Author Topic: The Wire = The Best Show On T.V.  (Read 3092 times)

GunMaster G-9

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • click the ''Give Props'' link above
Re: The Wire = The Best Show On T.V.
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2007, 08:51:55 AM »
i wanted to see where the money goes in season 1.... its real interesting shit. stringer is a mother fucker

We Fly High

« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2007, 03:02:34 PM »
^^ you'll see how season 4 ties in season 3,2,1 all together. seaosn 2 seems like it goes off the main storyline, which it does.. but you'll see how season 4 ties it all up. season 2 is very pertinent.

GunMaster G-9

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2007, 06:12:45 PM »
yeh cool.... i have seaosns 1 and 2 on dvd.... but i am downloading season  3. is season 3 or 4 on dvd?

rik

« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2007, 06:59:24 PM »
yeh cool.... i have seaosns 1 and 2 on dvd.... but i am downloading season  3. is season 3 or 4 on dvd?

Season 3 is, Season 4 hasn't came out on DVD yet.

Jome

« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2007, 07:10:19 AM »

See sig for 3 (the best season, imo), and here's the season 4 artwork, set for a late 2007 release:

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2007, 07:56:38 AM »
im halfway through the second series, totally hooked. I try and watch at least one or two episodes a day.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2007, 08:10:08 AM »
im halfway through the second series, totally hooked.

The Wire will do that to you :) Seriously, the storyline about the docks is great. You get to know how everything works over there. The thing of it is, pretty much everything of what they show happens in reality too. I was watching a documentary the other day about drug smugglers in the port of Antwerp, and they basically had the same method as the Sobotka crew.
Season 2 has some great characters: Frank Sobotka, Nick, those Greek dudes, etc...really good actors.

Jome: thanks for posting the cover/info. Can't wait! 8)

I started watching Season 3 again just a few days ago. My dad was like "don't you ever get bored knowing what will happen as you've already seen it?". But that's the beauty of it, lol, re-watching The Wire, looking at every detail, the way storylines unfold, the way new characters are introduced, etc...

wcsoldier

« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2007, 08:18:58 AM »
I'm gonna cop the 1st season and start to watch .. the reviews are such incredible , that the show gotta be something worth ...

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2007, 11:37:37 AM »
im halfway through the second series, totally hooked.

The Wire will do that to you :) Seriously, the storyline about the docks is great. You get to know how everything works over there. The thing of it is, pretty much everything of what they show happens in reality too. I was watching a documentary the other day about drug smugglers in the port of Antwerp, and they basically had the same method as the Sobotka crew.
Season 2 has some great characters: Frank Sobotka, Nick, those Greek dudes, etc...really good actors.

Jome: thanks for posting the cover/info. Can't wait! 8)

I started watching Season 3 again just a few days ago. My dad was like "don't you ever get bored knowing what will happen as you've already seen it?". But that's the beauty of it, lol, re-watching The Wire, looking at every detail, the way storylines unfold, the way new characters are introduced, etc...

ziggy is one funny guy .I also like the way at seems that every two episode there must be one titty shot lol.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

We Fly High

« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2007, 11:42:00 AM »
damn, im loving that red tintin. cant wait to cop.

GunMaster G-9

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2007, 04:08:42 PM »
This show is crazy. i am in the middle of season 3 and its officially my favorite show (followed by Sopranos). I didn't know anything like this show existed. Its exactly the sort of show i like to watch.

I would love to see a show just like this where they follow cocaine from south America through Mexico into the states (like in the movie traffic) and how it connects with Los Angles gangs and crack selling in Compton, south central etc. Like from where it is manufactured all the way to where it is consumed. regardless of the drug (heroin or what ever). I would like to see more of the international trafficking thing and where all the laundered money goes and all the politics involved as well as the police work.

I also liked it how Method Man plays Cheese is in the show.
The dude who plays Avon (guy from Paid In Full i think?) fits that character soo well.
The guy who plays Bubs is such a perfect looking junkie!

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2007, 03:06:00 AM »
I would love to see a show just like this where they follow cocaine from south America through Mexico into the states (like in the movie traffic) and how it connects with Los Angles gangs and crack selling in Compton, south central etc. Like from where it is manufactured all the way to where it is consumed. regardless of the drug (heroin or what ever). I would like to see more of the international trafficking thing and where all the laundered money goes and all the politics involved as well as the police work.

I also liked it how Method Man plays Cheese is in the show.
The dude who plays Avon (guy from Paid In Full i think?) fits that character soo well.
The guy who plays Bubs is such a perfect looking junkie!

That sounds indeed like an interesting concept for a good show, about the drug trafficking from Latin America to the States. I think the only problem with it would be to shoot on location. Not too many of those South American countries are keen on having film crews around. Especially not in the 'rough' areas. I was watching a documentary the other day about the slums in El Salvador and the dealers over there weren't having it that cameras were nearby. They HAD to leave. So that would most likely be the major problem.
If they could make it work and if they approached it with a The Wire-like method, it would indeed be a pretty good show, yeah.

And yeah, Wood Harris - "Avon Barksdale" - does a damn good job. Everybody else too though: Stringer, Cutty, Freamon, Daniels, Rawls, Bunk, Slim Charles, Omar, I mean: literally everybody! You can rarely say about a show that EVERY actor is good, but with The Wire it is the case, period. Props to their casting agency. What I also like is that they pick "authentic people". Most of the "project mopes" weren't even actors before they got put on for The Wire. I've read that somewhere. Slim Charles, for example, plays in a Baltimore go-go band, and they just asked him if he would be down to play a part on The Wire.

I'm telling you: this show is about as real as it can get.

GunMaster G-9

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2007, 06:48:41 AM »
Yeh i think it would be awesome show. Imagine dudes lifting weights n slangin on corners in Compton or where ever with 64 Chev low riders, Cadillacs, regals etc. you could do soo much with that show. how the Latinos connect with the African American gangs etc. and where all the comes from etc. maybe how one of them guys goes to prison n quits the game n gets into rapping?

I would like to throw in Game to play a character like Cheese in The wire. He played this character in Waist Deep... Big Meat.... did a good job.

but then again it cant be no low budget bullshit...and i am sure with enough $ there would be a way around getting to film in the real poor parts of the latin america....hey thats just my 2 words
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 06:50:49 AM by don_boochi »

GunMaster G-9

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2007, 06:02:17 AM »
man i been thinking bout that show i thought of... it would be insane  8)

wcsoldier

« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2007, 06:12:35 AM »
Finally watched the 1st season : AMAZING  8)... bout to start to watch the 2nd  8)