Author Topic: old AC DC , Guns, and Metallica sell more than many hip hop albums these days  (Read 358 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Metallica>>>>>Guns N roses

no chance!  Metallica was way to 1 dimensional.  GNR could do it all, just listen to Welcome to The Jungle and then November Rain, LOL they were a million times more talented then Metallica could ever be.

you have no idea what you're talking about,lol

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

rik

I'm not a big Metallica fan so I'll say GNR>>Metallica.

I'll take The Doors over any band. That's just me though.

jeromechickenbone

Just more proof that downloading isn't killing record sales, it's these fucking clueless businessmen thinking they understand how to make dope music today. I can't wait till all the majors are extinct.

Love GNR, but they aren't the GOAT's.  Easily one of the GOAT's of the last 20 years though, no doubt.  And for the record, Matt Sorum is a very average drummer at best.

WC Iz Active

^^^ LOL Matt Sorum is a very good drummer.  and Jake GNR is sooo mucb more diverse the boring ass Metallica

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
^^^ LOL Matt Sorum is a very good drummer.  and Jake GNR is sooo mucb more diverse the boring ass Metallica

lol steven adler is/was a better drummer than matt sorum.

Lars> Steven Adler> matt Sorum>>new guy
James Hetfield>>>>>>>>>>izzy, gilby, new guys
Kirk Hammett>Slash (slash is cooler though, but hammett shreds slash at guitar)
Cliff Burton>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>robert Trujillo>Duff> Jason Newsted
James Hetfield>Axle Rose

GNR arn't more diverse than metallica. GNR , as much as i love them, were a harder edged Bon Jovi with a better guitarist (Slash>>>>>>>>>>>>>ritchie) .  Metallica wrote new age symphanies. For you to say Metallica isn't diverse is hysterical. They wrote songs with flamenco, country western, classical, mid eastern, thrash metal, traditional metal, 2nd wave american heavy metal, punk, classic rock, ect. ect. and not to mention the depth of the lyrics were far far far superior. all guns n roses ever talked about was sex, drugs, alcahol, and bad relationships ....metallica on the other hand after Kill Em got real deep....

Ride The Lightning
1. Fight Fire with Fire-  a song about Nuclear Holocaust
2. Ride The Lightning- a song against Capitol Punishment
3. For Whom the bell tolls- from Ernest Hemingway's book about the Spanish Civil War
4. Fade to Black- about a man who is struggling with suicidal thoughts
5. Trapped Under Ice- about a man who died in Denmark who froze to death 
6. Escape- a song about escaping from thosewho keep you from doing what you want to do/be
7. Creeping Death- About the bible story of the Plague of the Firstborn (Exodus. 12. 29)
8. call of Ktulu- an instrumental piece about the rise of HP Lovecrafts monster who awakens and creates havac , very very very VISUAL instrumental pieace

Master of Puppets

1. Battery- about how powerful anger can be and how it can control many people's feeligns
2. Master Of puppets- an anti drug song about cocaine and how it control's people's lives while destorying them
3. The Thing That should not be- a prequel in a sense to the call of Ktulu which talks abouit the story of HP lovecrafts character
4. (welcome Home) Sanitarium- About the movie/story , One Flew over the Coo Coo's Nest, and the control institutions have on people
5. Disposable Heroes- about the way the military treats soldiers in the infantry
6. Lepar messiah- ABout phony priests and televangelists who collect people's money while controlling their lives for profit
7. Orion- an instrumental piece about the constellation orion, again VERY VERY visual
8. Damage Inc. - a protest of conformity in the military

....And Justice for all
1. Blackened- Another Song about Nuclear warfare and the end of the world
2. ....and justice for all- about the corruption in the legal system and the government and how it's all controlled with money
3. Eye of the Beholder- about the lack of freedom of speech and censorship
4. One- about the story of "johnny get your gun" about a kid who goes to war and loses his sight, hearing, and speech, while losing his legs and arms as well.
5. Shortest Straw- about McCarthyism and how people were black listed for being "communist"
6. Harvestor of Sorrow- another anti drug song about how drugs tear people apart
7. Frayed Ends of Sanity- about paranoid schyzophrenia
8. To Live is to Die- a collection of riffs that Cliff Burton Wrote before he died, a tribute to him
9. Dyers Eve-  about isolation and parental anger

Metallica
1. Enter Sandman- about nightmares
2. Sad But True- about coming to terms about how evil or bad a person is when looking in the mirror
3. Holier than Though- a song about christians who judge others harshly but do worse things than those they jduge
4. The Unforgiven- about boy who goes throughout his life misunderstood and dies the same way
5. Wherever i may roam- about touring essencially
6. dont' tread on me-  a condemnation of blind patriotism during times of war
7. through the never- song about the never ending pursuit of knowledge
8. Nothing Else Matters- love song to an ex girl friend about missing her on the road
9. of wolf and man- a song about lycanthropy
10. the god that failed- a song against the christian science church and their anti medicine policies
11. my friend of misery- an outsiders view of self pitty
12. The struggle within- song about about a self destructive personality

metallica is deep! and definately has more than one dimentions

WC Iz Active

^^i appreciate all of that,I really do. but cmon man!!  how can u say kirk is better than slash!?!?! that is fuckin crazy. and how can u see james is better than Axl!?!?!   Axl's voice and lyrics were wayyy better than Hetfield's.  and how could u say James played better guitar than Izzy!?!?!  thats crazy homie

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!

lol steven adler is/was a better drummer than matt sorum.

Lars> Steven Adler> matt Sorum>>new guy
James Hetfield>>>>>>>>>>izzy, gilby, new guys
Kirk Hammett>Slash (slash is cooler though, but hammett shreds slash at guitar)
Cliff Burton>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>robert Trujillo>Duff> Jason Newsted
James Hetfield>Axle Rose

GNR arn't more diverse than metallica. GNR , as much as i love them, were a harder edged Bon Jovi with a better guitarist (Slash>>>>>>>>>>>>>ritchie) .  Metallica wrote new age symphanies. For you to say Metallica isn't diverse is hysterical. They wrote songs with flamenco, country western, classical, mid eastern, thrash metal, traditional metal, 2nd wave american heavy metal, punk, classic rock, ect. ect. and not to mention the depth of the lyrics were far far far superior. all guns n roses ever talked about was sex, drugs, alcahol, and bad relationships ....metallica on the other hand after Kill Em got real deep....

Ride The Lightning
1. Fight Fire with Fire-  a song about Nuclear Holocaust
2. Ride The Lightning- a song against Capitol Punishment
3. For Whom the bell tolls- from Ernest Hemingway's book about the Spanish Civil War
4. Fade to Black- about a man who is struggling with suicidal thoughts
5. Trapped Under Ice- about a man who died in Denmark who froze to death 
6. Escape- a song about escaping from thosewho keep you from doing what you want to do/be
7. Creeping Death- About the bible story of the Plague of the Firstborn (Exodus. 12. 29)
8. call of Ktulu- an instrumental piece about the rise of HP Lovecrafts monster who awakens and creates havac , very very very VISUAL instrumental pieace

Master of Puppets

1. Battery- about how powerful anger can be and how it can control many people's feeligns
2. Master Of puppets- an anti drug song about cocaine and how it control's people's lives while destorying them
3. The Thing That should not be- a prequel in a sense to the call of Ktulu which talks abouit the story of HP lovecrafts character
4. (welcome Home) Sanitarium- About the movie/story , One Flew over the Coo Coo's Nest, and the control institutions have on people
5. Disposable Heroes- about the way the military treats soldiers in the infantry
6. Lepar messiah- ABout phony priests and televangelists who collect people's money while controlling their lives for profit
7. Orion- an instrumental piece about the constellation orion, again VERY VERY visual
8. Damage Inc. - a protest of conformity in the military

....And Justice for all
1. Blackened- Another Song about Nuclear warfare and the end of the world
2. ....and justice for all- about the corruption in the legal system and the government and how it's all controlled with money
3. Eye of the Beholder- about the lack of freedom of speech and censorship
4. One- about the story of "johnny get your gun" about a kid who goes to war and loses his sight, hearing, and speech, while losing his legs and arms as well.
5. Shortest Straw- about McCarthyism and how people were black listed for being "communist"
6. Harvestor of Sorrow- another anti drug song about how drugs tear people apart
7. Frayed Ends of Sanity- about paranoid schyzophrenia
8. To Live is to Die- a collection of riffs that Cliff Burton Wrote before he died, a tribute to him
9. Dyers Eve-  about isolation and parental anger

Metallica
1. Enter Sandman- about nightmares
2. Sad But True- about coming to terms about how evil or bad a person is when looking in the mirror
3. Holier than Though- a song about christians who judge others harshly but do worse things than those they jduge
4. The Unforgiven- about boy who goes throughout his life misunderstood and dies the same way
5. Wherever i may roam- about touring essencially
6. dont' tread on me-  a condemnation of blind patriotism during times of war
7. through the never- song about the never ending pursuit of knowledge
8. Nothing Else Matters- love song to an ex girl friend about missing her on the road
9. of wolf and man- a song about lycanthropy
10. the god that failed- a song against the christian science church and their anti medicine policies
11. my friend of misery- an outsiders view of self pitty
12. The struggle within- song about about a self destructive personality

metallica is deep! and definately has more than one dimentions

props for this

Its true Metallica wrote sumphonie untill the black album were they became "more rock"
i disagree on the comparasions of axl -james slash and kikr hammett tho.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gJmf9H7P8l0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/gJmf9H7P8l0</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mKKbT3zyqtw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mKKbT3zyqtw</a>

both are great guitarists , however kirk hammet is just too good

WC Iz Active

^^^^slash is way better

everlast1986

I don't really know whos actually better but Kirk has showed his talent off more than Slash.

WC Iz Active

I don't really know whos actually better but Kirk has showed his talent off more than Slash.

how so?  i dont even think its a comparison, slash is on another level

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
i guess all of spice 2k7's posts in this thread are meant as comedy

Tommy Illnigga

• 'G'
  • "They want some free CD's,I'm like see these nuts"
GNR>Metallica
Axl>James Hetfield
Slash>Kirk Hammett
Lars>Steven Adler
James Hetfield>Izzy Stradlin
Cliff Burton>Duff McKagan
imo

It's Chica-I-go for

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
I'll take Metallica as whole over GnR. The first 3 or 4 albums were amazing and so were the early live shows. But I'll take Slash over Kirk just because I prefer the more blues sound, and there isn't one single Metallica record I prefer over Appetite. And Axl alone is more talented than any single Metallica member. But I think Jagger/Richards historically were much more important and better than Axl/Slash since the duo part was brought up.

Now another name I saw in that first post about old artists selling today was my boy Bruce Springsteen, who outside of technical ability on the guitar  when compared to Slash or Kirk (though he is amazing and much better than he lets on), destroys both bands on every level. Albums, Lyrics, Compositions, Singing and emoting, and Live Shows particularly.