Author Topic: 1996 2Pac & KURUPT "STILL BALLIN" This Shit Is DOPE! Remix ***LINK INSIDE***  (Read 697 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

R U sure? I read an interview years ago where Bad azz said the version with him was the original.

dubcnn.com : There has been some controversy about your track with 2Pac called Ghetto Star. Who recorded the original version with 2Pac, you or Nuttso?

Nuttso had the song, Priority had got the song for me, I didn't know Nuttso did the song, so that's why I did it. I would have never done it, like Priority brought it to me Marvin had got the verses, he gave it to me the two 2pac verses wit a new beat that they had said that they got these 2 verses, so they kinda lied to me. And I rapped on it, Nuttso ended up gettin payed, I never put it out because of that reason, Priority white labeled it, and it blew up.

dubcnn.com : So you didn't record it with Pac in the studio.

No no I didn't do that. I got that verse, Pac was dead when I first heard that. They had got it, and like I said they confronted me like "Yo we got this pac verse" And I had never heard it so I thought they were tellin the truth, I was like "No one ever put this out? This was just a verse pac had layin around?" and they was like "Yeah, he did this song with Ant Banks, no one else was on it but they lied, they took Nuttso off thinkin that Nuttso would never surface. They thought Nuttso is some nobody ass rapper, but at the same time he was like a small time rapper but that was Pac's homie! Pac did that song wit him!

Twisted Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SCISSOR-HANDS NIGGA, SLICIN' LIKE BLANCA!!!
R U sure? I read an interview years ago where Bad azz said the version with him was the original.

dubcnn.com : There has been some controversy about your track with 2Pac called Ghetto Star. Who recorded the original version with 2Pac, you or Nuttso?

Nuttso had the song, Priority had got the song for me, I didn't know Nuttso did the song, so that's why I did it. I would have never done it, like Priority brought it to me Marvin had got the verses, he gave it to me the two 2pac verses wit a new beat that they had said that they got these 2 verses, so they kinda lied to me. And I rapped on it, Nuttso ended up gettin payed, I never put it out because of that reason, Priority white labeled it, and it blew up.

No no I didn't do that. I got that verse, Pac was dead when I first heard that. They had got it, and like I said they confronted me like "Yo we got this pac verse" And I had never heard it so I thought they were tellin the truth, I was like "No one ever put this out? This was just a verse pac had layin around?" and they was like "Yeah, he did this song with Ant Banks, no one else was on it but they lied, they took Nuttso off thinkin that Nuttso would never surface. They thought Nuttso is some nobody ass rapper, but at the same time he was like a small time rapper but that was Pac's homie! Pac did that song wit him!
Damn!

D-Nice, you were Absolutly Right.

This Explains everything!

Thanks Nima!  8)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 03:50:58 PM by GM Recordz »

Don't Waste Time Hating on Kurupt just because he gets the Appreciation that you think YOUR favorite artist deserves. You should try being more Positive about Life and Post about things that YOU LIKE instead of Whining Like a BITCH. Convert All That Hate into Positive Energy to Promote YOUR # 1 Artist. MUTHAFUCCA!

d-nice

Damn!

That Explains everything!

Thanks Nima!  8)

Yeah I actually found that out through a interview Nuttso did where he stated the same thing. But he was WAAAAY more pissed about it.

SmokinDro520

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PillZ..HoeZ N DRO is all a G KnowZ
Does n e 1 have a version of this witout the dj tag?
PoP PoP THIZZ!!

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I'll ask Dan Andreas if he has one.  That's the only one I had.  I think the original he did might have been on his old computer that crashed.
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

SmokinDro520

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PillZ..HoeZ N DRO is all a G KnowZ

I'll ask Dan Andreas if he has one.  That's the only one I had.  I think the original he did might have been on his old computer that crashed.
Aight thanks
PoP PoP THIZZ!!

Konvict

the og is the best

Twisted Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Don't Waste Time Hating on Kurupt just because he gets the Appreciation that you think YOUR favorite artist deserves. You should try being more Positive about Life and Post about things that YOU LIKE instead of Whining Like a BITCH. Convert All That Hate into Positive Energy to Promote YOUR # 1 Artist. MUTHAFUCCA!

Invincible

Kurupts lyrics fit in quite well. I'm surprised. Props for this.

I'm pretty sure Kurupt is in the original, at the beginning of this song Pac says "Kurupt in this mothafucka" or something like that

I know Kurupt was in the original. I'm saying his lyrics fit well over the remix beat.

thisoneguy360

Kurupts lyrics fit in quite well. I'm surprised. Props for this.

I'm pretty sure Kurupt is in the original, at the beginning of this song Pac says "Kurupt in this mothafucka" or something like that

I know Kurupt was in the original. I'm saying his lyrics fit well over the remix beat.

Ah my bad

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
Kurupt's flow/rhymes are sooo dope...

props for this remix
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Twisted Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
D-Nice,

I have not had a chance to really organize my Pac collection in about 4 years.
Have any more original versions with Kurupt or Daz come to light?

I pretty sure I have most of the stuff from makaveli 1-17(Life I lead, Just watchin, etc.)
Were there more ?

I heard Daz produced the original "homeboyz" later remixed on "still I rise".
Were Daz & Kurupt in the original?
Has that ever leaked?