Author Topic: DUBCNN RUMOUR: The Fixxers No Longer On Interscope?  (Read 891 times)

Blu Lacez

Re: DUBCNN RUMOUR: The Fixxers No Longer On Interscope?
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2007, 08:00:47 PM »
U guys didnt know that Interscope only signed them for a SINGLE deal???  If they would have sold some ringtones then they woulda upstreamed to a full album... majors no longer have faith in Quik... let alone any other west coast legends... except for Snoop & Dre
^^
Is The For Real??
They Only Got Signed for a SINGLE??

Dopeisjay

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2007, 08:14:31 PM »
No theyre signed for an album deal.. theyre under the artist on "Interscope's website.. also i've heard Quik on power 106 many times.. twice they mentioned the fact of them being signed to interscope for not just the single but the album.. i dunno bout the latest rumor.. but i do know that they are signed to the label..

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2007, 12:33:11 AM »
say goodbye

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2007, 03:17:42 AM »
Hopefully they didn't buy too many chinchilla coats and Bentleys on credit.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 03:25:26 AM by gimmeyourshoes »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

DJSpin

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2007, 06:42:13 AM »
even if they got dropped they should drop independently on amg's dirty west label..  that way they dont need to "try" to appeal to the mainstream so much too...  even though i liked both singles anyway...  HOPE this is a rumor

Fonky Fresh

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2007, 07:43:48 AM »
lol false rumor to make some buzz that remind me of something..
Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2007, 08:59:16 AM »
im not a hater but this song sucks, nobody's paying attention to it and its too late to promote it more, iin my opnion The fixxers will be dropped from Interscope soon! there's no hype for this crap Idea

WestCoasta

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2007, 03:15:54 PM »
some of your other favorite west coast acts are going to be dropped from their major labels too!  :-X

finally... the westcoast is dead as james brown
the westcoast needs to wake up!

everything is dead man, South fad is over, what other area has anything good, East, North?  if u ask me I say everyone needs to wake up

I turn on the TV these days and it's nothing but the same manufactured dude from Atlanta or somewhere or some fuckin beat I heard 10 times in the past year

everybody sucks now too, you got a handful who drop some shit here and there that's good and I like, but other than that nobody tries

any album from here on out is guaranteed to have 4-5 good tracks and the rest of it filler because they are trying to please a crowd who apparently isn't reall there, therefore they're wasting time

all these guys turning pop, it didn't work it and they're running out of ideas

as if that's not enough, there's too many new acts that are laughable, causing rap music to plummet

long live the classics

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2007, 04:04:41 PM »
^^+1 homie, well said!!!

acgrundy

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2007, 05:26:55 PM »
some of your other favorite west coast acts are going to be dropped from their major labels too!  :-X

finally... the westcoast is dead as james brown
the westcoast needs to wake up!

everything is dead man, South fad is over, what other area has anything good, East, North?  if u ask me I say everyone needs to wake up

I turn on the TV these days and it's nothing but the same manufactured dude from Atlanta or somewhere or some fuckin beat I heard 10 times in the past year

everybody sucks now too, you got a handful who drop some shit here and there that's good and I like, but other than that nobody tries

any album from here on out is guaranteed to have 4-5 good tracks and the rest of it filler because they are trying to please a crowd who apparently isn't reall there, therefore they're wasting time

all these guys turning pop, it didn't work it and they're running out of ideas

as if that's not enough, there's too many new acts that are laughable, causing rap music to plummet

long live the classics

word up man.  I'm a big quik fan, always have been, and I had absolutely no interest whatsoever in this project.  Still haven't heard a single song.  Rap music sucks these days...rap is dead...less than 1% of albums are good these days, and even those have a few filler songs.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2007, 05:30:11 PM »
Damn thats crazy. "Can You Work With That" is all over the radio. I guess they're not doin as good as it seems.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2007, 06:22:54 PM »
After all these years in the game, you'd think Quik and even AMG would be smarter than this.  Interscope pimped the fuck outta them for a ringtone.  I hope whatever pocket change Interscope broke off for Quik was worth it.   For me, Quik completely trashed his credibility.  He shit on his loyal fanbase, the ones who supported him throughout the years.  He basically said "fuck you, I want these teeny boppers".  He dropped "DJ" from his name so he wouldn't sound dated, called the group some gay ass trendy name like "The Fixxers" and did their best imitation of "Laffy Taffy".

I said this shit was wack as fuck from the get go, a stupid fuckin idea. 

~Lucien~

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2007, 06:46:11 PM »
it's time for Quik/Bacon/G-One/Saadiq  8)

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2007, 08:57:41 PM »
Nima, Rud, any info yet?

Davizz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Keep It Fonky
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2007, 10:51:31 PM »
it's time for Quik/Bacon/G-One/Saadiq  8)

Uhhhhhhhh... A Dream!