Author Topic: Dr Dre Westcoast Work  (Read 993 times)

XaNdEr

Re: Dr Dre Westcoast Work
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2007, 12:10:20 AM »
Props to both. I know there's truth in your words Tanj but i just think it is hipocrit to help create a musicstyle and later on say you want nothing to do with it anymore. Doesn't mae snese you know, i understand Dre wanna move on to other things but you know, you can't deny your own work as producer...

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2007, 12:34:13 AM »
Props to both. I know there's truth in your words Tanj but i just think it is hipocrit to help create a musicstyle and later on say you want nothing to do with it anymore. Doesn't mae snese you know, i understand Dre wanna move on to other things but you know, you can't deny your own work as producer...

he'd be down with gangsta rap if it was still being twisted and flipped in a creative/cool way but listen to even the best gangsta rappers and what they're doing is tired.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

XaNdEr

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2007, 12:42:38 AM »
Treu i'm getting tired of the same old things from the Wes, that's why i'm digging the South at this point, i mean their beats and lyrics just fit perfectly together, bangin' beats, simple lyrics, i love it.

And to the cats who say the south ain't lyrical listen to some Lil' Wayne, Young Jeezy or Bun B, the way Bun flows on a beat is fuckin' out of this world, he stands apart from most of the other rappers.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2007, 12:47:20 AM »
you got your scarfaces and outkasts, but most south shit I hear I don't like. but that's cool

I been listening to Michael Jackson, Roger Troutman and Bob Dylan lately

-T

westcoastavengers.com

XaNdEr

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2007, 12:50:45 AM »
Yeah i remember when i used to like MJ's music, nowadays i'm mainly into hiphop, but i'ma go download some MJ to see if i still like his music.  8)

And Outkast, man, they are really one of the best groups in hiphop, period. ATLiens is fuckin' classic.  8)

I never really listened to Scarface a lot, i liked his guestappearances but never really checked out a full album. What album is his best?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2007, 12:54:25 AM »
i have no face albums, I just know he and the Geto boyz are dope.

thriller and off the wall though as far as MJ man, that shit is chronic.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

XaNdEr

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2007, 01:06:02 AM »
Aight i'ma check these 2 albums of MJ. I know Thriller, listened to it alot when i was younger, dope album as far as i can tell, i think it'd be great to hear it again.

Nasty Nem

• 'G'
  • HOV
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2007, 03:28:40 AM »
anyone who hasn't heard either 'off the wall' or 'thriller' is either white or doesn't know music very well

pick one

and ya don't stop

XaNdEr

« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2007, 03:29:16 AM »
Or you're an asshole who thinks his opinion does matter.  :)

Nasty Nem

• 'G'
  • HOV
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2007, 03:31:13 AM »
Or you're an asshole who thinks his opinion does matter.  :)

i struck the white nerve it seems

and ya don't stop

MediumL

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2007, 12:08:27 PM »
How do you know black people today aint heard Thriller and Off The Wall. Infact i've only heard Thriller and songs from Off the Wall.

On another note, Scarface and Outkast >>>>>>>>> Rest of the south

Scarface's albums remind me of Pac in a way but he came before Pac. You got to listen to The Fix and Diary, they're both classic Southern albums
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2007, 01:18:57 PM »
anyone who hasn't heard either 'off the wall' or 'thriller' is either white or doesn't know music very well

pick one

everyone's heard songs from them, but hearing a whole album in context is something that not all people do all the time right away. you have to have an interest in an artist to do that most of the time,. also, this dude ain't in america, so while it was big, perhaps it wasn't as big around him.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

XaNdEr

« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2007, 11:04:20 PM »

pick one

everyone's heard songs from them, but hearing a whole album in context is something that not all people do all the time right away. you have to have an interest in an artist to do that most of the time,. also, this dude ain't in america, so while it was big, perhaps it wasn't as big around him.

-T

Yeah i'm from Holland but over here MJ was pretty big as well, but don't froget i'm 18 right now, and by the time Thriller came out i was maybe not even born (dunno the exact release date, i think it's in the 80's)

Anyways i used to have it on cassette and listened to it every now and then, i didn't hear Off The Wall though. But then again, i was way younger so i didn't know s much about music as right now.

So yeah, all Nasty Nem can say about me is that i'm "white" but then again, who says he isn't. Maybe he's white in secret too and that would make him the biggest wigger on this forum...

Anyways, +1 for your post T.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2007, 02:33:25 AM »
thriler dropped in 83. get is ASAP

off the wall from 79,  get that shit extra ASAP

impeccably produced funky ass records, dre himself couldn't have produced 'em better than quincy jones did here

-T

westcoastavengers.com

XaNdEr

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2007, 05:21:37 AM »
Aight i'ma go download them right now.  8)