Author Topic: Check it: "Kobe should take a page from LeBron's book"- FOx sports  (Read 1892 times)

SGV

Re: Check it: "Kobe should take a page from LeBron's book"- FOx sports
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2007, 07:44:45 AM »
It's just funny how one man's opinion can make you change up so quickly... You went from one extreme to the next because of something Kobe said.

dexter

« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2007, 08:03:38 AM »
This whole arguement reminds me of some of my employees and some of my co-workers. I work in Sales so of course everything is about how well and how much you sell. But when someone who isn't a top salesman gets a managerial position, people begin to hate and say "well he/she doesn't know how to sell, how can they manager a store?"

My response to that is this: Just because you can sell, does NOT mean you can lead. And just because you can lead does NOT mean you can sell. Two of the best Managers we have in our district were crappy salesmen coming up. But they lead their stores better than anyone in the district, even some cats who were the best of the best when it came to sales.

So what I'm getting at is this: Yes, Kobe can score. He can defend. He can do all this... But he still has NOT proven that he is able to lead. LeBron might not be on every night. But, dude knows how to lead. While he may not drop 30+ points a night, he's motivating his team to work around him to get the job done. THAT'S leadership.

There's no such award for GIP (Greatest Individual Player), this is a team sport.

Sorry, but LeBron is in the leaders role every other game or so...Kobe is a true leader, you don't see him disappearing and looking like a role player constantly like you'd see with LeBron. How often does LeBron look like a great leader? Not very often, if you wanna be honest about it...Mentally, he is not quite there yet. Kobe's problem is something completely different. He simply doesn't have the supporting cast. There are vacant positions on the Laker roster. LeBron wouldn't be able to lead this Laker roster past 20 wins...PeACe
TRUE
KOBE HATERS Has 3 THREE NBA TITLES ALREADY DUH!!! ???

teecee

« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2007, 09:30:22 AM »
Let's flip this a bit............how would the Cavs do in the finals against the Spurs with Kobe instead of Lebron?

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2007, 11:13:57 AM »
In the beginning of the season, I did think we had a good chance to contend...I had no clue about the managements plan to build for the future, like Kobe, I was under the impression the goal was to win now. We looked like we were heading in a nice direction... I had no idea they didn't consider Kobe and Phil Jackson's requests for roster adjustments, and pretty much denied every suggestion. You gotta admit that we looked elite in the beginning of the season. We had a top record and beat every good team convincingly...The season fell apart quick though, and now there IS a sense of urgency in Lakerville. I dunno what's so absurd about what I'm saying, do you think it's insane that I don't think any other player in the league coulda led this BATTERED roster to the playoffs? LeBron is good as hell, no doubt, but he's no saviour, he can't carry the load on his shoulder like Kobe can...That's all I'm saying, and why people act like they just got raped when I say that, I have no clue...PeACe

What are you talking about? I mean which official request Mitch refused to do that was possible to do?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2007, 11:25:11 AM »
It's just funny how one man's opinion can make you change up so quickly... You went from one extreme to the next because of something Kobe said.

Actually, I already knew we needed to have a busy summer ahead of us...It was pretty obvious the way the season ended.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2007, 11:25:38 AM »
Let's flip this a bit............how would the Cavs do in the finals against the Spurs with Kobe instead of Lebron?

Better, obviously...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2007, 11:36:43 AM »
In the beginning of the season, I did think we had a good chance to contend...I had no clue about the managements plan to build for the future, like Kobe, I was under the impression the goal was to win now. We looked like we were heading in a nice direction... I had no idea they didn't consider Kobe and Phil Jackson's requests for roster adjustments, and pretty much denied every suggestion. You gotta admit that we looked elite in the beginning of the season. We had a top record and beat every good team convincingly...The season fell apart quick though, and now there IS a sense of urgency in Lakerville. I dunno what's so absurd about what I'm saying, do you think it's insane that I don't think any other player in the league coulda led this BATTERED roster to the playoffs? LeBron is good as hell, no doubt, but he's no saviour, he can't carry the load on his shoulder like Kobe can...That's all I'm saying, and why people act like they just got raped when I say that, I have no clue...PeACe

What are you talking about? I mean which official request Mitch refused to do that was possible to do?

