Author Topic: Fuck New West  (Read 1750 times)

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Fuck New West
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2007, 07:25:17 PM »
Support good West Coast music, older artists and new....
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Raje

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2007, 08:45:53 AM »
I can dig people sayin the OG's don't look out for the new artist which is somewhat true. It ain't like the old days...Cube was puttin on everybody..DJ Pooh..Dj Quik..Mausberg R.I.P. we lost a soldier right there...But Only cats I really see showin love out there now is my nigga Dresta wit Tha Young Hoggs..Wit got some hot cats on these streets hustlin from corner to corner My "Cream Team" niggas big up's..It's 2 much goin on out here 2 talk about a New West..You got 2 do 4self if a blessin comes along that's cool but it's against protocol to diss the forfathers. That's the whole idea behind bossin up..you do that mutha fuckas gone take notice. It don't take a deal from a major to be caked up..The hustler is in you!!! That's what the Westcoast is all about. That New West gimmick to me is founded on disrespect bottom line. Fuck That!! Holla at me!!

Flixx

Tha Gardena Ridah
Shout out to the Cream Team. They doin they thang. West up to my nigga Pappy Locc... Whatup Cuzz!
Raje'
R2D2...
ASAP| 5482 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1604 | Los Angeles | California | 90036 | 323.405.RAJE | www.MrBrackins.com

Paul

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2007, 08:56:10 AM »
Support good West Coast music, older artists and new....
funkyfreshintheflesh

SGV

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2007, 09:41:32 AM »
The South doesn't have to say "New South" cuz the older heads put them on. Bun B puts on his team Mddl Fngz as well as supporting younger cats like Mike Jones, Chamillionaire, Lil Flip, Paul Wall, T.I. etc. on a regular basis. Pimp C put on Webbie and Boosie. Big Boi got Killer Mike, Purple Ribbon etc. 3-6 Mafia put on Frayser Boy and Lil Wyte as well as show love and support to Young Buck. It just goes on. All the South OG's show love and put on the younger cats.

The West does not do that... at all. There's a reason cats are tired of hearing these mid to late 30s cats talking all this shit, but the entire time they ain't doing nothing fresh. So if you sit here and still support these old ass rappers way harder than you would the new rappers, you can suck a dick. The West will die behind you.

Ya Boy, Omar Cruz, Game, Jay Rock, Clyde Carson, Big Rich, Balanace, F.A.B., Bishop Lamont, G.Malone, Damani, Topic etc. This is the future of the West.

Snoop, Cube, E-40, Too Short are either already in their 40s or are damn near there. Its time to let them go and begin to realize that times are changing.

Paul

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2007, 09:44:07 AM »
The South doesn't have to say "New South" cuz the older heads put them on. Bun B puts on his team Mddl Fngz as well as supporting younger cats like Mike Jones, Chamillionaire, Lil Flip, Paul Wall, T.I. etc. on a regular basis. Pimp C put on Webbie and Boosie. Big Boi got Killer Mike, Purple Ribbon etc. 3-6 Mafia put on Frayser Boy and Lil Wyte as well as show love and support to Young Buck. It just goes on. All the South OG's show love and put on the younger cats.

The West does not do that... at all. There's a reason cats are tired of hearing these mid to late 30s cats talking all this shit, but the entire time they ain't doing nothing fresh. So if you sit here and still support these old ass rappers way harder than you would the new rappers, you can suck a dick. The West will die behind you.

Ya Boy, Omar Cruz, Game, Jay Rock, Clyde Carson, Big Rich, Balanace, F.A.B., Bishop Lamont, G.Malone, Damani, Topic etc. This is the future of the West.

Snoop, Cube, E-40, Too Short are either already in their 40s or are damn near there. Its time to let them go and begin to realize that times are changing.

i understand what your saying but why let guys like snoop and short go if there are people still enjoying their music

support and listen to the music if its bangin regardless how old the guy is
funkyfreshintheflesh

d-nice

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2007, 09:45:42 AM »

E-40 does not put new rappers on?

SGV

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2007, 09:48:50 AM »
I didn't say 40 didn't.... did I? The West in general does not put new cats on. And when asked, the OG cats always have some bullshit reason as to why they don't put on new cats. They want the utmost respect from cats who have no reason to respect them beyond the fact that they were out first. Just cuz you're an OG in the game doesn't mean you automatically get respect. You have to earn it just like the New Cats. So if New West Rapper number 1 says "Fuck these old cats cuz they're not putting me on," he has every right to say that.

d-nice

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2007, 10:10:37 AM »
I didn't say 40 didn't.... did I? The West in general does not put new cats on. And when asked, the OG cats always have some bullshit reason as to why they don't put on new cats. They want the utmost respect from cats who have no reason to respect them beyond the fact that they were out first. Just cuz you're an OG in the game doesn't mean you automatically get respect. You have to earn it just like the New Cats. So if New West Rapper number 1 says "Fuck these old cats cuz they're not putting me on," he has every right to say that.

