Author Topic: Check it: "Kobe should take a page from LeBron's book"- FOx sports  (Read 1894 times)

teecee

Re: Check it: "Kobe should take a page from LeBron's book"- FOx sports
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2007, 11:14:01 PM »
This is definitely an overtypical article bashing Kobe, just as many others are. I think there is SOME truth in there...but this article doesn't even begin to acknowledge ANYTHING that Kobe does better than Lebron, whether it's on the court, off the court, physically or mentally.

I don't think Lebron is a flavor of the month, and they've been wanting to crown him the "next major star" every since HS when they televised his games. They would have hyped him up even more than D Wade last year when he won the championship...but they couldn't, because Lebron didn't make it to the third round. Just as they barely mentioned Lebron in the playoffs after he was eliminated, it's been the exact same way for D. Wade this year. However...the fact that Kobe still remains to be the talk of the league every year, even when his team doesn't make the finals, says something major.

Well, the article DOES say Kobe is a better scorer and defender than Lebron. 

Also, there is only one real reason why Kobe is still "the talk of the league" right now: because he made sure he would be when he spoke out against the Lakers front office, then said he wanted to be a Laker for life, and so on. 

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2007, 12:16:36 PM »
true^

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2007, 06:36:31 PM »
Damn, your pathetic for sifting through 7 months of threds just to find a quote to attempt to make yourself look good. People's minds change, Kobe's attitude this season helped change alot of opinions on him.

Kobe's attitude made people change their mind about him THIS SEASON? LOL. Kobe had a record setting MVP caliber season, where he single-handedly willed a hobbled sub-par supporting cast to the NBA playoffs in the WEST. If anything, this season only ADDED to peoples opinion on Kobe as a player. All-NBA 1st Team. All-Defense 1st team, All-Star MVP, scoring title, record setting consecutive 50+ point games, led team in assists, etc. etc...Keep hating, son.

And it only took 1 minute to find that quote by Jake. I already remebered him always claiming how Kobe was so much greater than LeBron, and how LeBron is whack and couldn't even lead Team USA to anything past bronze TWICE. There's a reason a "search" button is provided, phillyboy. :)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 06:40:08 PM by Now_I_Know »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2007, 06:41:04 PM »
good article, i couldn't have articulated that better.

fact of the matter is this. Kobe has ALL THE TALENT in the world, as does Lebron, Kobe has utilized every aspect of his talent, except one key aspect .....leadership and camaraderie. lebron has utilized that, and really has yet to utilize his full potential athletically, when and if he does it'll be scary. but lebron has the mental part of the game down, Kobe does not. that's what separates great players and heroes.

couldnt have said it better

I'll say it better for you

what amazes me is how people ride lebron james over kobe. i don't see it. i can't wait til the olympics , i believe kobe will bring the gold back home.

;D

at that point lebron really didn't show me anything that t-mac and vince carter have already showed me.  like a million people said after game 5. we watched lebron james become a man that night.  what i said about lebron from what happenedfrom december 06 and before that i still stand by. but game 5 was a benchmark in his career. 

LOL@one game against horrible defense swaying your opinion. Will your opinion shift back when he's sent home in the Finals?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2007, 06:46:18 PM »
This is definitely an overtypical article bashing Kobe, just as many others are. I think there is SOME truth in there...but this article doesn't even begin to acknowledge ANYTHING that Kobe does better than Lebron, whether it's on the court, off the court, physically or mentally.

I don't think Lebron is a flavor of the month, and they've been wanting to crown him the "next major star" every since HS when they televised his games. They would have hyped him up even more than D Wade last year when he won the championship...but they couldn't, because Lebron didn't make it to the third round. Just as they barely mentioned Lebron in the playoffs after he was eliminated, it's been the exact same way for D. Wade this year. However...the fact that Kobe still remains to be the talk of the league every year, even when his team doesn't make the finals, says something major.

Also, there is only one real reason why Kobe is still "the talk of the league" right now: because he made sure he would be when he spoke out against the Lakers front office, then said he wanted to be a Laker for life, and so on. 

Kobe is a better scorer and a better defender, yet he's somehow not the better player. Wow. LOL...

He's not talking about Kobe being the talk of the league as in the Laker FO drama...He's talking about Kobe being the talk of the league as in him being the pinnacle for young rising superstar comparisons. yesterday it was Wade, today it's LeBron, tomorrow it will be Durant. But it will ALWAYS be Kobe. 8)

teecee

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2007, 08:03:49 PM »

Kobe is a better scorer and a better defender, yet he's somehow not the better player. Wow. LOL...

