Author Topic: checked out Nas last night  (Read 205 times)

ABN

checked out Nas last night
« on: June 06, 2007, 03:56:20 AM »
and he put on a great performance, i´ve never liked Nas when i´ve seen him live before but this time he killed. the show started out with some swedish dj that i´ve never heard of just spinning records. and he got the crowd started and did a good job. then it prolly took an hour or so then LES got up in the dj booth and started playin damn every classic hip hop song of all time(California Love,Eric B Is President,Juicy,Jump Around etc etc). then it was time for Nas, and he killed it from start to finish, i can´t remember  in which order he did the songs coz i was pretty drunk but he mixed up his new and old songs real well. only complaint is that he only did his weaker tracks of Hip Hop is dead. and it was great to see that he didn´t have a hypeman or nothing with him, just 2 turntables and a mic. the crowds response to One Mic and Made You Look is the craziest shit i´ve ever heard at a concernt and this venue only take about 1500 people. i´ll get my new computer in a week or 2 and i´ll try to put up some pics and then. but if y´all get a chance to check him out then do it coz he´s a much better performer then he was a few years ago.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Re: checked out Nas last night
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 04:04:19 AM »
Good to hear that he has improved. An hour-long wait before the warm-up DJ and LES coming up is a long time though. I fucking hate it when that happens. That's what I call unprofessionalism in my book...

Thanks for the review!

ABN

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 04:08:58 AM »
Good to hear that he has improved. An hour-long wait before the warm-up DJ and LES coming up is a long time though. I fucking hate it when that happens. That's what I call unprofessionalism in my book...

Thanks for the review!
it was aiight coz he was only 30 minutes after schedule and that´s not a lot. but the reason for for the wait is that Nas wasn´t gonna play in Gothenburg to begin with so they hadn´t booked any opening acts. he was just scheduled to play in Stockholm but the tickets sold like pancakes so they decided to do another show in Sweden. and Nas did play for 2 hours non-stop so i can´t complain, shook hands with Nas a couple of times and got a towel from LES so it was dope.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 04:20:11 AM »
That's cool. Good to hear you had a great time.

i B 2 QUIK 2 c

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 06:23:59 AM »
i saw him in DC in March... it was nice to see him live

quick question... do u know the beat / song he did right before he ended the show with the chorus from "Ether"  ??? ... i think it was "Live Nigga Rap" but the beat was just insane... i assume he puts on pretty much the same set at each show

peace

Lunatic

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 01:11:03 PM »
title of thread deserves a (no homo) lol ;)

i'm just playin, sounds cool dog
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 05:32:42 PM »
i will see him again at rock the bells

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 11:58:04 PM »
i also will see him at rock the bells, this shit has me excited as fuck. damn, i'm excited as fuck. i already have my tickets, i just need to make sure i have like 10 blunts.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 12:31:51 AM »
Nas a monster.i thought yall knew that. :o

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2007, 01:21:51 AM »
Nice, sounds like it was a dope show. Would love to seee Nas live hope i someday get the chance