Author Topic: I was thinking, Did Dre and Warren have a close relationship?  (Read 863 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Re: I was thinking, Did Dre and Warren have a close relationship?
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2007, 02:48:42 AM »
As far as their styles go....in the early 90's, Warren's style basically did with 80's music what Dre did with 70's. Dre did flip some 80's and Warren flipped a few from the 70's, but most of the tracks were from the 80's, such as how he flipped Curious for This DJ and Michael McDonald for Regulate.

I assume that they had to be close at least back then....remember Warren is the one who put Snoop on with em, even tho Dre kept blowin him off as "my lil brother's homie" until Warren popped in their song at a party Dre was at. And even then, they would always be linked closely between projects. Musically, the last thing I heard from them together is Game don't wait, that I can think of off hand.

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2007, 03:20:53 AM »
^ The last thing they did together, and which was actually released, is 'Lookin' At You'.

By the way, Warren and Dre are step-brothers, not half-brothers.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

XaNdEr

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2007, 03:34:28 AM »
Yeah that was around 2002, maybe through Bishop they get together again on a artistic level, i'm not interested in their personal lives, they do whatever they want i just wanna hear some dop new Warren G and Dr. Dre shit.  8)

therealtran

• 'G'
  • University of Michigan
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2007, 11:18:31 AM »
do any of you guys know how much money warren makes? i'm just curious because regulate had to make him a ton of money and i know he still collects money from that album but since his career started declining i wonder if he ever went broke or how he's living now, like if he kind of has to hustle to make some good money.

Inside Death Row

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2007, 11:52:16 AM »
he's probably pretty comfortable if not mega status. don't forget he produced some pac shit which always sells. collecting residuals, those speaker things he did, etc. dude hustles one way or the other.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram