Author Topic: Why is Eazy E not shouted out or saluted like other dead rappers?  (Read 770 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: Why is Eazy E not shouted out or saluted like other dead rappers?
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2007, 04:09:27 PM »
I've always wondered that myself. He started this gangsta shiet...and this the muthafuckin thanks he gets?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

rik

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2007, 09:06:27 PM »
Cus he didn't have any real talent.

acgrundy

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2007, 09:29:01 PM »
Man Eazy Was the Shit!

d-nice

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2007, 09:49:38 PM »
Because to praise him as a rapper you would have to include the writing skills of Cube and others. But as a businessman and pioneer of gangsta rap that legacy is set in stone. Shrewd as he was or not.

Citizen-Y

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2007, 03:14:32 AM »
Jerry Heller raised a good point, if Eazy and Heller had screwed them over like they said then why didn't they ever sue Ruthless?

Now Cube has been called out for the same shit he called Eazy on.

The Predator

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2007, 03:15:25 AM »
Bone Thugs did a sloppy job of praising Eazy on their shit after he passed away.
I think they showed him in their crossroads video for two seconds.

Tomika has failed E miserably, made no dope out of the shit E had left.
 'Str8 off the muthafuckin streets of Compton' album, that wack video for the single was pathetic.
That corny E.P. she released of unreleased Eazy material was wack as fuck.
Even MC Ren said how can you have such wack beats is disgraceful, THATS FUCKIN EAZY E!

Yella tried his best to give props to Eazy by dedicating 'one mo nigga to go' to him.

Cube, Dre have dropped a few cool words or lines about E here n there.

Ren's first single of his last solo lp had E running around in a grave yard killin people! ;D

But it's Game who by himself revived Eazy E's name in the rap game in recent years.
From talkin about him in interviews to remixing dope songs with E on them...

It's on Eazy's son now.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 03:19:56 AM by The Predator »

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2007, 03:40:22 AM »
fucc what ya heard..Eazy-E was a real G.

Bulldog - Your Not Gafflin Nobody

• 'G'
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2007, 07:36:12 AM »
fucc what ya heard..Eazy-E was a real G.

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2007, 07:51:39 AM »
cause he wasnt a good rapper

Coming from someone with a diplomat avy and cassidy/joe budden signature, to me its funny

Except setting up Ruthless Records and introducing artists like Dre, Cube, Kokane, Above The Law, BG Knoccout & Dresta,... yeah no talent
And even if his CEO position dont count, how can we say he got no talent as a rapper? tracks like "Boyz N The Hood", "Eazy-Duz-It", "Real Muthaphuckin Gz", "Any Last Werdz" are certified classic

d-nice

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2007, 08:06:08 AM »

Coming from someone with a diplomat avy and cassidy/joe budden signature, to me its funny

Except setting up Ruthless Records and introducing artists like Dre, Cube, Kokane, Above The Law, BG Knoccout & Dresta,... yeah no talent
And even if his CEO position dont count, how can we say he got no talent as a rapper? tracks like "Boyz N The Hood", "Eazy-Duz-It", "Real Muthaphuckin Gz", "Any Last Werdz" are certified classic

I don't think anyone disputes all that Eazy E has done for gangsta rap and music in general, but from a rapping standpoint it is a known fact he had ghostwriters for most of his hits, especially with NWA. Same with Dr. Dre. Music wise he has contributed alot, but as a rapper, he also had alot of ghostwriters and for me I can't put a rapper up with the greats if they have their hits written by someone else.

KlevaThug

• 'G'
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2007, 08:27:01 AM »
Bone Thugs did a sloppy job of praising Eazy on their shit after he passed away.
I think they showed him in their crossroads video for two seconds.

Sorry homie but that's a bunch of bull-shit. Bone Thugs were the only ones reppin for Eazy for the longest when nobody else would. Way before anybody knew about Game (eventhough Game did rep hard for Eazy but I'm just sayin). Bone has repped for Eazy on every one of thier albums up 2 this day. They know if it wasn't for Eazy, they wouldn't be here and they give credit 2 him every single time. For reals, name another artist that repped Eazy as hard as Bone since his death all the way up 2 this day. Yella released an album dedicated 2 him and that was it, Kokane & Above The Law haven't mentioned him for years, BG Knoccout was in prision, and Dresta hasn't done shit up until last year I believe and he was tryna take credit for discovering Bone which is BS.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2007, 08:30:43 AM »
one of the reaons is the way he died (like other dudes said). His death offers no room for conspiracy theories.

He was a cool rapper, but I can't see his as a true artist (Ghostwriter...) and that's why he doesn't get the same fame like Pac and B.I.G., besides the fact that he was not commercial enough to be a star.

People who don't listen to rap/US Rap don't know him, but everybody knows Pac/Eazy. That's why it isn't popular to shout out  Eazy

messi19

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2007, 08:32:44 AM »

But it's Game who by himself revived Eazy E's name in the rap game in recent years.
From talkin about him in interviews to remixing dope songs with E on them...

Yeah Eazy is that nigga. But since Lil Eazy started frontin Game hasn't been
talking bout him that much recently. Which is sad, cuz he was only uppin him
and giving him the praise he deserved. But oh well, can't do much about that.

G. Sean Peters

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2007, 08:37:32 AM »

Ok coming from someone with Cassidy in his sig. This person always has the worst opinions ever.

GunMaster G-9

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • click the ''Give Props'' link above
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2007, 10:02:23 AM »
Eazy E is plain gangsta.. i dont care if his shit was ghostwritten or not.. because his voice is wat is appealing....  eazy-e is gangsta... thats all that matters