Author Topic: Ashanti, Nelly Get Their Beyonce-And-Jay-Z On For New Single 'Switch'  (Read 65 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Nelly and Ashanti got their Jay-Z-and-Beyoncé on for the singer's new single "Switch."

Just like Jay and B early on, they've never publicly come out as a couple, but photos of the two vacationing and going out together over the past few years tell the story.

On the song, he says he hates to see her leave but loves to see her walk away. She sings about driving the guys wild while strutting in her pricey, name-brand open-toed heels (especially when she wears them with short shorts).

"Let me see you click you heels," Nells asks.

"If he's a good boy, I might give him a little show/ If he's a bad boy, I might give him a little more," she later says, naughtily.

"Switch" is the first single from Ashanti's new LP, The Declaration. Although she is still officially down with the Inc. Records, this is the first time she's made an album with no input from former executive producer Irv Gotti. She put the project together on her own.

"I feel like it's a sense of freedom," Ashanti said of the album title at last week's BET Awards in Los Angeles. "With this album, I'm taking the lead with everything. I'm steering my own ship. I'm doing everything on my own. I have a label that I'm developing under Universal as well. It's just a big year for me — I feel really, really excited about the album."

The Declaration will be released sometime in October, according to the Long Island, New York, native, and producers Jermaine Dupri, L.T. Hutton, Babyface and Polow Da Don all worked with her.

On Thursday, the Spice Girls announced their reunion - and they and Ashanti aren't the only girl-power players with upcoming or recent albums: Also look out for Alicia Keys' As I Am, Chrisette Michele's I Am, Eve's Here I Am and Ciara's Evolution.

This report is provided by MTV News
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com