Author Topic: Lakers and Wolves discussing 4 team trade that would send KG to Lakers!  (Read 1686 times)

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
As an educated sports fan i dont see this deal happening

If it does (I really hope it goes down) you're probably gonna lose that bet with NIK.
im not too concerned about that
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

GangstaBoogy

The owners of the Los Angeles Lakers and Minnesota Timberwolves have begun talks for a trade that would involve sending Kevin Garnett to the Lakers, NBA sources said Monday.

The talks turned into discussions about a four-way deal among the Lakers, Timberwolves, Indiana Pacers and Boston Celtics , in which the Lakers would have gotten Garnett. However, the deal broke down, reportedly because the Celtics did not like what they would have gotten, ending the four-way negotiations.

The Lakers are now back to direct two-team talks with the Timberwolves. However, sources say, Minnesota General Manager Kevin McHale wants young players and high draft choices and isn't keen on the Lakers' offer of Andrew Bynum, who is young (19), and Lamar Odom (27), who isn't.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
this could either equal  1999-2000  or 2003-2004 for us

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
The T-Wolves owner is making McHale do this deal. McHale had Garnett ready to go to Boston, with a deal that fucked the T-Wolves over. McHale is a biased, piece of shit GM. Living in MN, I can really see the genious of Jerry West. West was a man who knew how to deal, how to get pieces that work. Like getting Horry, knowing what he can bring, once he traded Eddie for Rice he knew he wasn't right so he slowed his role. McHale does dump deal after dump deal, and his REFUSING to talk to the Lakers. It's Buss talking to the T-Wolves owner, forcing McHale to talk to the Lakers. Buss has been in the game a long time, if McHale wouldn't do it, Buss will go over his head.

Look for this deal to go down, personally, I pray we keep Odom, Shit, give them Anybody but Odom. Odom and Garnett would be the killer forwards with Byrant, but you can't have everything. Mitch is against the wall on this one, McHale WOULDN'T trade Garnett to the Lakers. His been trying to get him on the Celtics. This is why McHale is one of the worst GMs in the NBA... period. If this deal goes off, expect it to be by the teams owners.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
A man can dream.

wcsoldier

Get Garnett.. whoever it takes

wcsoldier

By the way.. am I missin something or this 4 team trade was making perfect sense for the teams... Boston and LA got another all star, what both of their superstars want; Indiana got some young talent and Odom who can lead em in the weak East and Minnesota got another pick and clear cap space to build in the future... the fact Pierce wants it out if nothing happened, may re-bring this deal on the table

Now_Im_Not_Banned

^^Who was Boston getting in the deal? I don't even think that was disclosed...

rik

JO

rik

By the way.. am I missin something or this 4 team trade was making perfect sense for the teams... Boston and LA got another all star, what both of their superstars want; Indiana got some young talent and Odom who can lead em in the weak East and Minnesota got another pick and clear cap space to build in the future... the fact Pierce wants it out if nothing happened, may re-bring this deal on the table

Word is that they don't want to give up Al Jefferson.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
the problem wit this deal is that nobody wants to play in boston
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

wcsoldier

^^^^ teams need to stop to expect to upgrade their level  based on the potential of some young players

Now_Im_Not_Banned

JO

I thought Minnesota was getting JO? The deal is pretty confusing...

rik

JO

Nah, Minnesota was getting Al Jefferson and a pick I believe.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

JO

Nah, Minnesota was getting Al Jefferson and a pick I believe.

Minnesota gets Al Jefferson and the 5th pick
Indiana gets Odom and Bynum
Celtics get Jermaine O'Neal and 19th pick
Lakers get Kevin Garnett

Looks like everyone wins in that deal.