Author Topic: Mark Cuban claims Don Nelson used insider information against the Mavs  (Read 218 times)

GangstaBoogy

:loser:

Regardless of whether Warriors coach Don Nelson returns to the sidelines next season, his fall schedule is likely to include a stop in court, where his arbitration suit against Mavericks owner Mark Cuban is taking on new dimensions.

According to a source with knowledge of the situation, Cuban filed a counterclaim against Nelson last month, contending that the former Mavs coach violated his non-compete clause by using insider information against Dallas during the playoffs.

The source also said that Cuban is seeking an injunction against Nelson working for Golden State, though the litigation has no bearing on Nelson's pending decision on coaching again or retiring.

Reached by phone this week, Nelson's lawyer, John O'Connor, would say only that the Cuban's claim was baseless, particularly the notion about inside information.

"I suppose if Don knows that (Dirk) Nowitzki likes to go to his right and not his left, that that is confidential information as far as Cuban is concerned," O'Connor said. "We disagree and think it's absurd."

Nelson originally filed arbitration papers over $6.6 million in deferred payments he believed he's owed from his contract with Ross Perot Jr., the former Mavs owner. When Nelson stepped down as the Mavericks coach in 2005, he agreed to stay on as a consultant.

"We will let the lawyers sort it out," Cuban said in an e-mail. "At least he admits he had a non-compete clause in his five-year consulting deal he signed."

I guess losing in the first round to an 8th seeded team who just barley made the playoffs can bring out the worst in a person.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

WC Iz Active

quit the bitchin cuban.  GS shitted all over the Mavs, they fuckin dominated Dallas. 

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
lmao fuckin cuban. what a jackass. id prolly be pissed also if i got my ass stomped the fuck out by the 8th seed after having one of the best regular seasons in basketball history. GSW hoops its a great time out
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
damn, cuban is a fucken beeeyatch all around.

GSW hoops its a great time out

lol

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Sparegeez

I never really had anything against dude. But this is fucking pathetic. I have lost all respect for him.

Citizen-Y

People are finding out what I have been saying for years.  Mark Cuban is a cunt.

Lunatic

wow what a bitch
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
LMFAO, if that's not the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. For one, he's probably richer than the Warriors, so why the hell would he "sue" them? And this claim itself is beyond terrible....I don't care if you give the other team your ENTIRE playbook, the one seed should never get beat by the 8 like that!!

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Cuban is the definition of looser.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!

That nigga was fat and cleaning the floor being broke when he was like 24. Now he's a billionaire with a family. I'd hardly call that a loser, get your facts straight.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG

That nigga was fat and cleaning the floor being broke when he was like 24. Now he's a billionaire with a family. I'd hardly call that a loser, get your facts straight.

He doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut and, according to this article, he's a really sore loser.  However, just because he can't stand losing doesn't make him a loser.  He's definitely a winner in the business world.
NIK - World's worst moderator.