Author Topic: 8.10.07 - 50 Cent "If Kanye sells more records... I won't put out any more solo  (Read 696 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
In terms of acclaim, history shows Kanye will win. When it comes to sales, it shows 50 will outsell all of Kanye's albums put together, AGAIN! This is why I'm buying 2 Kanyes, lets get the movement started. This will be Kanye's highest selling album of all time.

Kanye's history:

College Dropout
sales: 2xs platinum US
reviews: 4.5mics, XXL, 4stars in the Rolling Stone

Graduation
sales: 1x platinum US
reviews: (can't find Source review), XXL, Rolling Stone's album of the year award.

50 Cent's history:

Get Rich or Die Tryin'
sales: 7xs platinum US
reviews: 4mics, XXL, 4 stars in the Rolling Stone

The Massacre
sales: 5xs platinum US
reviews: (no Source review), XL, 4 stars in the Rolling Stones

wcsoldier

^^^^ Late Registration and College Dropout both did around 2.7 M ... Graduation ain't out yet

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Theres no way thats gonna happen, its not even in his power, he has 2 albums left on Interscope and he cant do shit about it.

This is all for publicity.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Theres no way thats gonna happen, its not even in his power, he has 2 albums left on Interscope and he cant do shit about it.

This is all for publicity.

Yeah, damn. how could we forget about that +1

kemizt

wcsoldier

I know Kanye ain't an aggressive dude, but I'll never understand why he's so peaceful with 50. He's been pushing his buttons for about 2 years now. Check...

http://www.zshare.net/audio/30676196210129/

He even through jabs at Lil Wayne
because Kanye knows it's all about entertainment and promotion .. fifty just likes talking shit about others rappers but it ain't personnal (outside Ja) .. that's why dudes like the Lox and Fat Joe lost business wise ... they have both took the beef seriously , made a gang of diss tracks (50 didn't even respond seriously)  but at the end of the day G Unit stans who are the average consumer won't buy their album

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I was listening to a 50 interview yesterday, when he was in Philly and he finally went into specifics about this statements:

He said that if Kanye sells more, that he'll still put out BISD and greatest hits (because of course, hes under a contract) but wont promote them at all.

This could actually be a good thing, because 50 not obssesed with sales = no bs singles like Amusement Park.

jeromechickenbone

I was listening to a 50 interview yesterday, when he was in Philly and he finally went into specifics about this statements:

He said that if Kanye sells more, that he'll still put out BISD and greatest hits (because of course, hes under a contract) but wont promote them at all.

This could actually be a good thing, because 50 not obssesed with sales = no bs singles like Amusement Park.

I don't know how he can do that.  If Interscope tells him to do promote it, I'd think he'd have to promote it.  Otherwise risk violating his contract and forfeiting millions of dollars. 

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
New Shit from 50:

"Kanye sucks," 50 said. "I'm going to be honest, he sounds like a robot, he has a robot record," ridiculing West's hit single "Stronger."

LOL, thîs dude is doin too much!!!
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Sikotic™

I'm praying Kanye outsells Snitchy Cent. Not because I like necessarily Kanye, but IMO, he's the lesser of two evils.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

wcsoldier

Amazon sales : Kanye album number 8 , 50 album number 62 .... Amazon never lies