Author Topic: Lol damn Jordan was an asshole  (Read 1920 times)

GangstaBoogy

Lol damn Jordan was an asshole
« on: June 18, 2007, 07:53:59 PM »
Just saw this one another forums. I've heard people say MJ was a dickhead with his teammates but early M.J. was before my time so this is fairly new to me...

"I'll let them stand up and take responsibility for themselves."

"They've got no idea what it's all about. The white guys, they work hard, but they don't have the talent. And the rest of them? Who knows what to expect? They're not good for much of anything."

"We have to do some things. We need to make some changes."

"...I call them 'the Looney Tunes.' Physically, they were the best. Mentally, they weren't even close."

"He's scared. He's got no heart...Nobody told me that. If I had spoken up, he wouldn't have been here."

"I know I can recognize what to do, but I'm not sure they can."

"It's a hell of a lot easier to make Earl Monroe look good than it is Brad Sellers."

"I hope there's a jumpshot in there." - Michael to Stacey King who was walking into the locker room with a box

"They don't need a ticket to watch you sitting on the bench. They can go to your house for that." - Michael to Charles Davis who was sorting through his tickets for his family and friends

"Give me the ******* ball." - Michael to Doug Collins who drew up a play for Dave Corzine

"I hate when I have to read that in the papers the next day, that I couldn't do something. It wasn't my fault."

"You're an idiot. You've screwed up every play we ever ran. You're too stupid to even remember the plays. We ought to get rid of you." - Michael to Horace Grant

"I hate being out there with those garbagemen. They don't get you the ball."

"If you [pass the ball to Bill Cartwright], you'll never get the ball from me."

"We're not winning because of talent. We're just beating bad teams."

"Headache tonight, Scottie?" - Michael asks Scottie, while showing him his 2-for-16 line

"It's probably a twelve-day. He needs two days to wake up." - Michael on a ten-day contract teammate

"Five more years and I'm out of here. I'm marking these days on a calendar, like I'm in jail. I'm tired of being used by this organization, by the league, by the writers, by everyone."

"They're not interested in winning. They just want to sell tickets, which they can do because of me. They won't make any deals to make us better. And this Kukoc thing. I hate that. They're spending all their time chasing this guy."

"If I were a general manager, we'd be a better team."

"He can't do anything with the ball. Don't give it to him." - Michael yelling at Paxson who passed the ball to Perdue

"We're beating a lot of poor teams. So what? We won a lot of games last year, too. Will Horace and Bill still be playing at this level in the playoffs...Can Pip keep it up?"

"I know what's gonna happen. We'll wait until the last minute and then they'll say something like they couldn't get a deal done because of the cap or somebody pulled out at the last minute. It happens here all the time. I don't know why I'm surprised every year."

"You ever hear of a guy, six-eleven maybe and two hundred sixty pounds, a guy big and fat like that and he can't get but two rebounds, if that many, running all over the damn court and he gets two rebounds? Big guy like that and he gets one rebound. Can't even stick his ass into people and get more than that...Big, fat, fat guy. One rebound in three games. Power forward. Maybe they should call it powerless forward." - Michael ripping Stacey King a new one

"He was scared in there and panicking. He just lost it when Stockton scored." - Michael on B.J. Armstrong's mental fragility

"Will Vanderbilt. He doesn't deserve to be named after a Big Ten school." - Michael on Will Perdue

"I want to prove the critics wrong...I want to see some serious moves from management, which I really haven't seen that much of yet, and I want to see more serious attitudes from my teammates this year when it comes to the playoffs. In the past, it's been more or less a joking thing, sort of a 'Well, we're here, so let's have a good time.'"

"I'm sure everything will be fine if we win, but if we start losing, I'm shooting."

"I know what I would do if I were coach. I'd determine our strengths and weaknesses and utilize them. And it's pretty clear what our strength is."

