Author Topic: SAIGON'S OFFICIAL SINGLE FROM TGSNT (SNIPPET)  (Read 274 times)

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
Re: SAIGON'S OFFICIAL SINGLE FROM TGSNT (SNIPPET)
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2007, 10:05:54 AM »
The track's dope, but I agree with what someone said over on Just's blog about the beat being a little too loud. Means that some of Saigon's lyrics sound a bit drowned out by the instrumental. I like the way JB flipped that sample though, and Swizz adds his trademark energy to the chorus.
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2007, 11:10:45 AM »
Thats true, Just Blaze is a very talented producer but his mixing game aint the best. His beats are either too loud or have no bass. Anybody who has a good audio system can tell that his beats dont have that extra thump. The melody is usually excellent but no bassline (except for Kingdom Come beats, where of course Dre mixed them).

Classic example is T.I.s "Help Is Coming" and Diddys "Tell Me". Both have that orchestra, epic sound but just dont bang hard in your system. Somethings missing.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2007, 10:39:07 AM »
Thats true, Just Blaze is a very talented producer but his mixing game aint the best. His beats are either too loud or have no bass. Anybody who has a good audio system can tell that his beats dont have that extra thump. The melody is usually excellent but no bassline (except for Kingdom Come beats, where of course Dre mixed them).

Classic example is T.I.s "Help Is Coming" and Diddys "Tell Me". Both have that orchestra, epic sound but just dont bang hard in your system. Somethings missing.

Yeah Help is Coming sounds real fucked up.  I have to put the EQ on Jazz when I listen to JB prod.

Man, I hate Show Me What You Got, it sounds so unmastered.. Yuck. Dre mixed that POS?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 10:41:03 AM by The-Leak »