He's not talking about Kobe being the talk of the league as in the Laker FO drama...He's talking about Kobe being the talk of the league as in him being the pinnacle for young rising superstar comparisons. yesterday it was Wade, today it's LeBron, tomorrow it will be Durant. But it will ALWAYS be Kobe. 8)

Kobe IS a better scorer and defender, but I ask you this:  have you ever played the game, or coached it?  Do you understand what it is to be part of a team?  You also realize there is more to the game then individual scoring or d, right? 

Correct me if i am wrong:  Lebron is better OVERALL.  Lebron is a better rebounder, passer, gets more steals, blocks, AND the kicker:  he has LED his team to the finals, something Kobe has yet to do.  Yes, Kobe has 3 titles, but since Shaq has left Kobe hasn't taken his team out of the first round.  Whatever the reasons, be it  the tougher conference, be it the front office or the other guys fault, Kobe has won as many playoff rounds (as the leader of his team) as T-Mac has.  Am i wrong???   

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2007, 08:39:33 PM »
Damn, your pathetic for sifting through 7 months of threds just to find a quote to attempt to make yourself look good. People's minds change, Kobe's attitude this season helped change alot of opinions on him.

Kobe's attitude made people change their mind about him THIS SEASON? LOL. Kobe had a record setting MVP caliber season, where he single-handedly willed a hobbled sub-par supporting cast to the NBA playoffs in the WEST. If anything, this season only ADDED to peoples opinion on Kobe as a player. All-NBA 1st Team. All-Defense 1st team, All-Star MVP, scoring title, record setting consecutive 50+ point games, led team in assists, etc. etc...Keep hating, son.

And it only took 1 minute to find that quote by Jake. I already remebered him always claiming how Kobe was so much greater than LeBron, and how LeBron is whack and couldn't even lead Team USA to anything past bronze TWICE. There's a reason a "search" button is provided, phillyboy. :)

again that was then this is now.  lebron has made steps to spearheading his way to the level of kobe bryant, things CAN change over a year you know? especially when it's a talent like lebron james  who's BARELY older than me (22). kobe bryant would never of been able to do that at 22 no way, no how......without shaq.  however i still stand by my past statements about lebron. carmello should have been the rookie of the year that year. Team USA would have won the gold if kobe had been on those teams (lebron was only 20-21,but with that said  kobe wouldn't have been able to lead team USA to the gold either at that age) . and kobe was better than lebron for all those seasons and years i said that. but you want to act like lebron never grew in the three years he's been in the league.

check it.

2004-2005
Kobe >Lebron

2005-2006
Kobe >Lebron

2006-2007
Kobe~Lebron

he's playing at a level that michael jordan played at , while kobe is playing at a level that Elgin Baylor played at (all stats no rings/wins)

is my opinion on Lebron going to change when the spurs win it all? No, even if they get swept like the magic did in 95' i see ALOT of potential JUST like i saw in the OTHER superstar i saw potential in from that losing series ....Shaquille O'neal. Lebron James is only going to get better. He's probably not going to win it all this season but this is a thunder bolt for all the league to listen to. Kobe Bryant has  close to ZERO leadership skills, he's had 10 years to develop them and now a 22 year old clone of him has surpassed him in that department, what else will lebron surpass kobe at in the coming years?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 08:51:09 PM by Don Jacob »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2007, 08:45:26 PM »

Correct me if i am wrong:  Lebron is better OVERALL.  Lebron is a better rebounder, passer, gets more steals, blocks, AND the kicker:  he has LED his team to the finals, something Kobe has yet to do.  Yes, Kobe has 3 titles, but since Shaq has left Kobe hasn't taken his team out of the first round.  Whatever the reasons, be it  the tougher conference, be it the front office or the other guys fault, Kobe has won as many playoff rounds (as the leader of his team) as T-Mac has.  Am i wrong???   

Lebron James:      Kobe Bryant:

PPG 27.3              PPG 31.6
RPG 6.7                RPG 5.7
APG 6.0                APG  5.4
SPG 1.60               SPG 1.44
BPG .71                BPG .47
FG% .476            FG% .463
FT% .698            FT% .868
3P% .319            3P%  .344
MPG 40.9             MPG 40.8

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2007, 09:11:51 PM »

Kobe IS a better scorer and defender, but I ask you this:  have you ever played the game, or coached it?  Do you understand what it is to be part of a team?  You also realize there is more to the game then individual scoring or d, right? 

