Poll

Which bank is better?

Wells Fargo
1 (16.7%)
Washington Mutual
5 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Better Bank?  (Read 190 times)

acgrundy

Re: Better Bank?
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2007, 10:09:19 PM »
B of A

Been there since 1997, pretty much no problems, nothing major at least, and any problem I did have was easily resolved.  Have had direct deposit for 2.5 years, never a problem, usually get my check earlier than payday, if payday actually falls on a weekend.  Online bill pay is the best, so easy to do business.  Bank of America is the #1 bank in america for a reason.

Smoke Break

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Better Bank?
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2007, 11:00:12 PM »
Bank of America, i've had a rocky relationship with them. Direct deposit is the most convenient shit, I never have to step foot in the bank unless there's problems. Speaking of problems, when I got my first account back in the day, whoever signed me up offered me the student account he said was absolutely free, no monthly charges and no minimum balance. Somewhere between him telling me that and me signing paperwork things changed. Once I quit my job for school and no longer had my direct deposit getting dropped to the atm, I left my $9 and change in the account and went back to using my wallet. A few months later I start getting calls from debt collectors telling me I owe over a hundred to bank of america and demand my PARENTS account info. So I investigate and pull out the statements I never opened and notice they were billing me monthly, draining my chump change, causing an overdraft fee plus processing fees. Then I notice the next month it started charging me TWO overdraft charges and two processing fees. Same deal for the rest of the months, so I go to the bank where they tell me it was a computer glitch, and dropped the price in half. Not really that big of a deal, it was absolutely my fault for not checking my statements but what the fuck kind of sustained computer glitch is that?