Author Topic: Should be meeting Kokane and George Clinton tonight  (Read 3507 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Re: Should be meeting Kokane and George Clinton tonight
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2007, 06:40:45 PM »
Kokane is my dude, and if Tanj got some good footage, I don't see why we shouldn't use it... He's not a dubcnn staff member but we've had guest contributors before, like NonCentz and stuff. I'll check out what he got and if it's cool I don't see a reason why it won't be used.

Edit:

It was wrong to say you're a "founding dubcnn member", because you don't work for the site, I'm gonna clarify that with Koka, you should have said you're a forum member.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 06:54:06 PM by Nima »

E-Crazy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • E-Crazy
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2007, 06:52:53 PM »
Damn, I dont know why Justin is trippin, Content is Content Right? if its good content by a good contributor then why not have it on your site? You want to do it all on your own? sorry Superman.

d-nice

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2007, 08:46:08 PM »
Man I back the homie T 200%. Now I have only been on the site a year, but I say if Nima and Rud and them are cool with it, use the material. George Clinton ain't going to say much audible but most def I want to hear what Kokane got to say and pictures are always good.

Lunatic

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2007, 11:01:03 PM »
come on man, y'all trippin, sounds like an honest mistake
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2007, 12:04:40 AM »
thats fuckin great man.  geroge clinton, the man himself.

as far as im concerned, without you we wouldnt even have had ANY news on these cats.  no matter if you the man who runs this shit, or is one of the peasents, your info is valued because you are a legit poster.

so fuck what we think, you fuckin meet George Clinton!  aye, thats one more funk legend than me.   :pimp:

thanks for letting me know about this man.   8)

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2007, 04:59:04 AM »
thanks Nima. Yeah I didn't get footage, but I got some pics. I figured one of the pics and a caption promoting them would be cool.

Just waiting on the girl in my signature to send me those pics. When she works she works all day, so I'll just keep calling her till her day off until she sends me that shit. She's a good homey but she's kind of flaky(what young stoner isn't?) so I'll stay on it just saying it ain't immediate and ain't waiting on me.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2007, 05:16:10 AM »
is gearge clinton really as spaced out as its made?

you know, he is but he isn't.

He's hard to deal with socially if you don't already know him well(not to say that he wasn't very nice, cause he was) but as far as him in the studio? The man is a machine. I was there for like 3 hours and he was straight WORKING, laying down TAKE after TAKE after TAKE for more than 2/3 of that time. It sounded good by the time he was done too, he really impressed me. After the promo stuff gets put up I'll go into more detail.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2007, 11:52:20 AM »
you should have said you're a forum member.

A forum member? So that's all he is around here? Nima, you should be ashamed of yourself, you were still looking for 2Pac singles online when Tanjint was doin' it big, helpin' this site take off...Seriously man. :grumpy:

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2007, 11:56:33 AM »
thats some shaddy shit ya'll doin to tanj. dudes tryin to hook dubcc up and niggas are hating on em. what a shame i thought niggas was doin all this for the love of westcoast music
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Konvict

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2007, 06:26:40 PM »
damn u mustve got fuckin comatosed with them niggaz man haha good lookin mayne

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2007, 11:50:42 AM »
well I want to be the first to say that I should have talked to Nima before anything went down but for the record it did all kinda just happen in one day. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't embarrassed by the whole thing.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Paul

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2007, 12:15:03 PM »
Content is Content Right? if its good content by a good contributor then why not have it on your site?

good say
funkyfreshintheflesh

We Fly High

« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2007, 12:30:36 PM »
i aint mad at you tanj, but it seems like you kinda understand where i was coming from..

(that first dubcc/dubcnn distinction, thats not as important as i made it to be.. but basically you were never official staff according to both respective owners of the sites)

if you went about this in a legitimate way and was just hookin some weed up with them, choppin it up,  and just taking some pictures. shit, I probably wouldnt mind the pictures up on the front site. like you guys said content is content. But however, when you compromise the content by obtaining it in an illegitimate manner, and doing it under a  false pre-tense (claiming dubcnn), that is when i start to have a problem with it.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2007, 12:58:07 PM »
Yeah and like I said, that was an honest mistake. This place is portrayed as so much of a community (of which I always have felt I was part of the foundation of) that I didn't tell the difference until someone told me, which was after the fact. Had I known what was what, this wouldn't have happened. I know this site started with a bunch of Europeans, but you have to understand that there's alot of Californians as members now and alot of people will be meeting artists. That said, I think there should be some kind of disclaimer on the main site, the forum or both. Especially if this has happened before, which is what I was told.

I really am offended by the notion of me trying to deceive anybody cause that's not what was going down.

Regardless, it's fine that corrective action is to be taken(explaining to those dudes my actual position), I was just very put off by "leave this be, or we'll tell them you were lying"(which by all intent and purposes can be defined as a threat, and threats are something I neither give nor solicit so that was startling) 
because a) I wasn't lying, I was just mistaken.
and b)I did no harm and telling them I was lying would make my next interaction with them (I was invited to a video shoot this Friday and I was told all of the cats I met would be there) very awkward and would make me look extra bad which I felt would be rather unfair considering the results of my actions (however misguided) were relatively harmless. I'm not saying I don't want them to know the truth, I just don't want them to think I deliberately deceived them or anyone for that matter because that's not what went down.

and I ain't mad at you either man, like I said, I am just startled and put off by threats. I don't threaten people, diss people, or even attack people so that just felt very unsolicited. No matter how annoying or misguided I may be at times, I am not malicious and I don't feel I deserve to be threatened but like I said I see where you're coming from. I just hope that the frame of mind you were in when you said that is no longer the one you are in.

-T

« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 01:00:53 PM by Tanjibility is voting to protect medical marijuana: Clinton »

westcoastavengers.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2007, 02:39:09 PM »
Some people just have sticks up their asses, and some don't...You guys really think Kokane is all wondering about Tanjint, and contemplating if he's the founder of dubcnn or not? you honestly think he gives a shit?...I'd be surprised if he even remembers T said anything about that. Seriously, though, chill out...As far as I'm concerned, the OGs on here who helped create the dub got more claim than cats who later jumped on the boat and helped create the dubs child, dubcnn...You guys needa loosen up, kick back, and recognize. It's all supposed to be love. Newbies :grumpy:...PeACe