Author Topic: Hey Antonio, what u think of Delvechio and Donati?  (Read 85 times)

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

Hey Antonio, what u think of Delvechio and Donati?
« on: June 16, 2007, 10:45:29 PM »
Celtic are being linked with them. It aint the Delvecchio that used to play for Valencia and Roma is it?

The Maestro

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Hey Antonio, what u think of Delvechio and Donati?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 02:37:45 AM »
Celtic are being linked with them. It aint the Delvecchio that used to play for Valencia and Roma is it?

I don't think so. I think he retired. This one is probably the midfielder, Gennaro Delvecchio. He has always played in the Serie B, C1, C2. Til the 2005/06 season when he got acquired by Lecce in Serie A. He played pretty well there, scoring 4 goals. Then he moved to Sampdoria last year, and he has played pretty well there too, scoring 5 goals. He's nothing special, if you ask me. Donadoni selected him for the National Team a couple of times (i think he has played once, in a friendly), but to tell you the truth he ain't worth the National Team (it was just Donadoni being dumb).

Massimo Donati i know him better, since he's a product of the infamous Atalanta youth sector (the best in Italy with the Juventus one). He was a very promising player (he won the European Championship with the Italian U21). Milan bought him in 2001, and from that year they continue to give him in loan to other minor clubs. He's a pretty good defensive midfielder, who didn't have the career i was expecting him to have.

Talking about a move to Celtic, i dunno. I don't know your team very well, and i don't know what your team needs. Donati is a player who could play just in the middle of the midfield, you know. Trying to make order, sharing the ball and defending the position. Gennaro Delvecchio is more offensive, and he can play on the wings too, if necessary. He doesn't have a soft touch of the ball at all (he ain't a number 10), but he has a good timing entering the opposition's area, and he's good in headers, plus he has good stamina.

They're not superstars (they spent most of their careers in the minor leagues), but they could help your team.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 02:41:12 AM by Antonio »

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 06:16:26 PM »
Props m8.

Donati sounds promising, we do need a player like that although to be honest i would prefer a bigger name (Appiah and Darren Fletcher have also been linked).

do you remember a player called Enrico Annoni? Just im pretty sure he was plucked from obscurity in italy and turned in2 a fantastic signing. He used to wear one black boot and one white one. lol I remember one Celtic Vs Rangers game where he copletely marked Brian Laudrup out of the game though. And Di Canio was a legend for us as well, always playing for the jersey and with such passion. Hopefully the trend of succesful Italians continues.

Oh yeh Antonio, Del Piero was spotted in Glasgow last week, you heard any rumours?

*Edit* Shit i just found out that Milan payed Atlanta £10 Million for Donati, they must have ssen something in him.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 11:14:00 PM by Dipset Consigliori »

The Maestro

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 11:41:38 PM »
Props m8.

Donati sounds promising, we do need a player like that although to be honest i would prefer a bigger name (Appiah and Darren Fletcher have also been linked).

It depends from what type of player do your team need, homie. Appiah is not a defensive midfielder like Donati. He's a playmaker (like Zidane). I tell you that cause my team (Juventus) made a mistake acquiring him to play as a defensive mid, and it didn't work out. He's a classic playmaker, he plays in that position in his National team and he's playing (pretty well) in that position in Turkey too. He's a pretty good player tho, but you guys already have Nakamura, don't you?

do you remember a player called Enrico Annoni? Just im pretty sure he was plucked from obscurity in italy and turned in2 a fantastic signing. He used to wear one black boot and one white one. lol I remember one Celtic Vs Rangers game where he copletely marked Brian Laudrup out of the game though. And Di Canio was a legend for us as well, always playing for the jersey and with such passion. Hopefully the trend of succesful Italians continues.

Yeah, a lot of players who failed/didn't impress here made great things there. Annoni, Di Canio, Gattuso (yeah, he was nobody in Italy til he went to Milan: nobody knew him), Lorenzo Amoruso, Nakamura... there's a pretty big list. So hopefully for your team it could happen again with Delvecchio and Donati.

Oh yeh Antonio, Del Piero was spotted in Glasgow last week, you heard any rumours?

He's staying in Juventus 101%, if that's what you wanted to know.

*Edit* Shit i just found out that Milan payed Atlanta £10 Million for Donati, they must have ssen something in him.

Yeah, like i said he was a very promising player back in the days. This year he has played in Naples, in Serie B. As a starter.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 11:43:32 PM by Antonio »