Author Topic: Tyronn Lue & Chauncey Billups conviced KG to go to Boston?  (Read 76 times)

GangstaBoogy

Tyronn Lue & Chauncey Billups conviced KG to go to Boston?
« on: August 06, 2007, 12:19:56 PM »
myespn.go.com/nba/truehoop

Shira Springer of the Boston Globe has an amazing account of the trade talks that led to Kevin Garnett landing in Boston. Turns out a key figure was ... Tyronn Lue?: "Back in Los Angeles a few days later, Garnett sought the counsel of his best friends, Detroit's Chauncey Billups and Atlanta's Tyronn Lue. Garnett has an offseason home in Malibu, Calif., Billups was in LA for an Adidas photo shoot with Garnett. Lue spends about a month with Garnett in Malibu every summer, though he was in the city to have his right knee scoped July 17 by the Lakers' team doctor. The trio discussed the teams interested in Garnett -- Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, Dallas, the Lakers, and Phoenix -- and which presented the best scenario for the 10-time All-Star. Billups and Lue helped convince Garnett that Boston would be a good place to play, recognizing what the power forward could add to a mix that already included Pierce and Allen. Also, Lue endorsed Doc Rivers as a coach, having played briefly for him in Orlando at the start of the 2003-04 season. 'I talked to KG and it was tough at first because he's so loyal to Minnesota, his family, friends, and the fans,' said Lue, who was spotted at an LA tennis tournament with Garnett July 20. 'All he knew was Minnesota for the last 12 years. I thought Boston would be a great situation, a perfect situation with Paul Pierce and Ray Allen. I thought automatically they'd be in the Eastern Conference finals with KG. He thought about it and asked, 'You think so?' I said, 'Yeah.' 'Then, Chauncey came out and said, 'You have to take the best thing for you and that's playing in Boston, even though we'd be in the same conference and play four times a year.' We definitely convinced him to choose Boston because two great players were already in place. Adding KG and being in the Eastern Conference, it'd be easier to win. 'Then, KG asked me, 'What about the city?' I said, 'You don't go out anyway, so it doesn't matter. You don't go out of the house. You could play in Alaska.' He's like, 'Yeah, you're right.'"

Burn in hell Billups! I can't wait till you tear your ACL. And Lue, wait till you hit puberty faggot!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Tyronn Lue & Chauncey Billups conviced KG to go to Boston?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 12:32:10 PM »
The "fuck Jordan" theory was better...