Author Topic: Lakers and Wolves discussing 4 team trade that would send KG to Lakers!  (Read 1685 times)

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^^Who was Boston getting in the deal? I don't even think that was disclosed...

JO

I thought Minnesota was getting JO? The deal is pretty confusing...

Nah, Minnesota was getting Al Jefferson and a pick I believe.

Minnesota gets Al Jefferson and the 5th pick
Indiana gets Odom and Bynum
Celtics get Jermaine O'Neal and 19th pick
Lakers get Kevin Garnett

Looks like everyone wins in that deal.

Some A LOT more than others...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

JO

Lakers get Kevin Garnett

IMO, Indiana wins the most...Anyways, looks like the Mavs are in the runnings now.

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/newmainArticle.asp?id=170

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!

JO

Lakers get Kevin Garnett

IMO, Indiana wins the most...Anyways, looks like the Mavs are in the runnings now.

Naw, the Celts and the Lakers get the best part of the deal. Indiana gets a decent trade. And the Wolves get shafted. Along with Garnett, either one or two guards are going as well. Hudson and Jaric want out.

wcsoldier

JO

Lakers get Kevin Garnett

some writers are creative ....

Now_Im_Not_Banned

JO

Lakers get Kevin Garnett

Naw, the Celts and the Lakers get the best part of the deal. Indiana gets a decent trade. And the Wolves get shafted. Along with Garnett, either one or two guards are going as well. Hudson and Jaric want out.

The Celtics get the best deal? The Wolves get shafted? LOL...Al Jefferson IMO currently holds more value than Garnett alone. Dude played like a beast and is still only 21! On top of that, Minnesota is looking for 3 things. A top pick, cap relief, and a future superstar...THIS IS THE BEST THEY WILL GET! If they don't take an offer like this, Garnett walks for nothing, and Minnesota loses. Celtics honestly lose out in this deal, because IMO, Al Jefferson alone is worth more than JO...Jefferson broke out this year, and he will be an all-star in no time. Then consider that Boston is losing the 5th pick as well, and it's insane to say they're getting the best part of the deal...The only reason I think the Celtics should do that is to keep Pierce and try and win now in the weak ass eastern conference. Indiania and Minnesota get the best part of this deal if that goes down...PeACe

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!

JO

Lakers get Kevin Garnett

The Celtics get the best deal? The Wolves get shafted? LOL...Al Jefferson IMO currently holds more value than Garnett alone. Dude played like a beast and is still only 21! On top of that, Minnesota is looking for 3 things. A top pick, cap relief, and a future superstar...THIS IS THE BEST THEY WILL GET! If they don't take an offer like this, Garnett walks for nothing, and Minnesota loses. Celtics honestly lose out in this deal, because IMO, Al Jefferson alone is worth more than JO...Jefferson broke out this year, and he will be an all-star in no time. Then consider that Boston is losing the 5th pick as well, and it's insane to say they're getting the best part of the deal...The only reason I think the Celtics should do that is to keep Pierce and try and win now in the weak ass eastern conference. Indiania and Minnesota get the best part of this deal if that goes down...PeACe

You said it yourself. The East is weak. Al Jefferson having a break out year really doesn't mean a whole lot on the West, especially if LA gets Garnett. Minnesota's entire team is made up of young guys. They don't need a future star, they need proven talent. For all we know, last year for Al Jefferson could have been a fluke. And another pick for the Wolves just mean they have to spend that much longer developing another young guy, who may or may not pan out. Without some sort of threat keeping Minnesota relevant, they could have all the cap space in the world, but free agent would want to sign and pretty much all of their bargaining chips for a high powered trade would be gone.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Honestly, all that he say she say 4 team bla bla bla trade talk is pissing me off. In the end nothing might get done, just like in february. Ok, not nothing, but not something nearly as big as this. GMs are too conservative.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

^^^^ a lot of GMs don't deserve to have a such important work in a NBA team.... don't want to take risk, keep young promising players (believing they will become all star soon by a miracle ) and their team keep sucking  :-X

Now_Im_Not_Banned

JO

Lakers get Kevin Garnett

You said it yourself. The East is weak. Al Jefferson having a break out year really doesn't mean a whole lot on the West, especially if LA gets Garnett. Minnesota's entire team is made up of young guys. They don't need a future star, they need proven talent. For all we know, last year for Al Jefferson could have been a fluke. And another pick for the Wolves just mean they have to spend that much longer developing another young guy, who may or may not pan out. Without some sort of threat keeping Minnesota relevant, they could have all the cap space in the world, but free agent would want to sign and pretty much all of their bargaining chips for a high powered trade would be gone.

