Author Topic: DAz(Fat Azzz) n Kurupt Interview...sohh.com......  (Read 116 times)

Sir Hambone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hambone 2 The Dome, Hard As Stone,Took the Throne
DAz(Fat Azzz) n Kurupt Interview...sohh.com......
« on: August 08, 2001, 10:29:06 PM »
Features:
Daz & Kurupt
written by Q
Monday - August 6, 2001

Celebrating ten years of existence in the rap game, Tha Dogg Pound or Daz Dillinger & Young Gotti or just plain Daz & Kurupt are getting smoked out inside their hotel room before hitting the stage for the KS107.5 Summer Jam in Denver, Colorado. While some old school jams blast out of a little boom box, the duo pass the blunt back and forth methodically. "This is what we listen to when we smoke," says Kurupt as he takes a long drag, "gangsta sh*t."

This a full summer for the duo of Daz and Kurupt who both have a lot of responsibilities on their plate. These days they're keeping busy by running labels, pushing new albums and hyping movies. Clearly, they're not short on work or demand.

"We're doing a lot of independent things," says Daz. "[We're] pressing our own records and everything, showing these companies that we can take it from the bottom to the top." Daz launched DPG Records earlier this year and released his album, R.A.W., along with albums featuring JT The Bigga and the reunion album, Daz Dillinger & Young Gotti, featuring Daz and Kurupt spitting over some of the illest gangsta beats.

You may be wondering what's up next for the pair? Upcoming projects that include an album from Soopafly and an EP featuring tracks that Daz laid down with the late Tupac Shakur.
Kurupt's new album, Space Boogie: Smoke Odyssey, dropped on July 17 and features appearances from Xzibit, Nate Dogg, MC Ren, Tha Liks, Jon B, Everlast, and Fred Durst. The top-notch production is handled by the likes of Daz, DJ Quik, Fredwreck, Soopafly, DJ Lethal and even Kurupt himself.

"The title is self-explanatory," Kurupt says. "Gangstas in outer space in 2001. We in outer space right now, there so much sh*t going down in the streets. But it's on a whole other level, just spaced out gangsta sh*t, dammit!"

In addition to the new album, Kurupt is also dabbling a little bit in the Hollywood scene. "I'm in a new movie called 'Plague Season' with Kurt Russell and Ving Rhames," Kurupt explains. "I'm the one doing all the jackin' and shootin'!"

Unfortunately, there is another Dogg Pound project dropping this summer without Daz or Kurupt doing any 'jackin' and shootin'' on the business end. Death Row Records is releasing Dogg Pound 2002 which features previously released and unreleased tracks with Nate Dogg, Snoop Dogg, Crooked I, Xzibit, SKG, Soopafly, Jay-Z, Mac Shawn and 2pac. As far as their business relationship with Suge and Death Row, there is none left.

"We learned a lot from Suge, but we don't have any relationship with him," says Daz. "We doing our own thing, they doing they things," adds Kurupt. "Daz got DPG Records, I got my deal, Snoop got Dogghouse Records, ya know, and that's it."

As far as Daz and Kurupt's place in today's Hip-Hop game, they see things as most Hip-Hop fans see. "Sh*t changes every five years, " Daz says. "Jay-Z changed the game and we just came full circle, ya know," Kurupt adds. "Jay is the boss of the East Coast like Snoop is the boss of the West Coast. We want to have like a roundtable, a Hip-Hop union, Like Jay running the East, Snoop running the West and then you got the Dungeon Fam, Rico Wade, with OutKast, Goodie Mob, all of them they running the South."

In 2001, a close relationship has evolved between Snoop, Daz and Kurupt and the Roc-A-Fella camp, to the point where rumors were going around that Daz signed with the label. When asked, Daz keep it on the DL, "We in the mix doing some things. It's gonna be a surprise to the world so wait for it and check it out when it drops."

With all the projects scheduled for this summer and a tour rolling out this Fall that features Snoop Dogg and Tha Liks, Daz and Kurupt are already planning their next moves. "On the next album, me and Daz are gonna take em' back to the essence of everything we do, " Kurupt says. "Straight original gangsta sh*t."

ahhhh shit....Bring that original Dogg Pound Gangsta Shit Back........with some of that nigga DAZzz shit...!!!!!
i cant wait....

its tight how he said Snoop is the BOSS out WEST!!!!  Aint it the Truth!!!!

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
Hambone, all others are fake,like Clones,Hop skip and a jump punk,dirty south crunk,lyrics lethal give u a bump like a Cancer Lump,So try to Tempt,fuckin simp,eat your spinach fuckin wimp,have u all crimp and crimpled,and it was all pretty simple,Came back from haitus, my nephews and us, ya'll can't fade us,some of ya'll crossin over like traitors,Took the bait and Hook,come back around and beat your azz like a crook,if u need 2 learn go get a book,SirHambone, Welcoming me back to the WCC Home

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
Re: DAz(Fat Azzz) n Kurupt Interview...sohh.com...
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2001, 10:42:40 PM »
ya'll god dawm right doggz ;)
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2001, 10:48:51 PM »
hell yeah.. thanks for that info man.. good lookin out

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2001, 12:01:15 AM »
dopeness

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09