Author Topic: For those of you who like to compare Kobe and Jordan, check it!  (Read 2098 times)

Citizen-Y

Re: For those of you who like to compare Kobe and Jordan, check it!
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2007, 07:28:22 AM »
I'ma keep it 100...

Take Shaq off those championship Lakers teams: they're an elite team that can make it as far as the WCFs, maybe the finals, but still - no championships.

Take Kobe off those championship Lakers teams: they're an elite team that can make it as far as the WCFs, maybe the finals, but still - no championships.

They needed each other. They complemented each other so well. Still sad to see how things played out.

Those Laker teams posted losing records when Shaq was hurt.  Without Shaq they were a completely different team.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2007, 07:38:05 AM »
lol it is so sick how most laker-fans nowadays discredit shaq. if only I could use a time machine and teleport to your asses to see what you said 5-7 years ago. damn, that would be great entertainment.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

SGV

« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2007, 08:02:10 AM »

3 championship by the age of 28 and earning your stay at the top while being ignored by your organization > 1 championship by the age of 28, and having everything handed to you by the organization.

Having 11 Years to accomplish all that <<<< Having 7 Years to accomplish all that.

When you're that damn good, you get things handed to you. But when you're only a second option, you get shit. Don't be mad at Jordan cuz he was good and Kobe wasn't when they got into the league.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2007, 08:20:38 AM »
2nd year: after a long injury, he had an un-human end of the season, and the Bulls reached the P.O. where he scored 63 against the Celtics, impressing Bird (who called him God).

too bad they lost that game  :nahnah2:

Jordan
3rd year: he scores 37,1 points per game. Unreal. 1st All-NBA Team. He reached the P.O. loosing to Bird's Celtics.

Kobe

2nd year: great individual year, but 1st round P.O. elimination after they were 3-1 against the Suns.

Lol those seasons were very similar. They dominated the league with their scoring but still lost in the first round. Why did you sugar coat Jordan's?

LOL@Antonio thinking he's not being obvious. :-X

he confirmed his current punkness with the comment bitching about his karma. :laugh:

I don't care, man. But the fact you're keep giving me a -1 karma means i was right.

teecee

« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2007, 08:46:35 AM »
Wow, I can't believe how Lakers fans discredit what Shaq did; Shaq with all his many flaws, was for a time the most dominant player in the game, and maybe the most dominant player ever.  He was the key, like Jordan was the key in Chicago.

It seems Laker fans are bitter about how Shaq left or something..........how else can you explain the remarks towards him, when dude brought them 3 chips.  If Kobe was on the same level as Shaq, why didn't he win even ONE Mvp?

Shaq in  his prime was a guy who was going to win a chip wherever he was, as long as he was surrounded by decent players. 

The same cannot be said for Kobe..........

PLANT

« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2007, 11:07:58 AM »
Even if Mr. Bean hasn't played as many games, he'll still not overtake Jordan in many of those statistics.

Jordan>>>>>>>>>>>Kobe. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2007, 12:00:03 PM »
Jordan

1st year: Rookie of the year. 3rd best scorer of the NBA, led the Bulls in steals. All-NBA 2nd Team. He reached the P.O. with a wack team who had the 3rd round draft pick the year before.
2nd year: after a long injury, he had an un-human end of the season, and the Bulls reached the P.O. where he scored 63 against the Celtics, impressing Bird (who called him God).
3rd year: he scores 37,1 points per game. Unreal. 1st All-NBA Team. He reached the P.O. loosing to Bird's Celtics.
4th year: Bulls acquire Pippen and Horace Grant. 1st 50+ wins season of his career. They reached the Eastern Conference Semifinals. 1st NBA MVP TITLE.

Kobe

1st year: no Playoffs.
2nd year: great individual year, but 1st round P.O. elimination after they were 3-1 against the Suns.
3rd year: great individual year, but 1st round P.O. elimination against the Suns (again)
4th year: demanded a trade.

LMFAO@thinking Jordan was anywhere near Kobe's current level in his first 3 years in the league. :-X

Man isn't that LMFAO too childish? Grew the fuck up and post like a man. That's my opinion, supported by stats and facts. If you dont agree, i really couldn't give a flying fuck.

So you think rookie Jordan up until his 4th year was better than the current Kobe in his prime? How is laughing at that childish? Do you realize how absurd that sounds? You didn't post "facts", you sugercoated Jordan's shit, and shitted all over Kobe, like Kobe haters usually do...LOL :-X

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2007, 12:03:53 PM »
lol it is so sick how most laker-fans nowadays discredit shaq. if only I could use a time machine and teleport to your asses to see what you said 5-7 years ago. damn, that would be great entertainment.