I guess you don't get the point...Minnesota isn't winning now. They're not looking for an aged superstar that'll help them win games. They're looking for young talent, draft picks, and cap relief, becuase they're going with a future youth movement...I thought living in Minnesota, you'd be the first to know this. Al Jefferson isn't a fluke, I've followed him since he was drafted, dude has been nice, and now he's an all-star caliber player with endless future superstar potential. WOLVES WANT A TOP PICK. I'm not the one who said this, it's been written everywhere. If Minnesota doesn't take either Odom+Bynum+Kwame for Garnett+Jaric or All Jefferson+5th pick for Garnett, then they are flat out STUPID.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!

JO

Lakers get Kevin Garnett

I guess you don't get the point...Minnesota isn't winning now. They're not looking for an aged superstar that'll help them win games. They're looking for young talent, draft picks, and cap relief, becuase they're going with a future youth movement...I thought living in Minnesota, you'd be the first to know this. Al Jefferson isn't a fluke, I've followed him since he was drafted, dude has been nice, and now he's an all-star caliber player with endless future superstar potential. WOLVES WANT A TOP PICK. I'm not the one who said this, it's been written everywhere. If Minnesota doesn't take either Odom+Bynum+Kwame for Garnett+Jaric or All Jefferson+5th pick for Garnett, then they are flat out STUPID.

I didn't say they want some guy in his 30s looking for a long term deal then he's out. I'm talking about a mid 20s player who has the fundamentals down and doesn't make rookie mistakes. You don't have to tell me the Wolves want or need a top pick. I've been saying it all along too. With that in mind, they need someone who can at least pretend to know what they are doing on the court. They already have a whole team of young, inexperienced players. Adding a pick on top of that, and it's not really going to help a whole lot until everyone is developed.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

^Really? And who do you think you're gunna get like that for a 31 year old Garnett? Al Jefferson and Lamar Odom are both pretty established, and they are both all-star caliber players. Frankly, I'd want Odom+Bynum over Jefferson+5th pick any day of the week, but if you think you're gunna find some better deals than that, then your fantasies must come to an end...PeACe

GangstaBoogy

Trade talks that involved sending Minnesota star Kevin Garnett to the Los Angles Lakers have ended, sources within the organizations have told ProBasketballNews.com.

“It’s officially dead. (Timberwolves owner Glen) Taylor won’t allow it to happen,” one source said.

The deal was first reported by the Los Angeles Times as a possible four-team trade that also involved Indiana and Boston, in which the Lakers would have received Garnett. According to the Times, Lakers big men Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum would have been sent to Indiana, and Indiana forward Jermaine O’Neal would have gone to Boston. Minnesota would have received young players and draft picks.

The Times later reported that Boston backed out of the deal -- leaving the Lakers and Timberwolves to negotiate on their own. One scenario reported by the newspaper had the Lakers shipping Odom, Bynum and the No. 19 pick to Minnesota for Garnett.

The Boston Globe and other news sources have reported similar deals within the past 24 hours.

“All discussions have ended (between the Lakers and Timberwolves),” a second source told PBN.com. “There’s no deal.”

A third source would only say “it‘s very slim” when asked if there remained a possibility that Garnett could end up with the Lakers this off-season.

Taylor and Timberwolves vice-president of basketball operations Kevin McHale ended the talks with L.A. after determining the Lakers couldn’t offer enough in return, according to the sources. The Timberwolves are expected to continue seeking a deal for Garnett, and will likely focus their attention again on Boston and possibly Phoenix.

“It seems like they don’t want (Garnett) playing in the Western Conference, and that only makes sense,” the first source said.

Garnett is 31 years old and a 10-time All-Star. He has spent all 12 seasons in Minnesota, and averaged 22.4 points, 12.8 rebounds and 4.1 assists last year.

Garnett is owed $22 million next season and $23 million in 2008-09. His contract expires following the ‘08-09 season and he reportedly has requested an extension.

http://www.probasketballnews.com/pbnbrkng_062607.html  :-[
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
ESPN's Ric Bucher reported yesterday that even a deal that nets KG wouldn't change Kobe's "trade me" stance.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

ESPN's Ric Bucher reported yesterday that even a deal that nets KG wouldn't change Kobe's "trade me" stance.

LOL. Bucher reported the exact opposite

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=43962&start=0

And regardless, BUCHER IS FULL OF SHIT.

GangstaBoogy

Lol at that bitch. If Kobe is so upset cuz the fo won't bring in the right players to win now, then they brough in KEVIN GARNETT, do you really think he would still say 'so what trade me'.

Give us Garnett and bring in a decent PG that can shoot and play D (Luther Head?) and I guarantee Kobe stays.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"