Author Topic: The Wire = The Best Show On T.V.  (Read 3089 times)

We Fly High

Re: The Wire = The Best Show On T.V.
« Reply #105 on: September 18, 2007, 09:32:57 PM »
i think i already mentioend this, but I saw Snoop (Felecia Pearson....Chris & Snoop) at a Snoop Dogg show out here during BET awards. i was goin to say what up, but i dunno haha, she just seemed so fuckin hood in the show, that i  was kinda intimidated to say anything to her in real life, hahaha. not to mention that she was charged for murder at 16..

Okka

« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2007, 05:42:45 AM »
not to mention that she was charged for murder at 16..

So how old is she now?

We Fly High

« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2007, 06:07:03 AM »
shes 27 now.. she did 8 years for a 2nd degree murder when she was like 14. so shes been out for like 4-5 years now..

Okka

« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2007, 10:58:51 AM »
shes 27 now.. she did 8 years for a 2nd degree murder when she was like 14. so shes been out for like 4-5 years now..

Aiight, thanks for the info...

GunMaster G-9

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • click the ''Give Props'' link above
« Reply #109 on: September 21, 2007, 01:04:50 AM »
WTF SNOOP IS A GIRL? i thought he was a guy? looks like a kid n shit?

We Fly High

« Reply #110 on: September 21, 2007, 01:07:35 AM »
yeah snoops a female haha. she's also a lesbian.

yeah she hella looks like a kid.. but she craaazy. ahah.

GunMaster G-9

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2007, 01:14:37 AM »
yeah snoops a female haha. she's also a lesbian.

yeah she hella looks like a kid.. but she craaazy. ahah.

wtf a dyke gangster bitch who looks like a kid? wtf...

but yeh she is hard as fuck,

edit: that scar on marlows face looks like some gangsta shit
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 01:16:40 AM by don_boochi »

Okka

« Reply #112 on: September 21, 2007, 01:20:59 AM »
I first thought she was a guy too, but then i heard her voice. She really looks like a little boy...

GunMaster G-9

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2007, 01:28:24 AM »

With her braids, oversize clothes and baseball cap turned to the side, the small, youthful Snoop looks like a teenage boy. With her partner, Chris Partlow, she is the muscle for the drug kingpin Marlo Stanfield. She is a cool, calm female killer who creatively makes enemies disappear with the use of a nail-gun, hiding the bodies in Baltimore’s vacant and condemned row houses on HBO’s much-praised series “The Wire.”  The actress Felicia Pearson, who plays Snoop, has emerged as one of the show’s most compelling characters; Stephen King, in Entertainment Weekly, called her “perhaps the most terrifying female villain to ever appear in a television series.”

In a show that is known for authentic characters, the 26-year-old Ms. Pearson has lived the kind of hard life embodied by her character. She was born to two drug-addicted and incarcerated parents and reared in an East Baltimore foster home.

“I was a crack baby,” Ms. Pearson said by telephone from Baltimore. “I was, like, three pounds, and I had to get fed with an eyedropper.” She started selling drugs at 10 and at 14 was locked up for more than seven years after shooting a woman. “I grew up not giving a damn about anything, because why give a damn if you are in a foster home and your parents didn’t care anything about you?” Ms. Pearson said. She added that she had so many drugs in her system when she was born that she was cross-eyed as a child. “Kids would tease me, saying that I’m cross-eyed and don’t have a real mother, and all those kids who said those mean things, I beat the hell out of them,” she said.

She said her life turned around at 18, when a man she called Uncle Loney, a local drug dealer who looked out for her and sent her money in prison, was shot and killed. It was he who had given her the nickname Snoop because she reminded him of Charlie Brown’s favorite beagle in the comic strip “Peanuts.”

“He was my best friend,” said Ms. Pearson, who was an inmate at a women’s penitentiary in Jessup, Md., when Uncle Loney was killed. “When he got shot, I had a reality check and said to myself, ‘Man, you got to get yourself together and get yourself out of here, because nobody’s going to keep taking care of you.’ ”

After earning her G.E.D. in prison, Ms. Pearson was released in 2000. She landed a local job making car bumpers, she said, but was fired two weeks later after her employer learned she had a prison record.

