Author Topic: Copa America  (Read 1644 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Copa America
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2007, 11:39:33 AM »
argentina >>> this version of brazil
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2007, 11:44:58 AM »
argentina >>> this version of brazil

Argentina >>> Any version of Brazil under Dunga

rik

« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2007, 11:47:26 AM »
My heart is still broken.

Sparegeez

« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2007, 11:48:43 AM »
It was sad watching them lose but it was pretty fucking funny watching my cousin cry his tears out. "Pinche Oswaldo! Pinche Argetines!" -Priceless.

rik

« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2007, 11:54:53 AM »
This game showed why Hugo Sanchez is a whack ass coach.  Under the previous coach, Argentina managed to score 3 goals in 330 minutes vs Mexico.  In just 90 minutes, thanks to the defensive scheme of Hugo Sanchez Argentina was able to score the same amount. 

La Volpe is gone and he's not coming back. Time to move on.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2007, 12:02:31 PM »
This game showed why Hugo Sanchez is a whack ass coach.  Under the previous coach, Argentina managed to score 3 goals in 330 minutes vs Mexico.  In just 90 minutes, thanks to the defensive scheme of Hugo Sanchez Argentina was able to score the same amount. 

So what?  I can't analyze or what?  This is why Mexico doesn't advance in soccer, they have the mindset that all you need to do to succeed is play with heart and balls.  It's no coincidence that Scolari's teams are always either in or very near the Final in every major tournament.  It's not coincidence that Lippi took Italy all the way to the Cup.  Talent alone doesn't win you shit either, look at last year's Brazil.  And by the way, LaVolpe CAN come back.  Especially if Marquez speaks up, the majority of the players that are on the team were actually brought under LaVolpe.  The players can get what they want, especially if they keep on getting disrespected by Hugo Sanchez.  Just yesterday he bitched about how the fact that they lost to ARgentina because they only have two players playing in Europe.  What a fucking moron...how many players does Ecuador, Paraguay have in Europe?  More than two, yet we managed to beat them.  What a fucking lame ass excuse, this mother fucker thinks the fans are morons. 

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2007, 12:11:22 PM »
Argentina simply deserves to win both the Copa America and the U-20 World Championship.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2007, 12:22:21 PM »
I don't know about the U-20, a lot of teams are playing good.  Spain, U.S, Nigeria, Zambia, Mexico, and Chile. 

rik

« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2007, 12:29:07 PM »

So what?  I can't analyze or what?  This is why Mexico doesn't advance in soccer, they have the mindset that all you need to do to succeed is play with heart and balls.  It's no coincidence that Scolari's teams are always either in or very near the Final in every major tournament.  It's not coincidence that Lippi took Italy all the way to the Cup.  Talent alone doesn't win you shit either, look at last year's Brazil.  And by the way, LaVolpe CAN come back.  Especially if Marquez speaks up, the majority of the players that are on the team were actually brought under LaVolpe.  The players can get what they want, especially if they keep on getting disrespected by Hugo Sanchez.  Just yesterday he bitched about how the fact that they lost to ARgentina because they only have two players playing in Europe.  What a fucking moron...how many players does Ecuador, Paraguay have in Europe?  More than two, yet we managed to beat them.  What a fucking lame ass excuse, this mother fucker thinks the fans are morons. 

I never said you couldn't analyze, you just sound really bitter. Saying how bad Hugo is isn't goin to change anything.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2007, 12:54:09 PM »
Of course I'm bitter.  Mexico has the most talented pool of players in their history of soccer today, yet we're stuck with Hugo.  We finally reach a great talent level with the players but are now just stuck with this guy.  I don't see how you can't be bitter. 

rik

« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2007, 01:30:15 PM »
Of course I'm bitter.  Mexico has the most talented pool of players in their history of soccer today, yet we're stuck with Hugo.  We finally reach a great talent level with the players but are now just stuck with this guy.  I don't see how you can't be bitter. 

I am bitter.Mexico was making strides and getting props from people. I just try to stay positive. Positive things happen to positive thinkers.

rik

« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2007, 01:33:13 PM »
Also it's not like we played horrible in the tournament. Mexico was doing good up to last night. Last night was the first game we lost the whole tourney.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2007, 01:35:37 PM »
Luck and Nery Castillo is what was helping this team.  There was very little teamwork in the entire tournament, a team can't depend on a single player. 

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2007, 01:36:49 PM »

I am bitter.Mexico was making strides and getting props from people. I just try to stay positive. Positive things happen to positive thinkers.

That's just corny man.  You think if Phil Jackson would use little strategy and say "let's just be positive" he would have survived in the NBA?  No fucking way. 

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2007, 03:05:35 PM »

This is why Mexico doesn't advance in soccer, they have the mindset that all you need to do to succeed is play with heart and balls.  

thats what a lot of english coaches think as well, stuart pearce is an example of that.

messi's goal was amazing, looking forward to the final

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson