Author Topic: DUBCNN Potent Poets Represent Their City MP3 Download  (Read 47 times)

Suga Foot

DUBCNN Potent Poets Represent Their City MP3 Download
« on: July 10, 2007, 10:07:26 AM »
Things don't always work out like they're supposed to. As is the case with Vancouver's Potent Poets. We first introduced you to the group in April of 2005. They were very well recieved and had nothing but positive feedback. The Group, consisting of Profe-C, Bigg Tripp, Ill Dramatics and Mista Drizz had almost finished recording their project for Chronico Music when the project was scrapped for personal reasons. There was no bad blood involved, and everyone kept ownership of their contributions. So expect to see bits and pieces end up on other projects.

The album was to feature production from C-Infamous, and feature Spice 1. Since the disbanding of the group, Profe-C has almost completed his solo album, Drizz has moved to Seattle, and C-Infamous is still busy producing for other artists, including material with G Hoodfellaz.

There was one song that created a lot of buzz for the album both locally, and internationally. It was a song that featured a traditional west coast beat with C-Infamous on the talk box, and the group representing where they're from. We released "My City" in low quality last year, and received a ton of emails asking for a good quality version. Well now that the Potent Poets project is scrapped, we can offer you the full length high quality version to download.

Potent Poets My City (Produced By C-Infamous) http://www.dubcnm.com/audio/2007/july/Potent_Poets-My_City.wma

Stay tuned for more info on solo projects from the group, and where this song might end up finding a home.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 10:26:49 AM by Suga Foot »