Then, two and a half years ago, while employed at a car wash, she got her big break. At a local nightclub she met Michael K. Williams, who plays Omar, a gay gangster who robs drug dealers for kicks, on “The Wire.” Mr. Williams said he saw that Ms. Pearson had charisma, and he was fascinated with her hard-knock story and thought she would be perfect for the show.

After a meeting with “Wire” producers, Ms. Pearson was hired to play the nail-gun-toting Snoop, despite having had no acting experience. “She just blew me away,” Mr. Williams said. “There was just this beauty in her. When I looked in her eyes, I saw all this pain, but she still smiled and lit up the room.”

Ed Burns, a “Wire” producer and former Baltimore police officer, said: “She’s just a natural-born actor. She came from a very, very tough background, but it didn’t scar her. So she can interpret that background in her character.”

Ms. Pearson said her first day on the set was strange. “Everybody was staring at me, I thought that I was doing something wrong,” she said, adding that she was told not to look into the camera, and to just act natural. “I was like, ‘You want me to act like I was on the corner?’ They were like, ‘Exactly, just be yourself,’ and that’s what I did.”

Mr. Williams loved what he saw. “If you meet her and you talk to her, she is unmistakably Baltimore.” he said. “And the city of Baltimore is the lead star of ‘The Wire.’ ”

There’s nothing more Baltimore than Snoop’s accent, which at times is so hard to decipher that a fan on the Internet Movie Database said she watched her scenes with closed captioning so she could read her words. “It’s basically a Baltimore thing,” Ms. Pearson said. “I say everything that’s in the script, but I put a little twist on it, like the way we would say it in Baltimore.”

Ms. Pearson is now taking acting classes at the Baltimore School for the Arts. “I’m just getting prepared for whatever comes my way, because I know people are saying that this is luck,” she said. “But luck ain’t never come my way, so I’m preparing myself for everything.”

And she said that she has put her troubles behind her. “I did what I did when I was younger, but I am a changed person,” Ms. Pearson said. “My character Snoop on the show is a coldhearted person, but I’m not coldhearted any more.”

Ms. Pearson said she hoped to be an inspiration for others. “I still can’t believe it, because I come from the gutter,” she said. “I hope and pray that someone reads my story, or hears me talk about my story and will be, like, ‘She did it, I will see what my chances are.’ ”

Elano

« Reply #114 on: September 24, 2007, 05:54:25 AM »
The wire dvds are not distribuited outside u.s. ?

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #115 on: September 24, 2007, 04:28:16 PM »

With her braids, oversize clothes and baseball cap turned to the side, the small, youthful Snoop looks like a teenage boy. With her partner, Chris Partlow, she is the muscle for the drug kingpin Marlo Stanfield. She is a cool, calm female killer who creatively makes enemies disappear with the use of a nail-gun, hiding the bodies in Baltimore’s vacant and condemned row houses on HBO’s much-praised series “The Wire.”  The actress Felicia Pearson, who plays Snoop, has emerged as one of the show’s most compelling characters; Stephen King, in Entertainment Weekly, called her “perhaps the most terrifying female villain to ever appear in a television series.”

In a show that is known for authentic characters, the 26-year-old Ms. Pearson has lived the kind of hard life embodied by her character. She was born to two drug-addicted and incarcerated parents and reared in an East Baltimore foster home.

“I was a crack baby,” Ms. Pearson said by telephone from Baltimore. “I was, like, three pounds, and I had to get fed with an eyedropper.” She started selling drugs at 10 and at 14 was locked up for more than seven years after shooting a woman. “I grew up not giving a damn about anything, because why give a damn if you are in a foster home and your parents didn’t care anything about you?” Ms. Pearson said. She added that she had so many drugs in her system when she was born that she was cross-eyed as a child. “Kids would tease me, saying that I’m cross-eyed and don’t have a real mother, and all those kids who said those mean things, I beat the hell out of them,” she said.