Actually, MANY analysts claimed Kobe carried Shaq through much of the 3peat, even back as it was happening, especially during the latter years...Shaq was a beast, and Kobe was considered the best all-around player on the planet. Shaq definitely did a great portion of the work, but so did Kobe. The dickheads discrediting Kobe and giving Shaq all the credit are the sick ones...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2007, 12:05:57 PM »

3 championship by the age of 28 and earning your stay at the top while being ignored by your organization > 1 championship by the age of 28, and having everything handed to you by the organization.

Having 11 Years to accomplish all that <<<< Having 7 Years to accomplish all that.

When you're that damn good, you get things handed to you. But when you're only a second option, you get shit. Don't be mad at Jordan cuz he was good and Kobe wasn't when they got into the league.

If Jordan was drafted by the Lakers in the same scenario, it would be the same story. Jordan had everything handed to him from day one, from the organization AND the league...PeACe

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2007, 02:10:32 PM »
Jordan

1st year: Rookie of the year. 3rd best scorer of the NBA, led the Bulls in steals. All-NBA 2nd Team. He reached the P.O. with a wack team who had the 3rd round draft pick the year before.
4th year: Bulls acquire Pippen and Horace Grant. 1st 50+ wins season of his career. They reached the Eastern Conference Semifinals. 1st NBA MVP TITLE.

Kobe

3rd year: great individual year, but 1st round P.O. elimination against the Suns (again)

LMFAO@thinking Jordan was anywhere near Kobe's current level in his first 3 years in the league. :-X

Man isn't that LMFAO too childish? Grew the fuck up and post like a man. That's my opinion, supported by stats and facts. If you dont agree, i really couldn't give a flying fuck.

So you think rookie Jordan up until his 4th year was better than the current Kobe in his prime? How is laughing at that childish? Do you realize how absurd that sounds? You didn't post "facts", you sugercoated Jordan's shit, and shitted all over Kobe, like Kobe haters usually do...LOL :-X

It's called "having an opinion". Keep calling other people "haters", i don't care. But imho that Jordan was at least as good as this Kobe, individually speaking. Rookie of the Year, All-Defensive team, All-NBA Team, All-Star Game, MVP throphy, being called "God" by Bird, 63 points against the Celtics in the Playoff... you're disrespecting Jordan, homie.

PLANT

« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2007, 03:11:16 PM »
Jordan is the GOAT, hands down.  There's no question.  It's not even debatable.  Anyone who thinks Kobe>>Jordan should pull their head out of their ass.  And anyone who thinks Kobe carried the Lakers to the championship while Shaq was around is just flat out retarded. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2007, 03:44:14 PM »
Jordan

Kobe

It's called "having an opinion". Keep calling other people "haters", i don't care. But imho that Jordan was at least as good as this Kobe, individually speaking. Rookie of the Year, All-Defensive team, All-NBA Team, All-Star Game, MVP throphy, being called "God" by Bird, 63 points against the Celtics in the Playoff... you're disrespecting Jordan, homie.

Dude, have you even watched Jordan of 1984-1987 play? Have you watched tapes? He was nowhere near his prime then, despite the numbers, dude had WAY LESS than the current Kobe in his arsenal at that time...The point is, he was in a situation very similar to Kobe's, being the main talent on his team and scoring a bunch of points, but still losing. HE EVEN LOST THAT 63 POINT GAME YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. AND YOU CHOSE TO MAKE IT SEEM AS IF JORDAN'S FIRST THREE YEARS AS A LEADER WAS SOMEHOW GREAT, WHILE KOBE'S WAS PURE SHIT...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2007, 03:45:21 PM »
Jordan is the GOAT, hands down.  There's no question.  It's not even debatable.  Anyone who thinks Kobe>>Jordan should pull their head out of their ass.  And anyone who thinks Kobe carried the Lakers to the championship while Shaq was around is just flat out retarded. 

LOL@acting like you've ever watched Jordan play or the Lakers during the 3peat.

PLANT

« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2007, 03:52:50 PM »

Ive watched more basketball than you have.  All you do is watch the Laker games and ride nuts.  I doubt you were even old enough to remember Jordan while he winning his first title against LA.  Just sit back and know your role buddy, and try and keep the nuts out of your mouth.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2007, 03:57:36 PM »

Ive watched more basketball than you have.  All you do is watch the Laker games and ride nuts.  I doubt you were even old enough to remember Jordan while he winning his first title against LA.  Just sit back and know your role buddy, and try and keep the nuts out of your mouth.

Aren't you the same age as me, pussy? And if you've really watched as much basketball as you claim, then you must be retarded. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you just don't watch...