Author Topic: KRS-One´s stepson commits suicide  (Read 276 times)

ABN

KRS-One´s stepson commits suicide
« on: July 10, 2007, 09:32:41 AM »
The son of Simone G. Parker and stepson of rapper KRS-One committed suicide last weekend after a lengthy bout with “severe depression.” Randy Hubbard Parker was found dead in his Atlanta apartment over the post-holiday weekend, where the Fulton County Atlanta Medical Center determined how he died. Exactly how Randy took his life has not been released. He was 23 years old. Randy, born in Queens, New York, was a graphic designer entrenched in fashion. He looked for employment in the Atlanta area at the time of his death, according to the family. KRS-One acted much like a biological father to Randy, according to friends close to the family. A private memorial will be held on July 18th, which would have been Randy’s 24th birthday. “Kris and Simone Parker send their sincere appreciation to everyone who has already responded to the tragic news,” the couple said in a statement. KRS-One and Simone G. Parker have worked together as a married couple for several years. Parker has even produced songs for the Hip-Hop icon’s albums and manages the rapper. Additionally, she is involved in a number of endeavors of her own such as showerthespirit.org and has a clothing line.

http://allhiphop.com/blogs/news/archive/2007/07/10/18239856.aspx

Blu Lacez

Re: KRS-One´s stepson commits suicide
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 10:05:32 AM »
The son of Simone G. Parker and stepson of rapper KRS-One committed suicide last weekend after a lengthy bout with “severe depression.” Randy Hubbard Parker was found dead in his Atlanta apartment over the post-holiday weekend, where the Fulton County Atlanta Medical Center determined how he died. Exactly how Randy took his life has not been released. He was 23 years old. Randy, born in Queens, New York, was a graphic designer entrenched in fashion. He looked for employment in the Atlanta area at the time of his death, according to the family. KRS-One acted much like a biological father to Randy, according to friends close to the family. A private memorial will be held on July 18th, which would have been Randy’s 24th birthday. “Kris and Simone Parker send their sincere appreciation to everyone who has already responded to the tragic news,” the couple said in a statement. KRS-One and Simone G. Parker have worked together as a married couple for several years. Parker has even produced songs for the Hip-Hop icon’s albums and manages the rapper. Additionally, she is involved in a number of endeavors of her own such as showerthespirit.org and has a clothing line.

http://allhiphop.com/blogs/news/archive/2007/07/10/18239856.aspx

Dang..RIP!!
Props on this!!

Elevz

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 10:17:17 AM »
What's so cool about committing suicide all of a sudden? Damn, R.I.P.

ABN

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 10:20:00 AM »
nothing´s cool about it but it does say a lot about todays society if that´s what people see as the best solution.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 10:23:03 AM »
There is way too many people dyin' lately, damn, Rest In Peace, shit.

Elevz

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 12:14:00 PM »
nothing´s cool about it but it does say a lot about todays society if that´s what people see as the best solution.

Yeah, that's what I mean, it's like a trend or something... Pathetic stuff at that, if you ask me... :-\

StevenQBosell

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 01:30:17 PM »

Foe real, RIP

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 01:32:39 PM »
r.i.p that sucks

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 12:37:07 AM »
Thanks for posting the info.  R.I.P. and my sympathy goes out to KRS-1 and his family.  I love KRS and I am shocked at this news.  He is such a wise and spiritual brother, I think he could have given him the giudance to find peace of mind.  It's a sad situation.

And it's true that suicide is on the rise.  I work at hospitals and the ER has been full of suicide patients this summer.  More than normal.  People looking for happiness in all the wrong places, in drugs, in material wealth, in sexual gratification.. but the happiness is not in those things. 

Allah is the creator of all things, there is no creator but Allah.  Allah is the creator of happiness, no creator but Allah; therefore, Allah will give happiness to whomever he chooses. 

The next point I want to make is the importance of self-expression.  And also fully acknowledging others thoughts and idea's.  Because what you will find with a lot of suicide patients is that they had many internal issues they were dealing with that they either couldn't express to others, or others were not willing to listen and not wise enough to understand.  We have to be mirrors of each other.

I want to use some deeper philosophy.  As Khalil Gibran put it, your ears thirst for the sound of your hearts knowledge.  We seek to know in words what we know in thought.  We seek to touch with our fingers the naked body of our dreams.  The hidden well-spring of our soul must needs rise and run to the murmering sea.  The point of all this is that whatever is afflicting our soul, we have to have some outside expression for, or we turn in onto ourselves.

...and I'm not saying all this above, to pretend that I have something figured out that other people don't, because I battle with sadness just like anyone else, I was just posting some thoughts for anybody who might find it useful.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 12:40:24 AM by Shakur Abdul-Latif's Definition Of Hip-Hop..by -Infinite- »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

TRG

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 12:53:26 AM »
damn, R.I.P. and condolences to Krs and his family

WS4L

• Lil Geezy
  • B52
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007, 08:44:44 AM »
R.I.P.....

AboveTheLaw

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2007, 11:46:07 AM »
RIP

thisoneguy360

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2007, 02:51:29 PM »

That's the truth  :-\

Al Bundy

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2007, 02:51:47 PM »
Thanks for posting the info.  R.I.P. and my sympathy goes out to KRS-1 and his family.  I love KRS and I am shocked at this news.  He is such a wise and spiritual brother, I think he could have given him the giudance to find peace of mind.  It's a sad situation.

And it's true that suicide is on the rise.  I work at hospitals and the ER has been full of suicide patients this summer.  More than normal.  People looking for happiness in all the wrong places, in drugs, in material wealth, in sexual gratification.. but the happiness is not in those things. 

Allah is the creator of all things, there is no creator but Allah.  Allah is the creator of happiness, no creator but Allah; therefore, Allah will give happiness to whomever he chooses. 

The next point I want to make is the importance of self-expression.  And also fully acknowledging others thoughts and idea's.  Because what you will find with a lot of suicide patients is that they had many internal issues they were dealing with that they either couldn't express to others, or others were not willing to listen and not wise enough to understand.  We have to be mirrors of each other.

I want to use some deeper philosophy.  As Khalil Gibran put it, your ears thirst for the sound of your hearts knowledge.  We seek to know in words what we know in thought.  We seek to touch with our fingers the naked body of our dreams.  The hidden well-spring of our soul must needs rise and run to the murmering sea.  The point of all this is that whatever is afflicting our soul, we have to have some outside expression for, or we turn in onto ourselves.

...and I'm not saying all this above, to pretend that I have something figured out that other people don't, because I battle with sadness just like anyone else, I was just posting some thoughts for anybody who might find it useful.

get your allah bullshit out of this thread.

Doggystylin

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2007, 09:39:54 AM »
If you actually took the time to think about what he said in that post and try to understand it maybe you wouldn't have made such an ignorant post.