Author Topic: Kanye just DOMINATED the stage at the Princess Diana Memorial Concert  (Read 534 times)

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
Wow, that was an incredible performance. Kanye came out hard to the 60,000-plus crowd at Wembley Stadium by performing "Gold Digger." He started doing laps of the stage, running back and forth. Haha. He also had an amazing back-up ensemble, including A-Trak on the decks. Anyway, after "Gold Digger," he went into "Touch The Sky," which he dedicated to the Princess. You could see a lot of people in the crowd bobbing along. Following that came "Stronger." The UK crowd didn't seem all that familiar with this new track, but he nonetheless delivered again. Pretty sure the massive backing screens behind him were airing the video. He closed with a typically vibrant performance of "Diamonds From Sierra Leone," which sounded like it was backed by a full orchestra - maybe it was, since I saw a shot of some violinists working overtime! ;D

Anyone else catch this? They said it's live to around 500 million people! :o

EDIT: Diddy just came out and performed "I'll Be Missing You," to what sounded like the loudest cheers so far. It was an amazing performance - full, backing gospel choir and some incredible instrumentation. Also, considering some of his recent performances, it was good to see that Puff opted not to mime along. Instead, he had the whole audience in the palm of his hand, clapping at his instruction. Amazing performances from both Diddy and West.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 02:04:56 PM by DPG2K7 »
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

KURUPTION-81

Yeah diddy killed it, i give him major props for that performance. Eveyone was clapping, singing, nice touch shoutimg out prince william and harry.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Is this on YouTube yet?

KURUPTION-81

Is this on YouTube yet?

no just looked, diddys performance only ended 20 min ago.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
Is this on YouTube yet?

Damn, they're not showing it where you're at? Well, it'll end up on YouTube eventually. The whole concert has been immense. Everyone who has been given the opportunity to grace the stage has delivered a passionate and enthusiastic performance.

I also just want to add that Nelly Furtado was looking stunning. :-*
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 02:03:37 PM by DPG2K7 »
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

Nima - Dubcnn.com

They're probably airing it.. I didn't see it though.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
we watched kanye, but had Aerosmith bangin out the speakers. i wanna hear it though, he had the orchestra aswell, yeh??

GATMAN

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I'm started to dig that joint, "Can't Tell Me Nothing"

DJ BUTTER   WESLEY VALENTINE & RBL POSSE

Narrator

How appropriate...he performed "Gold Digger" at a concert dedicated to Princess Diana.  Fucking pale-ass whore.

Oh, and BTW, I was responsible for her death, like a lot of things.  Black Shadow wins again!

Chief

How appropriate...he performed "Gold Digger" at a concert dedicated to Princess Diana.  Fucking pale-ass whore.

Oh, and BTW, I was responsible for her death, like a lot of things.  Black Shadow wins again!

:sign_banhim:

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Kanye just DOMINATED the stage at the Princess Diana Memorial Concert
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2007, 08:55:33 AM »
Speaking of Kanye, he will have no guest apperances on the LP  8):

Young Jeezy is the only other MC who will appear on Kanye West's Graduation LP this summer, and the Snowman didn't even have to spit a verse.

"I don't have any rappers on my album," West said. "Not just because I'm trying to make a statement of being an MC — I want people to get into my album and zone out. You never asked Marvin Gaye, 'You have such and such doing a background track?' I do have an ad-lib from [Young] Jeezy. That's because he has that line, 'Hey Snowman, can I get an ad-lib?' So I asked for an ad-lib. Where the rappers do appear is on the remixes."

Jeezy is on the remix to "Can't Tell Me Nothing," and look for Kanye to spit at least one new verse on there as well.

As for Kanye's other single, "Stronger," everyone by now knows that it borrows its beat from French house duo Daft Punk, who were introduced to Kanye through his DJ, A-Trak. The DJ told Mixtape Monday that Kanye has really gotten into several groups from the French dance-music world. A-Trak, meanwhile, is currently remixing "Stronger" and has just launched his own record label, Fool's Gold. He and his partner, Nick Catchdubs (of The Fader magazine), plan to release records this year from "hipster" rappers like Kid Sister and the

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2007, 03:53:54 PM »
Is this on YouTube yet?

kanye

diddy

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2007, 11:12:36 PM »
fuckin dope@

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2007, 09:14:30 AM »
Is this on YouTube yet?

kanye

props, great performance.

you see "N.E.R.D... featuring Pharrell Williams"?? still no Chad...

Theodore

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2007, 12:33:01 PM »
Is this on YouTube yet?

kanye

diddy

props

some dope performances but whats up with kanye's and the bear's glasses ??? shit is ugly
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 12:36:11 PM by Theodore »