Author Topic: Paparazzi photo of Jack Nicholson caught offguard in public.  (Read 2823 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Paparazzi photo of Jack Nicholson caught offguard in public.
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2007, 02:40:49 PM »
u guys should check to see which movie is ranked higher on the AFI's top 100

the shining- non existant
pulp fiction- #95

The Shining is #29 on the AFI 100 Years...100 Thrills list. :-*

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2007, 02:46:49 PM »

BS

It's called an EXAMPLE, Jake. Obviously, "Psycho" was nominated in 4 categories (though it wasn't nominated for best film, which it shoulda), but the point is, "The Shining" is a classic. If I said "Goodfellas" was better than "Pulp Fiction", would you deny that? The Steve Francis-Kobe Bryant comparisson was just embarassing on your behalf...Kobe doesn't hate the Lakers, he LOVES the Lakers, he hates incompetent fucks who are two-sided, sorta' like you. ;)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2007, 02:47:40 PM »

pulp fiction- #95

still non existant on the over top 100

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2007, 02:56:59 PM »
It's called an EXAMPLE, Jake. Obviously, "Psycho" was nominated in 4 categories (though it wasn't nominated for best film, which it shoulda),

no you got your info wrong,lol

you clearly said "WHAT DONT YOU GET ABOUT HORROR FILMS NOT BEING RESPECTED, ESPECIALLY IN THOSE DAYS?! Jeez, man... "Psycho" never got nominated"

lol funny man too funny.

but the point is, "The Shining" is a classic.

no duh it is, we're not arguing that

the point of the thread was the move the shining had better actors (i proved that wrong) , better writing (i proved that wrong) and better directing ( just so this doesn't drag on i'll give both equal credit)

If I said "Goodfellas" was better than "Pulp Fiction", would you deny that?

it wouldn't be an argument because the two films are on the same playing field. i'd probably agree goodfellas was better because in a way it is. it paved the way for pulp fiction.

The Steve Francis-Kobe Bryant comparisson was just embarassing on your behalf...

how so ? kubricks screenplay/writing of this film was about as strong as steve francis' scoring. Tarintinos screenplay/writing is about as strong as kobe's

Kobe doesn't hate the Lakers, he LOVES the Lakers, he hates incompetent fucks who are two-sided, sorta' like you.

lol if i was on the lakers i wouldn't asked to be traded. that's for sure. i must worship the lakers then if kobe loves them.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2007, 03:06:29 PM »

pulp fiction- #95

still non existant on the over top 100

And "Pulp Fiction" is non-existant on the other list... ::)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2007, 03:15:26 PM »
It's called an EXAMPLE, Jake. Obviously, "Psycho" was nominated in 4 categories (though it wasn't nominated for best film, which it shoulda),

no you got your info wrong,lol

you clearly said "WHAT DONT YOU GET ABOUT HORROR FILMS NOT BEING RESPECTED, ESPECIALLY IN THOSE DAYS?! Jeez, man... "Psycho" never got nominated"

lol funny man too funny.

""Psycho" never got nominated, what a horrible film! Alfred Hitchcock is a joke!"

...I was obviously being sarcastic. And no "Psycho" WASNT nominated for best film, so it's not "TOO FUNNY"...obviously it was nominated for other things, but that whole sentence was just an EXAMPLE.

but the point is, "The Shining" is a classic.

no duh it is, we're not arguing that

the point of the thread was the move the shining had better actors (i proved that wrong) , better writing (i proved that wrong) and better directing ( just so this doesn't drag on i'll give both equal credit)

That's where you become a stubborn, close-minded dickhead. In my VALID opinion, "The Shining" had the better writing and directing.

If I said "Goodfellas" was better than "Pulp Fiction", would you deny that?

it wouldn't be an argument because the two films are on the same playing field. i'd probably agree goodfellas was better because in a way it is. it paved the way for pulp fiction.

See, you're a fucking hypocrite. You say "Goodfellas" is better, yet it got the lower ratings and some bad reviews just like "The Shining" did. A prime example of why you're a dickhead, Jake.

The Steve Francis-Kobe Bryant comparisson was just embarassing on your behalf...

how so ? kubricks screenplay/writing of this film was about as strong as steve francis' scoring. Tarintinos screenplay/writing is about as strong as kobe's

Kobe doesn't hate the Lakers, he LOVES the Lakers, he hates incompetent fucks who are two-sided, sorta' like you.

lol if i was on the lakers i wouldn't asked to be traded. that's for sure. i must worship the lakers then if kobe loves them.

Your examples suck ass, get Kobe off your mind. :-\

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2007, 06:32:48 PM »

""Psycho" never got nominated, what a horrible film! Alfred Hitchcock is a joke!"

