Author Topic: Official ATL thread(Above the Law, Not Atlanta)  (Read 16595 times)

Blu Lacez

Re: Finally heard Black Mafia Life
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2007, 01:50:10 PM »
Dre copyied the idea the sound and rap style concept, but the only difference with all of this is Dre is  better producer than hutch. Dre is a real producer who can take what you do and make it 1000 times better.
^^^
For Sure!!!
i Guess that's Sums it All Up!!
Dre Is the Man!!!

Blu!

It doesn't sum it up not quite yet because Dre never gave hutch props and probably never will,so the sum has to come from somewhere else.

I was referring to the comment about Dre's ability to create dope material!!
I am not  referring to the incident between Dre & Hutch.

We'v only heard from one side ..there's probably a lot more we don't know..
I for One, would not want to deliberate on who owes whom credit!
If Dre owes Hutch credit then Fine, Dre should should some appreicate, if he don't..then unfortunatley life Goes On!!

Do I feel Sorry for Hutch, of course i do absolutely, however he can still get his name out there-Seeing as  Dre is taking his time with Detox and All..

Blu!

Blu Lacez

« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2007, 02:03:25 PM »

In the loping pouch between thumb and forefinger, is a tatto. Itsa a rough circle-maybe an inch in diameter- surrounding what appear to be a couple of chinese characters shaded in dark green.  As he pulls out the ruthless parking lot one day in his gray Mercedes 600 SEL, I ask what the writting means. He brushes me off with a half hearted grin and turns to top of his hand out of view.  Whether the tatoo hides something deep or nothing at all, the hiding itself is typical of Eazy, who still likes to keep certain things away from bpulic crutiny. --Source 1994 The Source interview

not apart of this discussion but eazy had this tattoo of a devil sign or pentogram or somthin on his hand, i heard dre had the same tattoo and is now covered up buy flames? i know he gets ink work done

i think u can kinda see it in this pic on dre

and i read earlier about atl and cube
there is another incident that went down, its discussed in jerry hellers book Ruthless. a backstage fight at a concert with hutch and cube over comments made by cube.

I've noticed that Tat before..I know Dre's Tat on his Left Hand is alot bigger than E's own..

annunaki

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2007, 02:13:41 PM »
Too each his own. Peace

« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2007, 02:20:59 PM »
i'm a big atl fan but i don't think that when they came to ruthless that was exactly when dre and nwa started fucking around with funky samples. straight outta compton didn't really have a style of it's own but i think the albums nwa and dre assisted in after straight outta compton was where they started trying more funky shit that would lead to gfunk and creating a style of their own. i mean no one can do it better is a stage in between always into somethin and the straight outta compton days. it had a more funky sound to it. i think hutch threw out some ideas and dre threw out some ideas. the samples used on chronic and bml were the best ideas from the both of them and they both wanted to put out the best product they could so they used the others ideas. there's no question in my mind dre had a role in gfunk. i think hutch is mad because dre took what he did and put it out first as completely his own and he has a right to be but that doesn't mean it was all hutch. if the samples were all hutch then why didn't dre drop like a brick when it came time for him to choose his own samples for doggystyle production. either way dre executed the album better so i can't hate him. i still think it's sad hutch got robbed of being the creator of gfunk but i don't blame dre for doing what he did either.

Yo Dre Kick In The Bass was an early stage of the evolution of g funk. it all started with looped samples before producers started flipping them adding shit and making them a sound of their own. besides plenty of popular gfunk songs are just looped old samples with some drums and bass to make it better for rapping. there's a fine line between what people consider straight jacking samples and sampling.

imagine if dre recruited atl to aftermath :o...

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2007, 02:32:29 AM »
that tat shit is crazy; I've read alot about how there's societies of satan worshippers and other occult organizations all throughout LA (like the Hotel California on California Street for example, it's a Satanic church) that intentionally seduce celebrities into their ranks with promises compared to the bluesman Robert Johnson's selling his soul to the devil to be a skilled and succesful blues guitarist. What it really comes down to is some goth assholes in LA hustling rappers and rockers.

I think the most likely scenario is:

Dre and Hutch were both working towards this manifesto album and when Dre lef they both commenced their plans to make said album. It's crazy that dre's dropped first considering he had to change labels in the interim. Hutch shoulda made that shit; can't believe he's related to willie hutch.

both artists' work were clearly leading to the chronic/bml. what would have likely happned had not the cube/heller situations happened is that hutch and dre would have produced the album together, and it woulda had all those cats, cube, snoop and pac...damn, how insane would that have been.  damn.

-T
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 05:15:03 PM by Tanjibility agrees that Ron Paul is the realest candidate »

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Blu Lacez

« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2007, 06:11:50 AM »
that tat shit is crazy; I've read alot about how there's societies of satan worshippers and other occult organizations all throughout LA (like the Hotel California on California Street for example, it's a Satanic church) that intentionally seduce celebrities into their ranks with promises compared to the bluesman Robert Johnson's selling his soul to the devil to be a skilled and succesful blues guitarist. What it really comes down to is some goth assholes in LA hustling rappers and rockers.

-T

-T

For Real??

Dang, so that's what The Eagles meant when they sang that Song "Hotel California"..

props on This Man,anutha dope Info T.

Blu!

Don Seer

« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2007, 07:04:16 AM »

how comes no one posted the most important thing?

Snoop was supposed to be on BML.. he was meant to rap over that instrumental section on "never missing a beat"...

what did he do that day?

he blew out ATL to meet Dre... and everyone knows the result of that first meeting was... Deep Cover..

Snoop made the right choice. end of.

« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2007, 07:35:18 AM »

Dre and Hutch were both working towards this manifesto album and when Dre lef they both commenced their plans to make said album. It's crazy that dre's dropped first considering he had to change labels in the interim. Hutch shoulda made that shit; can't believe he's related to willie hutch.

both artists' work were clearly leading to the chronic/bml. what would have likely happned had not the cube/heller situations happened is that hutch and dre would have produced the album together, and it woulda had all those cats, cube, snoop and pac...damn, how insane would that have been.  damn.

-T

-T

-T
It sounds perfect in theory by I wonder if them all splitting didn't make them try to one up each other producing better, more ambitious music.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2007, 05:19:48 PM »

-T

-T

-T
It sounds perfect in theory by I wonder if them all splitting didn't make them try to one up each other producing better, more ambitious music.

certainly that's true too, but they both had the same concept in mind: the ultimate definition of the gangster mentality, based around the same 7 samples or so.

and Blu, yep, exactly. that's why it talks about mercedes benz and wines and all that luxurious shit. it's just like tom cruise spending millions of dollars on scientology ever year, or even hardcore born again christians doing the same, it's some extremists using spirituality to hustle people.

alot of famous ass musicians have been involved with that shit. Jimmy Page from led zeppelin for example.

so who in else in dre and eazy's circles have that tat on their hands?

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Blu Lacez

« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2007, 07:26:10 PM »

-T

-T

-T

certainly that's true too, but they both had the same concept in mind: the ultimate definition of the gangster mentality, based around the same 7 samples or so.

and Blu, yep, exactly. that's why it talks about mercedes benz and wines and all that luxurious shit. it's just like tom cruise spending millions of dollars on scientology ever year, or even hardcore born again christians doing the same, it's some extremists using spirituality to hustle people.

alot of famous ass musicians have been involved with that shit. Jimmy Page from led zeppelin for example.

-T

^^
I'm not Sure I've checked..but can't say for certain!!
I've seen pics of Dre, and some info concerning his Tat.
I  read some where that both tats on his hands were done by Mister Cartoon 2004
Peep a Pic of Dre with both hands exposed displaying both Tatts:

Kinda weird that Eazy E & dre would ahve the same kinda tat on thier left hand..

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2007, 07:29:20 PM »

-T

-T

-T

-T

^^
I'm not Sure I've checked..but can't say for certain!!
I've seen pics of Dre, and some info concerning his Tat.
I  read some where that both tats on his hands were done by Mister Cartoon 2004
Peep a Pic of Dre with both hands exposed displaying both Tatts:

Kinda weird that Eazy E & dre would ahve the same kinda tat on thier left hand..

that shit is crazy. I did not know dre got down like that. that pic doesn't seem satanic, but the ones with the little skin fold tats that eazy and dre had? those seem sketchy.

I didn't even know dre had tats before this thread.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Blu Lacez

« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2007, 08:22:47 PM »
^^
True T!!
But I'm beginning to think that Dre's tat on hi left hand-the "Burning spider Web"
different from the Tat on Eazy's left Hand, it looks so much different
here's anutha pic of Dre with the said Tat more evident it looks kinda different from the eazy Tat

As for Dre havin Tats, yeah he does, i seen a couple of photos of Him, displayng Tats,

As for eazy E, i know some of the artis he recruited to Restless..did form a Pact with some Jews, so that is probably where eazy got that Tat, I'm not sure so don't quote me on that..as far as I Know Eazy was quiet on the reason or logic or explanation of that Tat on his left hand..

P.s To All the posters on this thread, sorry for Derailing the said topic!! 8)

Blu!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 08:24:36 PM by Blu Lacez »

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2007, 10:44:22 PM »
Excellent topic.  It's like homie said, Dre is a true producer.  He'll take your shit and make it sound 100x better.  It's no coincidence that some of the greatest Hip Hop made over the last 20 years has had Dre as the common denominator.  He fundamentally understands what makes music dope.  And yeah, you always here cats that he worked with in the past always saying some shit like "Dre stole that beat from me", "I ghost produced", etc.  But the cats that said that shit haven't really done shit since fuckin with Dre, so their arguement doesn't hold much water.

And yeah, surely Dre heard some concepts and samples from ATL, but he took them to a whole nother level.  He was able to make that sound come together better.  But I def agree that it really seems as though The Chronic is a very similar album to Black Mafia Life.

Oh and props to that Shaka Zulu cat for droppin some knowledge. 

This is one of the best discussions on the West Coast section that I can remember for a long ass time.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2007, 01:12:16 AM »
Excellent topic.  It's like homie said, Dre is a true producer.  He'll take your shit and make it sound 100x better.  It's no coincidence that some of the greatest Hip Hop made over the last 20 years has had Dre as the common denominator.  He fundamentally understands what makes music dope.  And yeah, you always here cats that he worked with in the past always saying some shit like "Dre stole that beat from me", "I ghost produced", etc.  But the cats that said that shit haven't really done shit since fuckin with Dre, so their arguement doesn't hold much water.

And yeah, surely Dre heard some concepts and samples from ATL, but he took them to a whole nother level.  He was able to make that sound come together better.  But I def agree that it really seems as though The Chronic is a very similar album to Black Mafia Life.

Oh and props to that Shaka Zulu cat for droppin some knowledge. 

This is one of the best discussions on the West Coast section that I can remember for a long ass time.

I whole heartedly agree; felt like I had to bring it back.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2007, 01:27:52 AM »
Blu, aight, i checked the dre tat, you're right. it's just the spider web, i was trippin. so eazy and dre probly DIDN'T make a satanic pact together. cool.

-T

westcoastavengers.com