She said her life turned around at 18, when a man she called Uncle Loney, a local drug dealer who looked out for her and sent her money in prison, was shot and killed. It was he who had given her the nickname Snoop because she reminded him of Charlie Brown’s favorite beagle in the comic strip “Peanuts.”

“He was my best friend,” said Ms. Pearson, who was an inmate at a women’s penitentiary in Jessup, Md., when Uncle Loney was killed. “When he got shot, I had a reality check and said to myself, ‘Man, you got to get yourself together and get yourself out of here, because nobody’s going to keep taking care of you.’ ”

After earning her G.E.D. in prison, Ms. Pearson was released in 2000. She landed a local job making car bumpers, she said, but was fired two weeks later after her employer learned she had a prison record.

Then, two and a half years ago, while employed at a car wash, she got her big break. At a local nightclub she met Michael K. Williams, who plays Omar, a gay gangster who robs drug dealers for kicks, on “The Wire.” Mr. Williams said he saw that Ms. Pearson had charisma, and he was fascinated with her hard-knock story and thought she would be perfect for the show.

After a meeting with “Wire” producers, Ms. Pearson was hired to play the nail-gun-toting Snoop, despite having had no acting experience. “She just blew me away,” Mr. Williams said. “There was just this beauty in her. When I looked in her eyes, I saw all this pain, but she still smiled and lit up the room.”

Ed Burns, a “Wire” producer and former Baltimore police officer, said: “She’s just a natural-born actor. She came from a very, very tough background, but it didn’t scar her. So she can interpret that background in her character.”

Ms. Pearson said her first day on the set was strange. “Everybody was staring at me, I thought that I was doing something wrong,” she said, adding that she was told not to look into the camera, and to just act natural. “I was like, ‘You want me to act like I was on the corner?’ They were like, ‘Exactly, just be yourself,’ and that’s what I did.”

Mr. Williams loved what he saw. “If you meet her and you talk to her, she is unmistakably Baltimore.” he said. “And the city of Baltimore is the lead star of ‘The Wire.’ ”

There’s nothing more Baltimore than Snoop’s accent, which at times is so hard to decipher that a fan on the Internet Movie Database said she watched her scenes with closed captioning so she could read her words. “It’s basically a Baltimore thing,” Ms. Pearson said. “I say everything that’s in the script, but I put a little twist on it, like the way we would say it in Baltimore.”

Ms. Pearson is now taking acting classes at the Baltimore School for the Arts. “I’m just getting prepared for whatever comes my way, because I know people are saying that this is luck,” she said. “But luck ain’t never come my way, so I’m preparing myself for everything.”

And she said that she has put her troubles behind her. “I did what I did when I was younger, but I am a changed person,” Ms. Pearson said. “My character Snoop on the show is a coldhearted person, but I’m not coldhearted any more.”

Ms. Pearson said she hoped to be an inspiration for others. “I still can’t believe it, because I come from the gutter,” she said. “I hope and pray that someone reads my story, or hears me talk about my story and will be, like, ‘She did it, I will see what my chances are.’ ”
She actually good looking dressed up

Okka

« Reply #116 on: September 25, 2007, 02:18:50 PM »
The wire dvds are not distribuited outside u.s. ?

Yeah they are...

Elano

« Reply #117 on: September 26, 2007, 05:18:25 AM »
Somebody got a link to see the "intro" of the first season ?
For "intro" i mean the score before the start of every episode,i've tried on youtube but i haven't find a damn thing

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #118 on: October 01, 2007, 11:06:20 AM »
Just started watching the first series (yeah I know I'm fucking late). I think I'm hooked already.

Just finished watching the the 4th season yesterday. I can't believe Bodie got took out, leaves only one member from the Barksdale crew from the first season left on the street I think (Poot).

GunMaster G-9

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #119 on: October 01, 2007, 03:39:33 PM »
Just started watching the first series (yeah I know I'm fucking late). I think I'm hooked already.

Just finished watching the the 4th season yesterday. I can't believe Bodie got took out, leaves only one member from the Barksdale crew from the first season left on the street I think (Poot).

there is still that dude who is now hangin with Prop joe... use to be Avons muscle...