LeBron is better overall? That's priceless! LOL. Kobe is better at BOTH ENDS of the floor. Explain to me how that equals LeBron being better overall? Yes, LeBron is more submissive on the offensive end, but that's because he doesn't have that Jordan killer mentality. Kobe has led his team for 3 years (2, considering that first season was expansion and scrapped midway through). Consider what he's done with what he has. LeBron is a good player, but his team was built to win in the East...As for your stat analysis, LeBron gets more steals and blocks cuz he's weak on defense. Those are due to gambles- players with lower defensive stats (ala Bruce Bowen, Raja Bell) are in many cases better defenders than a player who picks up lots of steals and blocks because they can't stay in front of their man and gamble a lot (ala Wade, Lebron). Fact of the matter is:

Better ball-handler=Kobe
Better scorer=Kobe
Better defender=Kobe
Better jumper=Kobe
Better 3=Kobe
Better command of double/triple teams=Kobe
Better in clutch situations=Kobe
B.E.T.T.E.R=Kobe

teecee, do you really think LeBron is currently on Kobe's level? I wanna hear your HONEST opinion...PeACe

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2007, 09:16:48 PM »

One thing that people seem to forget is that Shaq and Lebron's teams were built around them. Kobe didn't have that luxury in the same way. From the millisecond that Cleveland realized that the #2 pick went to the Pistons, they knew Lebron was the future and the person they would build their team around. Jerry West said Kobe had an amazing workout, but they didn't draft him expecting to build the entire team around him in the same fashion...and when they signed Shaq, they knew that he was the main item they'd be building around.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2007, 09:18:14 PM »

again that was then this is now.  lebron has made steps to spearheading his way to the level of kobe bryant, things CAN change over a year you know? especially when it's a talent like lebron james  who's BARELY older than me (22). kobe bryant would never of been able to do that at 22 no way, no how......without shaq.  however i still stand by my past statements about lebron. carmello should have been the rookie of the year that year. Team USA would have won the gold if kobe had been on those teams (lebron was only 20-21,but with that said  kobe wouldn't have been able to lead team USA to the gold either at that age) . and kobe was better than lebron for all those seasons and years i said that. but you want to act like lebron never grew in the three years he's been in the league.

check it.

2004-2005
Kobe >Lebron

2005-2006
Kobe >Lebron

2006-2007
Kobe~Lebron

he's playing at a level that michael jordan played at , while kobe is playing at a level that Elgin Baylor played at (all stats no rings/wins)

is my opinion on Lebron going to change when the spurs win it all? No, even if they get swept like the magic did in 95' i see ALOT of potential JUST like i saw in the OTHER superstar i saw potential in from that losing series ....Shaquille O'neal. Lebron James is only going to get better. He's probably not going to win it all this season but this is a thunder bolt for all the league to listen to. Kobe Bryant has  close to ZERO leadership skills, he's had 10 years to develop them and now a 22 year old clone of him has surpassed him in that department, what else will lebron surpass kobe at in the coming years?

DUDE, LeBron had a WORSE season. LOL. He didn't grow, that was everyones huge concern with him before this Detroit series, which suddenly made LeBron "so" amazing. How does one good series where the team matches up horribly against you take you from being heavily doubted to "Michael Jordan level"? And he didn't even have a great series as a whole, it was really that one great game where he scored 48 points in a double overtime game that made the media bust a nut...you truly think LeBron is playing at Michael Jordan level? HAHAHAHAHA. That's classic, Jake. Jordan in his prime would have swept these pistons. 3Peat Kobe on this cavs team woulda tortured these Pistons as well...Your claims are outrageous, man. LeBron subsided his game this season.  Only someone with very little knowledge in regards to the game (OR a Kobe hater/LeBron dickrider) would say LeBron is currently on the level of a Kobe. Sorry, but that's the truth man...PeACe

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2007, 09:26:30 PM »
here's a more fair comparison

Year Team G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
Kobe B: 96-97 LAL 71 6 15.5 .417 .375 .819 0.7 1.2 1.9 1.3 0.7 0.3 1.58 1.40 7.6
LebroN:03-04 CLE 79 79 39.5 .417 .290 .754 1.3 4.2 5.5 5.9 1.6 0.7 3.46 1.90 20.9

Rookie seasons in summary: Kobe is a better shooter on the line and behind the arc and makes less turnovers, however lebron is a better rebounder and Defender also a better distributor

Kobe B: 97-98 LAL 79 1 26.0 .428 .341 .794 1.0 2.1 3.1 2.5 0.9 0.5 1.99 2.30 15.4
LebroN:04-05 CLE 80 80 42.4 .472 .351 .750 1.4 6.0 7.4 7.2 2.2 0.6 3.28 1.80 27.2

Soph year In Summary: Kobe is a better free throw shooter, but lebron james is a better shooter rebounder and defender. Also a better distributor

Kobe B: 98-99 LAL 50 50 37.9 .465 .267 .839 1.1 4.2 5.3 3.8 1.4 1.0 3.14 3.10 19.9
LebroN:05-06 CLE 79 79 42.5 .480 .335 .738 0.9 6.1 7.0 6.6 1.6 0.8 3.29 2.30 31.4

