Author Topic: Consequence Snags DMC For Video, Preps New CD  (Read 55 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Consequence Snags DMC For Video, Preps New CD
« on: July 18, 2007, 05:32:23 AM »
For the video for "Uncle Rahiem," the new single from his G.O.O.D. Music debut album, "Don't Quit Your Day Job," Queens rapper Consequence snagged Run-D.M.C.'s DMC to play the role of the semi-fictional relative referenced in the title. The clip will be serviced to music networks by the end of the month.

"Uncle Rahiem is a combination of one maternal uncle and two paternal uncles, and he's like the deadbeat of the family," Consequence tells Billboard.com. "Everyone has that one wack family member and he's mine. Worse, he's just coming out of jail and is coming to stay with me and my mom."

Following "Raheim," the Al Green-sampling "The Good, The Bad, The Ugly" will likely be the fourth single from "Day Job" and is tipped to hit radio in August.

And though details are limited, the rapper says he is currently working on his sophomore project, tentatively titled "You Win Some, You Lose Some." The project is expected out in the first quarter of 2008. First up is a new mix tape, "Cons Vol. 5: Refuse To Die," due before the end of the month and hosted by DJ Whoo Kid.

Consequence also recently appeared on the remixes to Beyonce's "Sugar Mama" and T-Pain's "Bartender."

This report is provided by Billboard.com
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com