Author Topic: Doesn't Quik's "Under Tha Influence" Album Get A Lot Of Hate??  (Read 689 times)

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Doesn't Quik's "Under Tha Influence" Album Get A Lot Of Hate??
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2007, 03:13:01 PM »
I'm not a huge Quik fan, but I liked the album. If the original 50 Ways made the cut, the album would have been one of my all time favorites.

hook that o.g. up ;)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/26155214827765/

The Paul Simon sample on the chorus makes all the difference.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2007, 03:30:26 PM »
I liked the album, just not some of the collabs.

rik

« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2007, 04:14:38 PM »
I'm not a huge Quik fan, but I liked the album. If the original 50 Ways made the cut, the album would have been one of my all time favorites.

hook that o.g. up ;)

Yeah, the og 50 Ways is way better IMO.

I don't think that's Paul Simon on the hook though. Cus the original song he says 50 ways to leave you lover.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2007, 10:36:03 PM »

hook that o.g. up ;)

Yeah, the og 50 Ways is way better IMO.

I don't think that's Paul Simon on the hook though. Cus the original song he says 50 ways to leave you lover.

In essence, Quik pretty much took Paul Simons hook and flipped it for his song. That's why it wasn't cleared and he had to redo it. But yeah, it wasn't Paul Simon singing.

Lunatic

« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2007, 10:38:25 PM »

hook that o.g. up ;)

props 8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Lunatic

« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2007, 10:38:55 PM »
Put It On Me is a classic. I can't believe that track is so underrated (atleast on dubcc).
Yep.  Remember when they used to play that on the radio, and Quik's part where he shouts out Suga Free's number wasn't edited out?  Funny how it's edited on the album, and not when it was being played on the radio.

:D

bty Trauma just became my fav Quik album 8)

:o

listen to rhthm al ism again ;)

lol i am going 2 skim by each album agian before droppin the quik discography thread, i'm sure some opinions will change a bit

thts the thing, opinions change with time, in 5 years trauma or way 2 fonky might be my favourite

yea that's true..but if an artist can make u keep changing ur mind, that means all his shit is dope 8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2007, 10:42:20 PM »
it's el debarge on the hook

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2007, 10:43:37 PM »
My least favorite Quik album, and I'm not really big fan of his to begin with.  :-\

wow..I love quik, and my least fav. album BY FAR is balance & options

He's an ok producer imo, and kinda underrated as a lyricist, but I'm just not a huge fan. That funk shit got corny to me YEARS ago. Differenet strokes for different coasts I guess.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 10:51:19 PM by THE dutch master »

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2007, 02:14:55 AM »
LMAO....damn, it's bad that Quik doesn't get that respect he deserves, especially outside the West, where they all just think we like Quik because he's from here, which is DEFINITELY not the case.......

I'd say Dre is the best producer overall, because of his longevity, and how he's changed the game....but as far as being a musical genius, using pure instrumentation and musicianship, Quik is BY FAR the best producer rap has ever seen. No one else is touchin him, not Dre, Battlecat, Warren, Pharrell, or anybody else. I see that THE dutch master says the funk got corny a few years ago...but Quik has never been one to drop the cookie cutter g-funk beats like a lot of producers did in the 90's, just following Dre's formula. Quik used Dre's formula to an extent for three albums, but changed it up and took things to a completely different level on Rhythmalism, which is the best album rap has EVER seen, musically speaking. That album wasn't even a lot of "funk", it was more on Jazz, soul, fusion, and a bit of rock than straight funk.

DJSpin

« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2007, 06:53:41 AM »
Put It On Me is a classic. I can't believe that track is so underrated (atleast on dubcc).

i loved Quik's verses, but dre came weak i thought.. whoever wrote those lyrics couldve tried harder to match quik's lyrics

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2007, 06:59:32 AM »

i loved Quik's verses, but dre came weak i thought.. whoever wrote those lyrics couldve tried harder to match quik's lyrics

I wouldn't be surprised if that was one verse Dre actually wrote himself.

Paul

« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2007, 07:04:23 AM »
Yep.  Remember when they used to play that on the radio, and Quik's part where he shouts out Suga Free's number wasn't edited out?  Funny how it's edited on the album, and not when it was being played on the radio.

:D

bty Trauma just became my fav Quik album 8)

:o

listen to rhthm al ism again ;)

lol i am going 2 skim by each album agian before droppin the quik discography thread, i'm sure some opinions will change a bit

thts the thing, opinions change with time, in 5 years trauma or way 2 fonky might be my favourite

yea that's true..but if an artist can make u keep changing ur mind, that means all his shit is dope 8)

ther isnt anything bad tht quik has touched even can u werk wit dat

LMAO....damn, it's bad that Quik doesn't get that respect he deserves, especially outside the West, where they all just think we like Quik because he's from here, which is DEFINITELY not the case.......

I'd say Dre is the best producer overall, because of his longevity, and how he's changed the game....but as far as being a musical genius, using pure instrumentation and musicianship, Quik is BY FAR the best producer rap has ever seen. No one else is touchin him, not Dre, Battlecat, Warren, Pharrell, or anybody else. I see that THE dutch master says the funk got corny a few years ago...but Quik has never been one to drop the cookie cutter g-funk beats like a lot of producers did in the 90's, just following Dre's formula. Quik used Dre's formula to an extent for three albums, but changed it up and took things to a completely different level on Rhythmalism, which is the best album rap has EVER seen, musically speaking. That album wasn't even a lot of "funk", it was more on Jazz, soul, fusion, and a bit of rock than straight funk.

props man, agree 100%
funkyfreshintheflesh

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2007, 08:57:09 AM »
it's one of my favovirte quik's cd

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2007, 09:09:54 AM »

hook that o.g. up ;)

^Props, the original one is better. 8)

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2007, 09:34:13 AM »

couldnT have said it better