3rd year in summary: Kobe is a better free throw shooter and commits less turnovers. However Lebron James is a better shooter, Rebounder and Defender. Also better distributor

Kobe B: 99-00 LAL 66 62 38.2 .468 .319 .821 1.6 4.7 6.3 4.9 1.6 0.9 2.76 3.30 22.5
LebroN:06-07 CLE 78 78 40.9 .476 .319 .698 1.1 5.7 6.7 6.0 1.6 0.7 3.21 2.20 27.3

Championship years in summary: Kobe is a better free throw shooter .Lebron James is a better scorer and distributor, both are equal when it ocmes to the three point line defense and rebounding

like i said Lebron James ~ Kobe Bryant

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2007, 09:37:34 PM »

check it.

2004-2005
Kobe >Lebron

2005-2006
Kobe >Lebron

2006-2007
Kobe~Lebron

DUDE, LeBron had a WORSE season. LOL. He didn't grow, that was everyones huge concern with him before this Detroit series, which suddenly made LeBron "so" amazing. How does one good series where the team matches up horribly against you take you from being heavily doubted to "Michael Jordan level"? And he didn't even have a great series as a whole, it was really that one great game where he scored 48 points in a double overtime game that made the media bust a nut...you truly think LeBron is playing at Michael Jordan level? HAHAHAHAHA. That's classic, Jake. Jordan in his prime would have swept these pistons. 3Peat Kobe on this cavs team woulda tortured these Pistons as well...Your claims are outrageous, man. LeBron subsided his game this season.  Only someone with very little knowledge in regards to the game (OR a Kobe hater/LeBron dickrider) would say LeBron is currently on the level of a Kobe. Sorry, but that's the truth man...PeACe

Year  Tm    G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
05-06 LAL 80 80 41.0 .450 .347 .850 0.9 4.4 5.3 4.5 1.8 0.4 3.13 2.90 35.4
06-07 LAL 77 77 40.8 .463 .344 .868 1.0 4.7 5.7 5.4 1.4 0.5 3.31 2.70 31.6

Year Tm   G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
05-06 CLE 79 79 42.5 .480 .335 .738 0.9 6.1 7.0 6.6 1.6 0.8 3.29 2.30 31.4
06-07 CLE 78 78 40.9 .476 .319 .698 1.1 5.7 6.7 6.0 1.6 0.7 3.21 2.20 27.3

lol they both had "WORSE" years than their previous years. lol

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2007, 09:39:44 PM »
^^LMAO, Jake, you're something else, man. LeBron is a better defender? AHAHAHA! How? Because he picks up more steals and blocks? Come on, you should know better than that! LeBron is known as a weak defender for a reason. A player who can't stay in front of his man will generally pick up more steals and blocks off of gambles, very surprised you'd compare defensive stats and call LEBRON a "better defender". :laugh:

EVEN THE LEBRON DICKRIDING MEDIA didn't have the luxury of saying LeBron had a better season than Kobe...You're breaking grounds here with your hate for Kobe...Okay, LeBron is a better REBOUNDER. That's what he has on Kobe. ONE OF HIS TASKS IS REBOUNDING, THOUGH. He's one of the bigger sized players on his team and plays the post a lot! And I wonder why he gets so many assist? He passes a lot because he doesn't have that scorers mentality (Jordan, Kobe, Wilt, West, Kareem, Bird, ALL the greats, hell, even Magic when it was called upon, had this mentality.). Dude's a playmaker. It's also not too great that LeBron's shooting percentage is BARELY better than Kobe's when he plays the post WAY more and shoots the three WAY less. :-X

Is LeBron better than Jordan because he picks up more rebounds and assists? LOL. Come on now, Jake.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 10:12:11 PM by Now_I_Know »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2007, 09:41:12 PM »

check it.

2004-2005
Kobe >Lebron

2005-2006
Kobe >Lebron

2006-2007
Kobe~Lebron

Year  Tm    G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
05-06 LAL 80 80 41.0 .450 .347 .850 0.9 4.4 5.3 4.5 1.8 0.4 3.13 2.90 35.4
06-07 LAL 77 77 40.8 .463 .344 .868 1.0 4.7 5.7 5.4 1.4 0.5 3.31 2.70 31.6

Year Tm   G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
05-06 CLE 79 79 42.5 .480 .335 .738 0.9 6.1 7.0 6.6 1.6 0.8 3.29 2.30 31.4
06-07 CLE 78 78 40.9 .476 .319 .698 1.1 5.7 6.7 6.0 1.6 0.7 3.21 2.20 27.3

lol they both had "WORSE" years than their previous years. lol

Kobe had a better year, fool. He raised his rebounds, assists, percentages, lowered his turnovers, and only averaged less points cuz he shot less. ::)