Author Topic: UGK - Underground Kingz Leak  (Read 1045 times)

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
Re: UGK - Underground Kingz Leak
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2007, 05:10:30 PM »
I had high expectations for Hit The Block, overall I thot the track was terrible, beat was annoying, and T.I's verse was horrible, nothin stood out bout it, and it sounded like he was just mumbling, Buns verse was aight same with Pimp C..
Didn't really care for the Int'l Players Anthem remixes..
Living This Life was dope, I liked the beat, Pimp's verses were dope as with Bun B's..Dope track
Next Up was definently a dope track, koo beat, BDK, Bun, Kool G Rap, and Pimp all came with it, dope track
Like That made me laugh, the hook was funny as fuck, koo track..
Shattered Dreams was definently a standout track, dope concept, Pimps verse was dope as fuck also liked how he started out the track, the beat had a koo layback feel to it the hook definently fit in with it, koo how Pimp sampled Pac in his 2nd verse dope verse also, all 3 verses were dope, the song overall is def. one of the best of the album
Tell Me How Ya Feel had a dope feel to it, Pimp n Bun came with it, beat was dope
Candy was aight, koo beat koo verses..
Real Women has a dope feel to it, beat is laidback, real soulful shit, Buns verse was dope, Talib wrecked shit from flow to lyrics, dope concept loved it, DOPE track
Two Types Of Bitches Buns opening verse was dope, nice flow, I kinda couldnt understand what Pimp was sayin..Never heard of Dizzee Rascal before, didnt like his verse the song woulda been better without him, I agree with Lunatic Pimpin Ken was funny at the end lol
Cocaine was koo, I liked Buns verse, pimps verse, and Rick Ross fit in almost perfectly on this song, Cocaines a hell of a drug
Stop-N-Go was aight, hate that Jazze Pha's voice is in the background, hes annoying...koo beat tho..
Still Ridin' Dirty was dope as fuck, beat was fire..'nuff said
How Long Can It Last was koo, couldnt enjoy it tho cuz my bro keeps talkin bout Uncle Murda :-\

Disc 2 overall was dope 8.5/10  Now gonna listen to Disc 1

Lunatic

« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2007, 05:29:07 PM »
I had high expectations for Hit The Block, overall I thot the track was terrible, beat was annoying, and T.I's verse was horrible, nothin stood out bout it, and it sounded like he was just mumbling, Buns verse was aight same with Pimp C..

hit the block, horrible really? I thought swizzy came with heat on the beat (and hes not a producer i usually like) and T.I.'s verse started weak (mumbling in beginning) but near the middle he switches up the flow, and u can hear what he's saying, and i thought it was tight
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2007, 06:37:55 PM »
can someone post a link for this for me? Every upload on albumbase is down. Thanks

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2007, 08:42:27 PM »
How is the track with Scarface?

it's very good...got a banging beat, and bun & pimp kill it (especially bun's 1st verse, easily 1 of the best verses on the entire album)

Face does his thing on the hook

my only knock on the song is Face didn't drop a verse

Yeah, I know. I hate it when that happens

kemizt

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2007, 12:29:57 AM »
This album wasnt really my type of album and it wasnt all that great. But dont get me wrong there were a bunch of bangin tracks n the album was pretty solid. Id give it a final 7/10!!!

The.Game

• 'G'
« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2007, 05:23:31 AM »
PM?

If The Good Die Young? Then The Greats Go To jail

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2007, 10:52:55 AM »
Finally finished it, I had to make sure I heard the whole thing in my car properly so it took a couple days lol.  This is easily the best album of the year, in fact the best album to come out since I can remember.  It's gonna be a classic, and I can see myself listening to these tracks 10 years from now, aside from that song with Slim Thug.  That song sucks and is out of place on this album.  I've liked or loved every other track on the album though.  Can't wait to bump it again!  It was worth the wait!

Lunatic

« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2007, 10:56:06 AM »
Finally finished it, I had to make sure I heard the whole thing in my car properly so it took a couple days lol.  This is easily the best album of the year, in fact the best album to come out since I can remember.  It's gonna be a classic, and I can see myself listening to these tracks 10 years from now, aside from that song with Slim Thug.  That song sucks and is out of place on this album.  I've liked or loved every other track on the album though.  Can't wait to bump it again!  It was worth the wait!

it's a solid 9/10 or so...