My bad, it sounded like you were saying those OG rappers don't help new cats. Why is it that on other coasts "OG" rappers like Rakim, Nas, Jay-Z, Kool G Rap are honored and revered and here we nit pick at every little thing this or that artist did or did not do. I don't here people talk about WC putting on the Trapp, or helping Dr. Stank or King Tee with Maylay or any other things. Mack 10 reaching out to Glasses or Dre with Bishop Lamont. If that is the case and that is not good enough then there will never be unity. Ya Boy is doin it indie, there are a gang of artists hustlin on they own doing it. I don't hear people sweating Nas or Rakim why they ain't put Termanology on.

d-nice

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2007, 10:32:14 AM »

That is a real general blanket statement you are making without any facts. There are OG rappers on the west that do help out new acts. So if they are doing that you need to be more specific if you feel there are certain ones that are not doing they part. And really if you think about it, that is on the artist themselves. But yeah WC, Mack 10, King Tee, Kam and others do help. You can't help everyone, but they are doing their part and so are others.

SGV

« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2007, 10:49:12 AM »
It took W.C. a while for him to put some cats on. It wasn't until people started talking shit about OG's not putting on new cats, then and only then did he start supporting up and comers. Mack 10 has consistently put on cats, I got love for him for that. King Tee as well. He put on Tha Liks and Xzibit. But it's been a while between Xzibit and Maylay.... Kam supports the new cats, but he's not really putting anyone on. But I got love for him for that. But just like Cube put Mack 10 on back in the early 90s, getting him a deal etc., a lot of New Cats were looking for that, IMO.

Reason Nas, G Rap, Jigga etc. are respected by cats out East is cuz its not hard for a dude like Term or Joell Ortiz to get put on. East Coast cats have a lot of OGs to back them up. Dudes like Kay Slay, Busta Rhymes, Jigga, Premo, etc. REALLY getting behind young cats and getting them out there. Instead of keeping the spotlight for themselves, they loosen up their strangle hold on the industry and let young cats in. That's one thing that does not always happen out West. So yes, W.C. put on Tha Trapp, but what have they done? Not much. Did Dub really push them? Not really. Glasses was already on without Mack, so you can't really give Mack that credit (I give him credit for Da Hood, but what did they do afterall? Nothing). Aside from Game, what other "new cat" who was put on by Old dudes truely had success? Truely made a dent in the industry? None.

Yes, Dre signed Bishop, but he hasn't even put out an album with him yet, so for now its just a signing. Thats not doing anything for his career (look at Hittman). Don't go giving props to people for things that don't merit the props. If Dre, Cube, Mack 10 etc. supported cats from the bottom all the way to the top, then we wouldn't have a "New West."

d-nice

« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2007, 11:04:02 AM »
Damn so now it is a requirement for how many cats you put on? Da Hood did quite well on the charts. The Lakers actually wanted to pick up their song L.A. 4 Ya for music to be played at the games but they had clearance issues. Tha Trapp is just starting out, I know them cats and they are grinding out there. You make it sound like these artists have to be on a major or something or put up great numbers to be fully put on. Everyone's situation is different. Glasses actually did hustle on his own to get that Sony deal but I bet if he would have been months behind getting a second deal, people would complain and say no OG's helping him. You think Mack 10 had to do that for him? So a artist is supposed to sit around and have the OG's hand feed them success. Bishop Lamont ain't waiting on Dre to create a buzz, neither is Joell Ortiz. N*gger Noize dropped right here on Dubcnn for free creating a buzz, he has done interviews. So a little bit of work has to be put in by the artists. As for the truly dope new artists that do not have a deal, I do hope OG artists or on they own that they can get a deal.

d-nice

« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2007, 11:16:28 AM »
Although WC was mad heated in his interview here, he does have a point. Get out there and push your product on your own, stop waiting for a label or og to push your shit. Go indie, have more control over your music. That can go for life in general. Get ya hustle on. And alot of west coast artists are doing that on the daily. If someone can help you, cool, if not, stop waiting on somebody else.

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2007, 11:17:21 AM »

$hort and e-40 are no longer west coast.  they was at one point, but turned they back on it.

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Iliveinthefuture

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2007, 11:55:35 AM »

$hort and e-40 are no longer west coast.  they was at one point, but turned they back on it.

you're lame so they aren't west anymore cause they don't make 90s sounding music ???????
40 and short are LEGENDS they can do what the fuck they want and they help out new cats on the regular so shut the fuck up 90s nostalgic nerd  8)

Iliveinthefuture

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2007, 11:57:24 AM »

this guy speaks the truth all the time
this thread ain't a big deal anyway because most of those hating on new artists are either soundclick rappers or mad europeans with fast internet connections  8)