Author Topic: Check it: "Kobe should take a page from LeBron's book"- FOx sports  (Read 1896 times)

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Check it: "Kobe should take a page from LeBron's book"- FOx sports
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2007, 03:04:19 PM »
Kobe is not saying REBUILD! Again, missing the whole point. He's mad cuz the front-office lied. They said they were tryna win now. They coulda SIGNED Baron Davis. They coulda traded Butler for Boozer. There was many MANY mistakes made behind Kobe's back and without his consent. Nothing to do with "rebuilding"... It's like he said, a superstar player would call him, "hey, Kobe, I hear they're tryna sign me/trade for me in LA". Kobe lobbies the front-office to make the move, the front-office doesn't even consider it... BAM, DENIED. You HAVE to understand Kobe's position, and it IS the best for the Lakers, cuz we'll be contending ASAP. Mark that...PeACe

Man i couldn't believe they really didn't do a Butler for Boozer trade. If it's like that you guys in L.A. should riot.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2007, 03:57:10 PM »
Kobe is not saying REBUILD! Again, missing the whole point. He's mad cuz the front-office lied. They said they were tryna win now. They coulda SIGNED Baron Davis. They coulda traded Butler for Boozer. There was many MANY mistakes made behind Kobe's back and without his consent. Nothing to do with "rebuilding"... It's like he said, a superstar player would call him, "hey, Kobe, I hear they're tryna sign me/trade for me in LA". Kobe lobbies the front-office to make the move, the front-office doesn't even consider it... BAM, DENIED. You HAVE to understand Kobe's position, and it IS the best for the Lakers, cuz we'll be contending ASAP. Mark that...PeACe

Man i couldn't believe they really didn't do a Butler for Boozer trade. If it's like that you guys in L.A. should riot.

LMAO naw, I don't think Utah would have done that... that's insanity. Especially since you gave up Butler anyway, for a much worse player.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2007, 04:07:53 PM »
Kobe is not saying REBUILD! Again, missing the whole point.

Sorry, but I am sure he wants them to make a big trade. There is no doubt in my mind that he pushes for a Odom and Bynum for JO/Gasol/Garnett trade... no matter what the hell he or you say.
No, it's not a sin

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2007, 04:17:20 PM »

Sorry, but I am sure he wants them to make a big trade. There is no doubt in my mind that he pushes for a Odom and Bynum for JO/Gasol/Garnett trade... no matter what the hell he or you say.

Yeah that's what i'm saying. I call it REBUILD. Maybe it's not the perfect word but....

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2007, 06:57:13 PM »
I donno...for some reason, I get a lil attached to players in a way, and I hate seein certain ones leave, especially when we see em grow or go through somethin. So I won't be happy seein Luke, Lamar, or Bynum leave. Kwame....I can't say the same, because he has worse butterfingers than the 99 cent store. But Lamar has stepped it up, especially in the playoffs, and he lost his son....and we saw Bynum go from a complete stiff to bein active, and then to bein passive but I think he peaked too early in the season. 

I just don't know what direction we should go though. I have a strong feeling that no teams will make a trade with us that they feel could help us, especially in the West. I think the trades we've been discussin are tooooo damn risky for us...especially Bynum AND Lamar for Jermaine...and I donno how much more of a threat that will really make us. Maybe it will help us in that JO and Lamar's stats aren't much different, but Lamar's style is too close to Kobe's for it to blend as good as havin that inside/outside threat.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2007, 04:12:19 AM »
I donno...for some reason, I get a lil attached to players in a way, and I hate seein certain ones leave, especially when we see em grow or go through somethin. So I won't be happy seein Luke, Lamar, or Bynum leave. Kwame....I can't say the same, because he has worse butterfingers than the 99 cent store. But Lamar has stepped it up, especially in the playoffs, and he lost his son....and we saw Bynum go from a complete stiff to bein active, and then to bein passive but I think he peaked too early in the season. 

I just don't know what direction we should go though. I have a strong feeling that no teams will make a trade with us that they feel could help us, especially in the West. I think the trades we've been discussin are tooooo damn risky for us...especially Bynum AND Lamar for Jermaine...and I donno how much more of a threat that will really make us. Maybe it will help us in that JO and Lamar's stats aren't much different, but Lamar's style is too close to Kobe's for it to blend as good as havin that inside/outside threat.

That's what i'm talking about.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2007, 10:20:04 AM »

LMAO naw, I don't think Utah would have done that... that's insanity. Especially since you gave up Butler anyway, for a much worse player.

LMAO? The trade was already finalized. Lakers backed out...Boozer was considered "injury prone" and Lakers said "he couldn't guard fours" at the time.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2007, 10:22:22 AM »

Did he say that? What he's mad about is the times we passed up trading for superstars or signing superstars to minimal deals. Everything Kobe wanted, he got the opposite...You can speculate all you want on what he's requesting, but what he wants is a CONTENDER. He's made that clear enough.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2007, 10:25:17 AM »

I myself don't want to trade for JO if we have to include Odom (or even Bynum)...But I'm down with whatever makes us contenders. I'll be happy as long as we get a good team built around Kobe by the start of the season, and I have a good feeling about that.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2007, 10:31:54 AM »

LMAO? The trade was already finalized. Lakers backed out...Boozer was considered "injury prone" and Lakers said "he couldn't guard fours" at the time.

:-X
No, it's not a sin

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2007, 10:10:24 PM »

:-X

dexter

« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2007, 08:28:39 AM »
good article, i couldn't have articulated that better.

fact of the matter is this. Kobe has ALL THE TALENT in the world, as does Lebron, Kobe has utilized every aspect of his talent, except one key aspect .....leadership and camaraderie. lebron has utilized that, and really has yet to utilize his full potential athletically, when and if he does it'll be scary. but lebron has the mental part of the game down, Kobe does not. that's what separates great players and heroes.
HAS KOBE EVER WON a NBA Title? ::) JUST Curious!!!!LOL

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2007, 02:04:45 PM »
^^LOL. No. He never has. And LeBron is mentally stronger than Kobe.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2007, 02:26:29 AM »
No shit. You guys are making it too easy, c'mon. I mean Kobe WON rings, they didn't just give them to him as a present. We ain't talking about Devean George! Kobe had IMPRESSIVE games, he stepped up in the post-season, he made CLUTCH shots, he took the team over his shoulders in a pair of NBA Finals games too (when Shaq got fouled out), he defended like nobody on his team, he played an IMPRESSIVE basket, so much that he was considered as the best SG in the league and the 2nd best player in the league. The "next Jordan". He simply destroyed everything that night in Colorado. But he was about to become the "next Jordan" with the NBA dickryding him and the whole world on his feet.

SGV

« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2007, 07:45:20 AM »
This whole arguement reminds me of some of my employees and some of my co-workers. I work in Sales so of course everything is about how well and how much you sell. But when someone who isn't a top salesman gets a managerial position, people begin to hate and say "well he/she doesn't know how to sell, how can they manager a store?"

My response to that is this: Just because you can sell, does NOT mean you can lead. And just because you can lead does NOT mean you can sell. Two of the best Managers we have in our district were crappy salesmen coming up. But they lead their stores better than anyone in the district, even some cats who were the best of the best when it came to sales.

So what I'm getting at is this: Yes, Kobe can score. He can defend. He can do all this... But he still has NOT proven that he is able to lead. LeBron might not be on every night. But, dude knows how to lead. While he may not drop 30+ points a night, he's motivating his team to work around him to get the job done. THAT'S leadership.

There's no such award for GIP (Greatest Individual Player), this is a team sport.