Author Topic: P. Diddy ruined rap music?  (Read 361 times)

kevlar

• 'G'
Re: P. Diddy ruined rap music?
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2007, 09:02:48 PM »
rappers ruined rap music

no puffy = no "kick in the door'

no puffy = no "flava in your ear"

"jack of all trades
gotta get my chips
manipulate yo broad
put her up on craigs list"

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2007, 09:03:47 PM »
In my opinion the only thing that we should blame is the lack of creativity in rap, just for example  T.I had wyclef producing on his single, now everybody will want wyclet on their album...just watch

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2007, 09:07:24 PM »
another example is 50cent with his mixtape success, now everybody thinks u have to put a mixtape out to make it to the top

bad-n-fluenz supporter of the dangerous crew movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2007, 05:28:39 PM »
fuck it, i like diddy and most of the bad boy material. i listen to alot of different types of rap just depends on what kind of mood im in

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2007, 07:12:03 AM »

fuck pac, fuck puffy, where are the grandmaster flash niggas who know how to make social conscious and party music

all pac did was put out social conscious and party music

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2007, 08:26:57 AM »
Puffy didn't ruin Hip Hop

Lack of creativity..ruined Hip Hop...

Puffy came in, saw an opportunity and abuse it, and got rih off it!!

Some pple just see the riches, adn don't see the mistakes...
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2007, 01:34:56 PM »
In Puff's early days, he brought a lot to the rap game.  If you listen to Ready To Die, you can really tell which joints that Puffy really pushed Biggie to do, and which joints Biggie did that were completely true to what he was trying to accomplish.  "Big Poppa" which really put Biggie on the map was largely due to Puff.  Without that song as the lead single, Big would have probably still been a major player in the game, but that song put Biggie on as the crowned fuckin don of NY. 

But Big still stayed true to his fanbase, and never really went to far.  And as a selfish Hip Hop fan, as far as Biggie's legacy is concerned, it's prolly a good thing that he wasn't alive much longer because Puff started going a little too far.  I really like Ma$e's record when it dropped, but it was on some real over the top jiggy shit at times, as was No Way Out.  Both were great albums, but the flossin shit was getting quickly played out.  But then you look at around 99 & 2000, Puff released Black Rob and Shyne, both of which were solid records and still maintained credibility with heads.  After all that murder bullshit with Shyne, I think Puff had really had enough with fuckin with these street cats and he's been pretty wack musically ever since.

And sampling is cornerstone of Hip Hop, but straight looping entire 80's records that were already huge hits and repackaging them to a new audience was fuckin wack from a musical standpoint.  Financially it worked great, but Puff was straight exploiting that shit.  Then everybody started doing that shit - Will Smith, Wyclef, Nas, Master P, etc.  It symbolized that it was ok to sacrifice your musical integrity to make a buck.  The thing was, there wasn't really anyone that was an influential cat in the game that was outwardly calling them out on what they did.  So everybody copied it, and really whored the game for all it was worth.