...I was obviously being sarcastic. And no "Psycho" WASNT nominated for best film, so it's not "TOO FUNNY"...obviously it was nominated for other things, but that whole sentence was just an EXAMPLE.

lol quit lying , you got caught just admit it and move on, it's called DAMGE CONTROL, you'd look better if you just admit you were wrong here,lol.

That's where you become a stubborn, close-minded dickhead. In my VALID opinion, "The Shining" had the better writing and directing.

so it's my VALID opinion lebron james is on the same level as kobe bryant, why do you play the 'i'ts my opinion role when you're losing an argument. yet when you think something you go around saying people don't know basketball, people don't watch games, ect. ect. when it's their VALID opinion. you're running scared here stop being hypocritical, either subside that pulp fiction is the better overall movie or start respecting other people's opinons like we're 'suppse' to for you.

See, you're a fucking hypocrite. You say "Goodfellas" is better, yet it got the lower ratings and some bad reviews just like "The Shining" did. A prime example of why you're a dickhead, Jake.
ouch you shot yourself in the foot again....is this another 'example'?

lol actually goodfellas and pulp fiction got the same rating from rotten tomatoes, lol both got 96%. both got 5 stars from allmovie.com and both went 95 and 96 on AFI's 100 top movies. like i said they're both on the same playing field, overall though i'd say goodfellas is PROBABLY the better movie since pulp fiction took ALOT from goodfellas.

Your examples suck ass, get Kobe off your mind. :-\
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8v9yUVgrmPY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8v9yUVgrmPY</a>

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2007, 03:50:36 AM »
Oh, wait...I actually think "Pulp Fiction" is a better movie now, Jacob...

NOT

You're a joke, man. But what should I expect from someone who compares movies to basketball players... When it comes to movies, it's a matter of taste and preference, as opposed to basketball players, cuz then we're simply speaking about who gets it done. Get help, Jake.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2007, 08:01:19 AM »
lol at this thread,this thread turned into a the shinning vs pulp fiction thread  ;D ;D

bad-n-fluenz supporter of the dangerous crew movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2007, 12:52:13 AM »
pimp

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2007, 02:54:09 PM »
Oh, wait...I actually think "Pulp Fiction" is a better movie now, Jacob...

NOT

You're a joke, man. But what should I expect from someone who compares movies to basketball players... When it comes to movies, it's a matter of taste and preference, as opposed to basketball players, cuz then we're simply speaking about who gets it done. Get help, Jake.

lol if basketball players are judged by who gets it done then dwyane wade >kobe, Lebron>kobe, steve nash>kobe, tony parker>kobe, carlos boozer>kobe, baron davis>kobe, billips>kobe, ect. ect. ect.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2007, 04:01:25 PM »
now it's basketball player vs basketball player lol  ;D wonder whats next!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2007, 03:51:07 PM »
lol if basketball players are judged by who gets it done then Lebron>kobe, steve nash>kobe carlos boozer>kobe, baron davis>kobe ect. ect. ect.

LMFAO! Jake, you're a CHARACTER.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2007, 04:14:25 PM »
poll at work:

36 people asked  "which movie was better The Shining or Pulp Fiction"

36 people said Pulp Fiction , without hesitation

-- notable respones

"oooh i love the shining, but i love the dance scene with John Travolta and Kill Bill lady, oooh what's her name, you know what i'm talking about, i'd say Pulp fiction, yeah." Cathy Peterson

"You know what man, The shining was a great role for Jack Nicholson, break out role even. But, you know what, the performance was bigger than the movie, it's one dimensional. I got to go with Pulp Fiction. There was so much for me to sink my teeth into. " Eric castillo

"PULP FICTION! how is that even comparible? At least compare pulp fiction with a better movie than The Shing" --- Art Trejo

"Pulp Fiction. Best movie ever." Micha Reeves

" I saw The shining when it first came out, i really liked it, but i've only watched it like three times since. It doesn't have the same replay value as Pulp Fiction, i could watch that all day."  David Hernandez

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2007, 04:38:55 PM »
poll at work:

37 people asked  "which movie was better The Shining or Pulp Fiction"

37 people said The Shining , without hesitation

-- notable respones

""The Shining" was wayyyy better, homie." Jason Peterson

"Let me tell you, I LOVEEE Pulp Fiction, but Jack Nicholson and Kubrick shit all over Travolta and Tarrantino. " Josh Belinfante

"Oh MAN...The Shining, even though its really tought to call. Actually, Pulp Fiction used to be my favorite movie of this generation, but The Shining is just the greatest horror movie of all time. It opened doors and paved the way for the genre." -- Bob Billard

"The Shining. It's better than having an original copy of "Doggystyle" with Tha Next Episode OG in CDQ." Jacob the liar.