Author Topic: espy awards  (Read 2115 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: espy awards
« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2007, 11:39:36 AM »
whats wrong w/ his offense?

he's an okay scorer but dude averages like 20 points a game, shaq in his worst season averages that, and he's suppose to be 'washed up'

wow.  I think he is a lil more than a "ok" scorer, remember even though he only scored 20 a game lol he is still always double teamed cause he has no other help offensively.

Jake is a little slow, he doesn't understand that JO doesn't demand as much offense as Shaq...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2007, 01:08:22 PM »
any analyst will tell you that having shaq in your line up helps your teammates score. all the defense is concerned with 'stopping' shaq. this frees up other players and allows them to score.

and about jermaine o'neal how can you be a beast scorer when your career average is 14 poitns. he's a great player but he's not a "great" scorer. allen iverson=great scorer. jermain o'neal no. kobe bryant=great scorer...tim duncan not really.  like i said jermaine o'neal is a moster on the defensive end, IMO that's his strength, he's not a player you want anchoring your offense , in this day and age.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #92 on: July 19, 2007, 01:09:56 PM »
whats wrong w/ his offense?

he's an okay scorer but dude averages like 20 points a game, shaq in his worst season averages that, and he's suppose to be 'washed up'

wow.  I think he is a lil more than a "ok" scorer, remember even though he only scored 20 a game lol he is still always double teamed cause he has no other help offensively.

okay i had to reread this again and LAUGH......jermain o'neal up until this year HAD help .... bad argument. i guess reggie miller doesn't count for anything huh?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #93 on: July 19, 2007, 01:28:01 PM »
any analyst will tell you that having shaq in your line up helps your teammates score. all the defense is concerned with 'stopping' shaq. this frees up other players and allows them to score.

Yea, splitting your points/shots between Shaq makes your PPG higher! Good one Jake.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2007, 06:38:27 PM »
but still even when he got to indy and averaged what like 40-41 minutes a game i know he wasn't a beast.  he was stil developing...23 years old and he still wasn't the player Lebron james was at 19-22.

yes he is a beast!  this is why JO is a top player in this league,  he is a top5 defender while also being a 20-10 player.  how many players can dominate the game both offensively and defensively? not many, melo cant, wade cant, dirk cant, nash cant, lebron cant, Jermaine can!

I like him and all, but how the fuck does JO DOMINATE anything? The Pacers aren't even close to being a respectable team, so I think dominating is the wrong choice of words.

JO was constantly double teamed all year last year and he still basically averaged 20ppg.  You need more than 1 player to be successful, JO had NO HELP last year!  And when he did have help 3 years ago his team won 61 games and he was 3rd in MVP voting.  JO consistently DOMINATES games defensively and is also able to DOMINATE games offensively and on the boards.

Again, a player who DOMINTATES wins games. JO can't do that by himself, so he's not dominant imo. One of the best, of course, but not dominant at all.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2007, 06:40:21 PM »
no one said it boosts your ppg, what it does do is make it ALOT easier to score and takes all the pressure off making the shots. why is this? because you're either going to take a wide open shot or lay up. your man is going to be swinging off doubel coverage on shaq. watch any game with shaq and that's what you hear. i've been hearing that since 92' , and have been seeing it since his LSU days.

Lunatic

« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2007, 07:29:06 PM »
WOW at Durant beating Young for the coll. player award
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2007, 01:45:32 PM »
no one said it boosts your ppg, what it does do is make it ALOT easier to score and takes all the pressure off making the shots. why is this? because you're either going to take a wide open shot or lay up. your man is going to be swinging off doubel coverage on shaq. watch any game with shaq and that's what you hear. i've been hearing that since 92' , and have been seeing it since his LSU days.

LOL. KOBE'S OFFENSE ALWAYS DEMANDED DOUBLE-COVERAGE, EVEN DURING THE THREEPEAT ERA. If you actually watched the games, you woulda known this. Shaq is the one who had it easier when Kobe was around...PeACe

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2007, 01:46:37 PM »
LOL^^^^^^^

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2007, 02:26:37 PM »
LOL^^^^^^^

What's so funny, rag? Kobe consistently drawing double teams opened the post for Shaq, and lets not forget who was making the plays, spoon-feeding Shaq dunks and lay-ups...I wonder why Shaq got his three straight rings alongside Kobe? Kobe was a boss, way better than LeBron James, EVEN as a second option, deferring to Shaq...

teecee

« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2007, 11:58:34 PM »
LeBron=most overrated player in NBA history. Yes, more overrated than Wade himself...

lol

How is this funny? Even NBA analysts who ride his dick can agree with this.

proove it then.

After his performance in the playoffs you can not say he's overrated. sure he lost in the finals. but he fought his way to there as a leader.

His performance in the playoffs? LMAO. He had ONE good game, where there was NO DEFENSE on him whatsoever, and he was considered a choke in many of the others...And as expected, dude disappeared in the finals when some defense was actually played against him. LMAO@saying James is not overrated because of his play in the playoffs...

I can't believe this shit!!!  I don't check this board, come back for a month, and NIK is STILL up to the same bullshit.  HOw the fuck can you say LBJ only had ONE good game?   Games 3-5 were all GREAT games by Lebron against NJ, so shut the fuck up.  Lebron doesn't need to get 50 a game to have a good game.

And really, any player in Lebron's position would've had a tough time in the finals.  A huge mismatch, kind of like the Lakers vs the Suns this year, except the Spurs are an even better team.  Lebron did the next best thing to wiining it all this year, and dude is still only 23, so how is he overrated?  Should he have one the NBA award?  Probably not, but why does it really matter?  Dude is ILL, and has a lot of room to grow his game still.  Defense, ouitside shot, post game= OVER

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2007, 12:45:55 PM »
how is he overrated?  Should he have one the NBA award?  Probably not

LMAO. Do you realize how ridiculous you sound? What did JASON KIDD say? It was not LeBron who beat them, it was the role players and rebounding. LEBRON SHOT 41% FG FOR THE PLAYOFFS THIS SEASON. Dude is being compared to Jordan, Magic, Kobe, etc...ROFL@him not being overrated.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2007, 02:57:40 PM »
Kobe benefitted more having Shaq open up shots for him than shaq Benefited from having kobe 'open' up shots for him. lol

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2007, 04:03:35 PM »
Kobe benefitted more having Shaq open up shots for him than shaq Benefited from having kobe 'open' up shots for him. lol

You're right, Kobe beneffited more by running plays for Shaq and spoon-feeding him, all while drawing double and sometimes triple teams...LOL. :grumpy:

teecee

« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2007, 06:27:08 PM »
how is he overrated?  Should he have one the NBA award?  Probably not

LMAO. Do you realize how ridiculous you sound? What did JASON KIDD say? It was not LeBron who beat them, it was the role players and rebounding. LEBRON SHOT 41% FG FOR THE PLAYOFFS THIS SEASON. Dude is being compared to Jordan, Magic, Kobe, etc...ROFL@him not being overrated.

1.  Everyone says your posts are ridiculous, while you are the only one who says shit about mine.

2.  Fine, Lebron shouldn't be compared to Jordan or Magic yet.  However, since Kobe hasn't led a team to anything (not even a series win yet), don't put his name next to Jordan's or Magic's.  Agreed?