LMAO! You've got to be kidding, right? Have you been following this whole thing?

1.Keep Caron Butler
2.Retain Kareem Rush
3.Not draft Bynum (I'm against this request, but Phil originally didn't want it)
4.Keep Jumaine Jones
5.Sign Baron Davis
6.Trade for Boozer when we had a deal on the table
7.Trade for Artest when the price was extremely low
8.Trade for Jason Kidd when we had a deal on the table
9.Sign Chris Webber
10.ATTEMPT TO BUILD THE BEST ROSTER POSSIBLE.

Those are just off the top of the head...But if you understood the situation, you'd know that Phil has had no say in the player personnel since he returned to the Lakers. Same with Kobe...And then you wonder why they're mad. :-\

dexter

« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2007, 12:20:37 PM »
The Hating On Kobe is Stupid!

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2007, 11:46:32 PM »

LMAO! You've got to be kidding, right? Have you been following this whole thing?

1.Keep Caron Butler
2.Retain Kareem Rush
3.Not draft Bynum (I'm against this request, but Phil originally didn't want it)
4.Keep Jumaine Jones
5.Sign Baron Davis
9.Sign Chris Webber

Those are just off the top of the head...But if you understood the situation, you'd know that Phil has had no say in the player personnel since he returned to the Lakers. Same with Kobe...And then you wonder why they're mad. :-\

I don't give a fuck about what Kobe thinks, honestly. I have my own brain, and i think by myself. About the possible trades..

3. You wanted Lakers to trade Bynum.
4. I was the one sorry when we traded him. You was happy.
6. You didn't want to trade Odom for Boozer.
7. You didn't want to trade Odom for Artest, if i remember it.
8. The Nets wanted Bynum in return. You was clearly against it.
9. You was against it, if i remember it.
10. Too generic.

So wassup with that? Mitch is a moron, uh?

I'd trade Odom for him in a fucking second.

Woah...If we wont trade Odom for KG, what makes you think we'll do it for Boozer? Boozer on the Lakers wont make us all of a sudden great. We have enough problems at the point guard position, we don't wanna give away our primary distibutor.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 11:49:05 PM by Antonio »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #99 on: June 12, 2007, 10:40:08 AM »

1.Keep Caron Butler
2.Retain Kareem Rush
4.Keep Jumaine Jones
5.Sign Baron Davis
9.Sign Chris Webber

I don't give a fuck about what Kobe thinks, honestly. I have my own brain, and i think by myself. About the possible trades..

3. You wanted Lakers to trade Bynum.
4. I was the one sorry when we traded him. You was happy.
6. You didn't want to trade Odom for Boozer.
7. You didn't want to trade Odom for Artest, if i remember it.
8. The Nets wanted Bynum in return. You was clearly against it.
9. You was against it, if i remember it.
10. Too generic.

So wassup with that? Mitch is a moron, uh?

I'd trade Odom for him in a fucking second.

Woah...If we wont trade Odom for KG, what makes you think we'll do it for Boozer? Boozer on the Lakers wont make us all of a sudden great. We have enough problems at the point guard position, we don't wanna give away our primary distibutor.

AGAIN. Antonio, you speak out of ignorance WAY TOO MUCH.

I didn't want Butler traded, I even voiced displeasure on this board after it happened. But yea, we were desperate for a big, and I rolled with it after a while. Still, Phil Jackson and Kobe Bryant insisted Butler should stay. ESPECIALLY Kobe. Butler was Kobe's best friend on the team as well...

The deal for Boozer didn't include Odom!

Artest could have been had without Odom as well (Odom's salary doesn't match Artests). Management never made an attempt when Artest was on the table.

I'll give you the fact that I didn't want Kidd for Bynum.

I was never against signing Webber.

AND AGAIN, THE DEAL FOR BOOZER (WHICH WE BACKED OUT OF) DIDN'T INCLUDE ODOM.

What are you arguing? ::)