Author Topic: Who owns L.A.?  (Read 2611 times)

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
Re: Who owns L.A.?
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2007, 11:19:51 AM »
Sorry to shift subjects here, but...where the FUCK did those annoying Golden State fans go? I haven't heard shiet about the Warriors being the best team, B.Davis being the real MVP, Matt Barnes being most improved, etc since Utah took care of them.
Jat and Sanford still rep...but it seems there was wayyyy more

8)

yep.  as soon as the free agency starts shifting shit around, you know me and jat gonna lay our oppinions on the Warriors and thier future.  i just havnt said anything because there are no topics related to the Warriors and i dont think there is a big enough commontion about them to start one...  but we are here.   8)

plenty of time left until b-ball season starts up im sure the W's will make a move or 2.
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

rik

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2007, 11:27:20 AM »
^It's not even up for debate, you see more Laker fans because this is way more of a Laker town, not because of where you live...This is the first time I've ever heard someone claim LA a Dodger town...I'm sure it belonged to the Dodgers when baseball was bigger, and they've been here longer, so that's their main claim...but nowadays, who can deny that Lakers are 1000 times bigger in LA?

Dog the Dodger sell out a hell of a lot, they're among the top three in most sell out in the MLB every year. They just set a record for most sell outs. So do the math they sell out almost every game and play twice as many games as the Lakers. And they haven't won shit in a while. And you're saying it's not even up for debate. You're trippin.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2007, 11:30:57 AM »
^It's not even up for debate, you see more Laker fans because this is way more of a Laker town, not because of where you live...This is the first time I've ever heard someone claim LA a Dodger town...I'm sure it belonged to the Dodgers when baseball was bigger, and they've been here longer, so that's their main claim...but nowadays, who can deny that Lakers are 1000 times bigger in LA?

Dog the Dodger sell out a hell of a lot, they're among the top three in most sell out in the MLB every year. They just set a record for most sell outs. So do the math they sell out almost every game and play twice as many games as the Lakers. And they haven't won shit in a while. And you're saying it's not even up for debate. You're trippin.

LOL! Lakers sell out EVERY SINGLE HOME GAME ANNDDDD EVERY SINGLE ROAD GAME....And basketball tickets are wayyyy more expensive than baseball tickets... Don't you ever listen to sports radio? Watch sport programs? Read the sports section of LA Times?...Lakers are     _CLEARLY_      much bigger than the Dodgers in this city...PeACe

rik

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2007, 11:47:08 AM »

LOL! Lakers sell out EVERY SINGLE HOME GAME ANNDDDD EVERY SINGLE ROAD GAME....And basketball tickets are wayyyy more expensive than baseball tickets... Don't you ever listen to sports radio? Watch sport programs? Read the sports section of LA Times?...Lakers are     _CLEARLY_      much bigger than the Dodgers in this city...PeACe

Doesn't matter if they sell out road games cus the question is "who runs L.A?". Like I said, out of 81 home games the Dodgers sell out almost every one. That's without winning shit for the past 20 years. The Lakers tickets cost more cus they have less games and Staples Center holds less people than Dodger stadium. And you as well as anyone should know that there's a bunch of rich people that don't even watch basketball there. They just go cus of the Hollywood like atmosphere. 

Oh and you shouldn't believe everything the media says.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2007, 12:05:09 PM »
I always thought it was pretty even.  Since the Lakers were the latest team to have big success, it also doesn't hurt to have a legend playing in his prime either that's why they might get more coverage now.  It's most likely close to even though, it will definitely get crazy if the Dodgers go to the World Series.  Remember the Angels in 2002?  Well, picture that but 10x bigger. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2007, 03:16:56 PM »

Doesn't matter if they sell out road games cus the question is "who runs L.A?". Like I said, out of 81 home games the Dodgers sell out almost every one. That's without winning shit for the past 20 years. The Lakers tickets cost more cus they have less games and Staples Center holds less people than Dodger stadium. And you as well as anyone should know that there's a bunch of rich people that don't even watch basketball there. They just go cus of the Hollywood like atmosphere. 

Oh and you shouldn't believe everything the media says.

Dodgers sell out ALMOST every game. Lakers sell out EVERY game and get WAYYYYY more local coverage + basketball is a bigger sport in LA today (if you deny this, you're out of your mind)...You do the math.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2007, 11:27:20 PM »
^^far less seats in a b-ball stadium that baseball
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2007, 12:29:24 AM »
dodgers own LA, and the surrounding areas of LA....i'm sorry NIK but that is reality

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2007, 09:42:47 AM »
dodgers own LA, and the surrounding areas of LA....i'm sorry NIK but that is reality

LOL. I KNEW you were gunna come in here and say that... ::)

The Dodger fans come in here to try and claim it's equal (though it's unquestionably not)...Then Jake enters to say how it's a Dodger town. :laugh: How does that not surprise me?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2007, 07:49:53 PM »
dodgers> Lakers

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2007, 09:12:49 PM »
I can only speak for the IE, but the Lakers have always been bigger. Baseball was always split, but I rearly if ever saw a Clippers jersey well I saw ton of Shaq jerseys and now tons of white Kobes. It was always more Lakers than anyone else, as the Lakers were always unchallenged in basketball (I see more Clippers jerseys in MINNESOTA THAN CALIFORNIA) and the Dodgers have been fighting off the Angels, especially since 2002. I have never seen a Laker's game in person, mainly because the price, but that doesn't mean anything. I've seen tons of Dodger games, usually to see Barry Bonds, and I've seen tons of Angel games, to actually see the Angels, I saw the Raiders and Rams when they are in town, to root for the home teams but more so the Raiders, and I've even seen Clippers in person... which was for free and had PLENTY of open sets. Of seeing everyone to see in LA in person, including UCLA and USC... I never saw the Lakers and still say the Lakers run LA. The Staples Center is like a Laker temple, and there is no team in the suburbs challenging them in there sport, and the Lakers have won more titles for LA than anyother franchise.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2007, 11:42:27 AM »
dodgers> Lakers

Please take that Laker logo out your sig, bro...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2007, 11:43:49 AM »
I can only speak for the IE, but the Lakers have always been bigger. Baseball was always split, but I rearly if ever saw a Clippers jersey well I saw ton of Shaq jerseys and now tons of white Kobes. It was always more Lakers than anyone else, as the Lakers were always unchallenged in basketball (I see more Clippers jerseys in MINNESOTA THAN CALIFORNIA) and the Dodgers have been fighting off the Angels, especially since 2002. I have never seen a Laker's game in person, mainly because the price, but that doesn't mean anything. I've seen tons of Dodger games, usually to see Barry Bonds, and I've seen tons of Angel games, to actually see the Angels, I saw the Raiders and Rams when they are in town, to root for the home teams but more so the Raiders, and I've even seen Clippers in person... which was for free and had PLENTY of open sets. Of seeing everyone to see in LA in person, including UCLA and USC... I never saw the Lakers and still say the Lakers run LA. The Staples Center is like a Laker temple, and there is no team in the suburbs challenging them in there sport, and the Lakers have won more titles for LA than anyother franchise.

This isn't really up for debate...Only major Laker haters or HUGE Dodger fans will try to make it seem close.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2007, 04:57:42 PM »
dodgers> Lakers

Please take that Laker logo out your sig, bro...

why because i disagree with your opinion. i was talking about dodger>Lakers when it comes to running LA. total history lakers=dodgers

but i do mean this as far as  total history

Dallas Cowboys > Lakers 
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 04:59:35 PM by Don Jacob »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2007, 05:06:23 PM »
LMAO...You just HATE the Lakers, don't you? Admit it.