"Your boy doesn't want to play. I'm tired of bailing his ass out." - Michael yelling at Jim Cleamons about Dennis Hopson

"I don't know about trading a 24 year-old guy for a 34 year-old guy." - Michael questioning the Oakley trade

"He's causing me too many turnovers." - Michael on Cartwright's inability to catch

"Why the hell don't you ever set a pick like that in a game?" - Michael yelling at Perdue after also hitting Perdue upside his head (led to the institution of the private curtain for practices)
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Re: Lol damn Jordan was an asshole
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 08:24:46 PM »
on the real, a lot of those quotes look made up. mj really was a dick a lotta times tho

teecee

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 08:41:25 PM »
Not sure if all the quotes are legit, but some of them definitely are, especially the ones about Cartwirght, as Jordan was pissed that they traded a young Oakley, his best friend at the time, for an aging Cartwright.

Jordan was an asshole, no doubt about it.  One quote I will always remember is from Jordan to Bill WEnnington after one of the Bulls title wins:

"What the fuck are you crying for?  I'm the one who won it for us!" 

To me, that quote kills anything you posted, that shit is ruthless. 

Still, Jordan is by far the best player ever.  I don't pretend to know players like NIK does, i just like players based on their play on the court, and Jordan was SICK. plus his first title run is what got me into bball, kinda like the Chronic got me into hiphop!

teecee

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 08:43:38 PM »
And for the record, some of those quotes ARE fake, and likely made up by some Kobe fan trying to defend Kobe by showing that Jordan was an asshole too, so its alright for Kobe to be one as well.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 09:01:02 PM »
^ you might be right. I found those quotes on lakersground.net in a thread pretty much about what you said.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

thisoneguy360

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 10:59:02 PM »
Alot of those look fake, but he did have his share of dickhead moments

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 11:31:05 PM »
its a known fact that jordan was an asshole. i dont know if u guys remember but when Mj was making his return to the wizards the first time something popped off with him and artest during a pickup game. the end result was jordan gettin hurt and delaying his return my about a month if i remember correctly
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 06:00:59 AM »
haha, i had a good laugh
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 06:20:52 AM »
lmao, didn't know kobe fans had such good humor
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 06:52:00 AM »
remember when it was said  jordan punched kerr in the face?

teecee

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007, 07:59:52 AM »
its a known fact that jordan was an asshole. i dont know if u guys remember but when Mj was making his return to the wizards the first time something popped off with him and artest during a pickup game. the end result was jordan gettin hurt and delaying his return my about a month if i remember correctly

Actually, Artest was d-ing up Jordan and caught him with an unintentional elbow to the ribs.  Nobody is stupid enough to intentionally try to hurt MJ in a pickup game, not even Artest. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 10:03:15 AM »
LMFAO@all these Jordan dicklickers thinking these quotes are fake.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 10:08:39 AM »
Anyways, anyone who knows shit about basketball will understand that Jordan was a FIERCE competitor who was known as an asshole with a crazy edge by those close to him...I don't expect most of the people on this board to understand this (especially seeing as most of you didn't even watch basketball at the time), but no, Jordan was never the guy he was painted out to be by the media...The fact that some of the people here think these quotes are fake show me how much they really "know" about Jordan...And the funny thing is, these are the same people who criticize Kobe for being an "asshole" and a "bad teammate"...LMFAO.

Some more famous MJ quotes:

"I know they're into this de-Michaelization, so I've just got to get mine now."

"Wait until he gets an elbow in the face from Laimbeer. He won't be going to the basket again. I know he looks good, but that's against college players. He has no idea what the NBA is all about." - Michael on Kukoc

"How am I supposed to be the principal ball deliverer and the main scorer?"

"I thought of myself first, the team second. I always wanted my teams to be successful. But I wanted to be the main cause."

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 10:11:15 AM »
And for all you clueless fucks, all those quotes are in the book "The Jordan Rules" by Sam Smith...

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2007, 10:56:45 AM »
LMAO