I agree it's album of the year...I thought the only problem was some guests...that song with slim thug was trash, because those middle fingaz are wack...same goes for the track with dizzee rascal (i know he gets respect but he came wack)...also grind hard isn't very good, and the normal version of like that, and the 2 int'l players anthem w/o outkast are bad

I found that disc 2 doesn't have as many standouts as disc 1...i have 2 give that disc another listen today...as well as some tracks on disc 1 (1,6,7,8,9,10) i will give another listen soon to see if they jump out at me more

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2007, 11:04:16 AM »

I agree it's album of the year...I thought the only problem was some guests...that song with slim thug was trash, because those middle fingaz are wack...same goes for the track with dizzee rascal (i know he gets respect but he came wack)...also grind hard isn't very good, and the normal version of like that, and the 2 int'l players anthem w/o outkast are bad

I found that disc 2 doesn't have as many standouts as disc 1...i have 2 give that disc another listen today...as well as some tracks on disc 1 (1,6,7,8,9,10) i will give another listen soon to see if they jump out at me more

That song with Slim Thug is shit, it just sounds like a throwaway mixtape track.  The track with Dizzre Rascal is tight as hell, didn't really care for him too much, and Pimpin Ken talks for way too long, but everything else about that track was dope as fuck.  You're right about Grind Hard too, that track fits in the same category as the Slim Thug track except its a little better.  I love the normal version of Like That, it's a good party type track, I've also been bumping it for 6 months now so it's probably grown on me more.  Fuck the chopped and screwed Intl Players Anthem, I don't even count that as a track on the album, so it won't take away from the overall rating.

Lunatic

« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2007, 11:08:20 AM »

That song with Slim Thug is shit, it just sounds like a throwaway mixtape track.  The track with Dizzre Rascal is tight as hell, didn't really care for him too much, and Pimpin Ken talks for way too long, but everything else about that track was dope as fuck.  You're right about Grind Hard too, that track fits in the same category as the Slim Thug track except its a little better.  I love the normal version of Like That, it's a good party type track, I've also been bumping it for 6 months now so it's probably grown on me more.  Fuck the chopped and screwed Intl Players Anthem, I don't even count that as a track on the album, so it won't take away from the overall rating.

lol, Vicious killed that slim thug track though, so that was a bright spot...check his verse agian, he murders it...I wasn't feelin the dizzee rascal track..his verse was wack, and wasn't feelin the beat & hook...so bun & pimp can only do so much 2 save it for me...Yea, grind hard fits...the feat.'s on that were so un-necessary...the version of like that is a good party track, but i feel like it doesn't fit with the rest of the album...i find the prod. on this album sounds like it was done by 1 producer, i think UGK was trying to go for that old school feel when 1 prod. would do an entire album, and u could tell...like that didn't fit the sound of the album IMO...yea i dont really count the S&C as a song either...and the remix with three 6 is wack as well

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2007, 11:12:11 AM »
Go to Pimp C's Myspace Page NOW

You can download a leftover track from the album "Suicide Doors" ft. David Banner, and a new Pimp song called "Pussy N*gga Anthem"

myspace.com/pimpcofugk

Suicide Doors is dope!

Lunatic

« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2007, 11:35:14 AM »

You can download a leftover track from the album "Suicide Doors" ft. David Banner, and a new Pimp song called "Pussy N*gga Anthem"

myspace.com/pimpcofugk

Suicide Doors is dope!

im'a go in a few...that suicide doors track i think is an actual banner song, i think from his upcoming album...that's what i saw it advertised as a while ago, perhaps plans changed...PNA is a lil troy diss

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2007, 11:38:14 AM »

myspace.com/pimpcofugk

Suicide Doors is dope!

im'a go in a few...that suicide doors track i think is an actual banner song, i think from his upcoming album...that's what i saw it advertised as a while ago, perhaps plans changed...PNA is a lil troy diss
damn, sounded like something that could have been from this album.  i'll count it as a leftover anyway!

Lunatic

« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2007, 12:11:09 PM »

myspace.com/pimpcofugk

Suicide Doors is dope!

damn, sounded like something that could have been from this album.  i'll count it as a leftover anyway!

lol it's all good

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2007, 02:39:33 PM »
Gonna cop this on Tuesday, get paid tomoro 8)