Poll

As of now, how do you feel?

I really don't care if it comes out at this point...we need to shift our attention to something else
5 (12.2%)
I am still depending on it to "save" the West Coast
5 (12.2%)
If it's not going to be classic, I'd prefer it doesn't come out, and hopefully we still get to hear a few tracks
3 (7.3%)
I never really looked forward to it
3 (7.3%)
It is going to come out, and it will definitely be worth the wait when it does!
11 (26.8%)
If it drops, it drops, and I'll get it...but I am no longer excited about it
10 (24.4%)
If it doesn't drop by Summer 2008...I officially don't give a damn about it
3 (7.3%)
If it drops or not....we need to all forget about it, and stop talking about it, because we are just wasting energy that we could focus on other artists
1 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: DAMN!!! PLEASE, not another Detox thread!!! Part 23,405.5  (Read 361 times)

XaNdEr

Re: DAMN!!! PLEASE, not another Detox thread!!! Part 23,405.5
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2007, 09:05:45 AM »
No ofcourse not, that's why it's called Westcoast Connection, nothing to do with (westcoats) hiphop, you're right i'm really sorry.

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 09:08:56 AM »
I think the album has been hyped so much that at this point, it's hard to say whether or not I'm still excited about it. For now, I'm just hoping to hear his beats on upcoming projects and Bishop's record IF that ever sees the light of day.

wcsoldier

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2007, 09:09:46 AM »
^^^^ lol; I thought you were mentioning "leave the forum" as the whole thing , not just the WC one... anyway I don't think I'm the worst poster here and write the same shit a thousand of times.. so still no need to leave...

XaNdEr

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2007, 09:13:39 AM »
You hate on current hiphop cause it is the same? Come on man ain't nothing new under the sun just like Nas said, even Dre used mad amounts of samples and shit to make an album like The Chronic so you can't say it's 100% new either.

Read the Bun B interview (the part of it, which Nima posted) in the Outbound section and think about it. The market is oversaturated, too many albums and mixtapes already been made and now nothing can be fully original or creative anymore, that's to be expected. But to say current hiphop sucks....no maybe compared to the past but if (for example) and album like Buck The World or Digital Smoke came out in '93 everyone would say it's classics right now.

The problem is we have heard it all before, but that doesn't mean it's necessarily bad quality, these are 2 different things.

wcsoldier

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2007, 09:27:15 AM »
You hate on current hiphop cause it is the same? Come on man ain't nothing new under the sun just like Nas said, even Dre used mad amounts of samples and shit to make an album like The Chronic so you can't say it's 100% new either.

Read the Bun B interview (the part of it, which Nima posted) in the Outbound section and think about it. The market is oversaturated, too many albums and mixtapes already been made and now nothing can be fully original or creative anymore, that's to be expected. But to say current hiphop sucks....no maybe compared to the past but if (for example) and album like Buck The World or Digital Smoke came out in '93 everyone would say it's classics right now.

The problem is we have heard it all before, but that doesn't mean it's necessarily bad quality, these are 2 different things.
I think there are too many wack albums which overshadow the quality ones... I enjoy Buck album , Digital Smoke too.. I think every kind of music needs to reinvent itself, I mean you heard something and said "oh shit that's crazy.. I just haven't had this feelin for a long time.. I know dope music isn't easy to make but let's be real, even the quality rappers sometimes aren't focused and don't try to bring their best effort, money ruins a lot of things and it ruined most of the hip hop scene too... unlike some views , I don't think current rappers are weaker than the old ones.. a lot just see hip hop as a mean to make dough , instead of being hungry and respecting the art. Though if I were in the same position, I'd probably do the same thing... props for arguing and not being childhish

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2007, 09:31:10 AM »
i voted: It is going to come out, and it will definitely be worth the wait when it does!

Same here! Im 100% certain that wen it drops it will b a classic!
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2007, 03:58:44 PM »
i voted: It is going to come out, and it will definitely be worth the wait when it does!

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2007, 04:20:18 PM »
If it drops, it drops, and I'll get it...but I am no longer excited about it

:-\

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2007, 01:20:25 AM »
I was never really ever anticpating this album cause it aint oviously gon be like him in his classic days and all his new shit sucks big time, he should just stick to making beats!

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2007, 01:35:09 AM »
I think the poll should be "Which album will drop first: Detox or B.O.S.S." :D