Author Topic: Third Xbox 360 to take a shit on me  (Read 621 times)

Al Bundy

Re: Third Xbox 360 to take a shit on me
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2007, 10:59:18 PM »
they will fix it for free. ring them up

btw they don't void your warranty. here's the one I got (it's a steal for 30 because it adds alot more than just some extra fans)
http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802686
Thanks thats good to know about the warranty. All I could find locally was the Nyko cooler which is supposed to be shit. I'm gonna give MS a call tomorrow and see what the deal is.

Where did you go? I got mine at a EB Games

Smoke Break

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2007, 01:04:15 PM »
wal-marts the only choice here, there aren't any straight gaming stores for about 60miles.

Al Bundy

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2007, 04:11:54 PM »
wal-marts the only choice here, there aren't any straight gaming stores for about 60miles.

get it off the net and while you're at it get a fucking microphone k  8)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2007, 04:20:05 PM »
Man.....

After being a PSX and PS2 owner, I decided to go for the 360 because of it's much cheaper price, and because at this point, the graphics and all else weren't looking that much different for me to spend more money...especially since I only play Sports games.

So I saved a few hundred...and I bought it used, luckily in my city and not the city 2.5 hours away where I planned to buy a used one at first. It performed ok, but it kept freezing on my NBA 2K7...so I said fuggit, I've had it for a week so let me take it back for another one.....and they give me another used one, which I take home....and this shit starts off with the ring of death!!! It won't even load the game up at all!! So I took it back, and said damn, I have an extra $40 now, so I guess I'll just buy a new one....and after four days, the shit STIIIIIIILL freezes ony my NBA 2K7!! I bought 2K7 brand new, and still had the receipt...so even though I know it was a perfect copy, I took it back, just in case. When I brought the new one back and played it, the shit STIIIIIIIIILL freezes!!!!! It doesn't do it every time I play, but it does it about once every four or five games I play, which is too much for a sports game. I have played full games, and then it'll freeze when it's loading back to the season screen, so I couldn't even save it.

I called Microsoft two weeks ago, and dude basically told me to try a DVD, and he said to call them back if it freezes on me again...and I was just like wow, you kept me on the phone 30 min to tell me to call you back if it freezes AGAIN...and of course it has. I just haven't felt like calling them back yet.

Overall, I have talked to many different people, with some answers being the same, and some being different. Overall, I hear that sports games like NBA, NHL, and MLB 2K7, along with a few others, tend to freeze a lot because the disc has to spin continuously, unlike games like "Gears of war". I talked to about six people who have 2K7, and five of them said theirs has froze on them....just not as much as it did for me.

So now I'm wondering.....should I try to save up 100 or so more to get a PS3 instead? I don't know how much I could get for a used 360, which will really be new if I send it back to Microsoft and then sell it...but man, it is a complete nuisance.

Sparegeez

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2007, 03:45:27 PM »
The box finally came last Wednesday and I gave it to UPS the same day  :raisetheroof:. How long will I have to wait? It's been 3 business days already!!

Al Bundy

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2007, 11:49:44 AM »
Man.....

After being a PSX and PS2 owner, I decided to go for the 360 because of it's much cheaper price, and because at this point, the graphics and all else weren't looking that much different for me to spend more money...especially since I only play Sports games.

So I saved a few hundred...and I bought it used, luckily in my city and not the city 2.5 hours away where I planned to buy a used one at first. It performed ok, but it kept freezing on my NBA 2K7...so I said fuggit, I've had it for a week so let me take it back for another one.....and they give me another used one, which I take home....and this shit starts off with the ring of death!!! It won't even load the game up at all!! So I took it back, and said damn, I have an extra $40 now, so I guess I'll just buy a new one....and after four days, the shit STIIIIIIILL freezes ony my NBA 2K7!! I bought 2K7 brand new, and still had the receipt...so even though I know it was a perfect copy, I took it back, just in case. When I brought the new one back and played it, the shit STIIIIIIIIILL freezes!!!!! It doesn't do it every time I play, but it does it about once every four or five games I play, which is too much for a sports game. I have played full games, and then it'll freeze when it's loading back to the season screen, so I couldn't even save it.

I called Microsoft two weeks ago, and dude basically told me to try a DVD, and he said to call them back if it freezes on me again...and I was just like wow, you kept me on the phone 30 min to tell me to call you back if it freezes AGAIN...and of course it has. I just haven't felt like calling them back yet.

Overall, I have talked to many different people, with some answers being the same, and some being different. Overall, I hear that sports games like NBA, NHL, and MLB 2K7, along with a few others, tend to freeze a lot because the disc has to spin continuously, unlike games like "Gears of war". I talked to about six people who have 2K7, and five of them said theirs has froze on them....just not as much as it did for me.

So now I'm wondering.....should I try to save up 100 or so more to get a PS3 instead? I don't know how much I could get for a used 360, which will really be new if I send it back to Microsoft and then sell it...but man, it is a complete nuisance.

Microsoft has figured out most of the problems and will ship you back a perfectly working one. Give it a try.

Al Bundy

« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2007, 11:50:06 AM »
The box finally came last Wednesday and I gave it to UPS the same day  :raisetheroof:. How long will I have to wait? It's been 3 business days already!!

Probably about a week.

Sparegeez

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2007, 09:41:03 PM »

Probably about a week.

Bro I just called them and they said they just received the xbox today and it will take 4-6 weeks for them to ship it out to me. WACK!!!!!11

Al Bundy

« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2007, 10:16:55 PM »

Probably about a week.

Bro I just called them and they said they just received the xbox today and it will take 4-6 weeks for them to ship it out to me. WACK!!!!!11

What? that's some weird shit. Mine have always taken 3 days to get there. 1 day down time. 3 days to come back.

Sparegeez

« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2007, 10:18:53 PM »

Probably about a week.

What? that's some weird shit. Mine have always taken 3 days to get there. 1 day down time. 3 days to come back.

They said they're hella busy with those 3 red flashes shitboxes. I was on hold for 30 minutes before I could finally talk to somebody about the info I just learned today.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2007, 10:26:53 PM »
my friend just sent his in the other day and they told him 15-25 days. 4-6 weeks? now thats some bullshit. they also gave him 3 months of live gold for free

Sparegeez

« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2007, 10:29:14 PM »
my friend just sent his in the other day and they told him 15-25 days. 4-6 weeks? now thats some bullshit. they also gave him 3 months of live gold for free

WTF?! But they're fixing it for free so I'm not tripping and I didn't even have a warranty or the 3 flashy light homo shit.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2007, 10:26:11 AM »
Ahhh damn......I sent mine in on Wednesday, but I'll be leaving to go back home in exactly two weeks...so if it's not here before I get back, that might become a problem...because I don't want them to hold it at the shipping center or whatever like that. I won't be back for three weeks after that.

Al Bundy

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2007, 08:04:22 PM »
Ahhh damn......I sent mine in on Wednesday, but I'll be leaving to go back home in exactly two weeks...so if it's not here before I get back, that might become a problem...because I don't want them to hold it at the shipping center or whatever like that. I won't be back for three weeks after that.

get someone to sign it off for you

bad-n-fluenz supporter of the dangerous crew movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2007, 03:41:05 PM »
thats why im going with a ps3