch here shaq's had JUST as many. and when he came back he always lived up to the hype. even this year when he came back and lead the heat back into the playoffs

lol you know and i know kobe wasn't coming back if shaq was there leading the lakers, plain and simple, also someone get me that quote from kobe saying what i just put. also quit being a "hater" shaq brought your team more wins with his 'lazy' 'immature' leadership than kobe. get off the kobe wagon son, it's going no where fast. shaq could be the world's biggest ass hole after adolf hitler and i wouldn't care, he brought my team the trophy thrice and got us more wins than kobe who can't make up his mind on what he wants to do.

penny didn't come to the magic until the year after shaq's rookie year where they went from the worst team in the league to .500. they went from boston celtics satus to  Golden state status, then the next year with penny averaging what ? 14 15 points playing like  a rookie, they won a few more  games and so on shaq was always the leader, penny was like lamar odom to kobe. lol . and for the record the best 1  two punch in 93-94 was stockton malone, then in 94-95 was hakeem and drexler. lol then the next year it was jordan and pippen. shaq was always the unquestioned leader of that team, when shaq went down i believe at the begininng of the season for the 95-96 season penny did lead the magic to a good record , however other instances he failed miserably so don't think that Penny was the reason for the success. dont' think kobe was the reason for the success. don't think wade was the lone reason for the success, because when you analyse it, shaq was the major factor, the nucleus to it all. again shaq = championships and wins. heat with shaq> heat withouth, lakers with shaq> lakers without, magic with shaq> magic without

8)

Yo Don, do what I've (and MANY others) have done, and just don't respond to NIK.  He doesn't even believe what he is saying, so i guess you just have to laugh at him or ignore him. Ever been around a 2 year old?  They do stupid shit to get attention, and they will keep doing it until people ignore them. Maybe if we ignore NIK he will go away. 

There is no way NIK truly belives that Shaq wasn't the key to the Magic and to the Lakers teams either.  If anything, Shaq winning last year proves he doesn't need Kobe as much as Kobe needs him, right?  NIK knows this, it hurts his feelings, and thus his continuos denial.  Peace

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2007, 07:51:54 PM »
LMAO@the "best player in basketball", end of 3rd quarter, 1-10 FG. :-X

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2007, 08:10:20 PM »

We could manage without the injuries, but we OBVIOUSLY weren't 100% built to contend. We had no one to run the point! No true big! Before the injuries, we had depth to somewhat compensate for that, but once reality set in, no way..

How many years has Kobe played without Shaq yet? How many of those years did he have an all-star to play alongside?...Now how many years did Shaq play without Kobe? How many of those years did he have an all-star to play alongside? Thank you very much. 8)

WE LOST TWO CONSECUTIVE YEARS WITH SHAQ IN THE LEADING ROLE. In fact, Phil called for the offense to run through Kobe in 03-04, but Shaq couldn't have it. Remember? He wouldn't "play defense or rebound" if the offense didn't run through him... It was time for Shaq to step down and let the offense run through Kobe and he couldn't take it. Too bad you love Shaq too much to see this.

The only thing obvious is that you have no fucking clue what you're talking about. LMAO@Eddie Jones benefitting from Shaq. You're a joke, Jake. Then people wonder why I tell you to read Laker books. Read some books on what were discussing, and you wont be making all these irrational claims. Jordan made his teammates better? :laugh: Penny Hardaway took the Magic to the playoffs on his own as well...Big fuckin whoop. JUST ADMIT SHAQ HASN'T DONE SHIT ON HIS OWN.

Yea, because the Lakers wouldn't have had enough money for Kobe with Shaq's selfish ass demands! You tend to fiorget Shaq/ & Kobe pretty much led the way 50/50 in the threepeat years. Shaq never got us shit on his own, and it's a shame that you can't see that.

Again, failing to give credit where credit is due because you love Shaq so much. Just remember, the question was alway "will Shaq retire with no rings?" before Kobe broke into superstar status...PeACe
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 08:14:06 PM by Now_I_Know »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2007, 08:12:35 PM »

8)

Yo Don, do what I've (and MANY others) have done, and just don't respond to NIK.  He doesn't even believe what he is saying, so i guess you just have to laugh at him or ignore him. Ever been around a 2 year old?  They do stupid shit to get attention, and they will keep doing it until people ignore them. Maybe if we ignore NIK he will go away. 

There is no way NIK truly belives that Shaq wasn't the key to the Magic and to the Lakers teams either.  If anything, Shaq winning last year proves he doesn't need Kobe as much as Kobe needs him, right?  NIK knows this, it hurts his feelings, and thus his continuos denial.  Peace

Moron. The Heat were built to win. The Lakers weren't built to win...Do you believe what YOU say? LOL. :grumpy:

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2007, 08:15:32 PM »
fuck all this
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2007, 08:20:05 PM »
fuck all this

No shit...This is the kind of thread that needs to be locked...nobody, including the sections moderator, is staying on topic.

To bring it back...watching tonight's game it is clear that Lebron has a few more things to learn.  He has the skills and the talent and with a little more growth, I agree and believe he will be the best player in the NBA in two or three years.  I bet he will explode at least once, maybe twice, in these Finals. but I think most of his games are going to be average (for him, which is still better than most players). 
NIK - World's worst moderator.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2007, 08:29:18 PM »
^^Better than average, but can you at least now admit that it was a bit premature to put him on Kobe's level? I mean, come on, now.