Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171063 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #255 on: October 09, 2007, 07:12:59 AM »
Everton gets AZ Alkmaar in UEFA CUP. Who is it on these boards that supports them? Someone does, I remember.

We got a good group! Quite happy.

Mauzip does, if I remember correctly...

Wheres Mauz now?

Wenger messed up not splashing some cash on Craig Gordon, who is without a doubt the best British Goalkeeper at the moment, Only Cech, VDS and BUffon are better in Europe.

I think Howard is up there with the best. Rarely puts a foot wrong.

You're just saying that cause u support Everton

No I aint mate. We have had our fair share of awful keepers, Wright, Gerrard, Simonsen etc. Nigel Martyn was world class in my opnion. Tim Howard is class and we only get better. Hes a shot stopper and is good at what he does. Rarely makes a mistake like say David James, Lehman etc.

If I remember correctly, Howard has done his fair share of bloopers ;)

kemizt

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #256 on: October 09, 2007, 08:33:03 AM »
Everton gets AZ Alkmaar in UEFA CUP. Who is it on these boards that supports them? Someone does, I remember.

Wheres Mauz now?

Wenger messed up not splashing some cash on Craig Gordon, who is without a doubt the best British Goalkeeper at the moment, Only Cech, VDS and BUffon are better in Europe.

No I aint mate. We have had our fair share of awful keepers, Wright, Gerrard, Simonsen etc. Nigel Martyn was world class in my opnion. Tim Howard is class and we only get better. Hes a shot stopper and is good at what he does. Rarely makes a mistake like say David James, Lehman etc.

agreed...that was why his utd career never panned out...seems to have done well enough at everton...Reinas better though...got to be top 3 in our league without question

wooohoo ive gt a £40 bet wit my m8 that torres scores more than ten in the league dis year

7 in 12 games so far(all competetions

bez

« Reply #257 on: October 09, 2007, 12:55:25 PM »

Wheres Mauz now?

agreed...that was why his utd career never panned out...seems to have done well enough at everton...Reinas better though...got to be top 3 in our league without question

wooohoo ive gt a £40 bet wit my m8 that torres scores more than ten in the league dis year

As far as in an Everton top. I dont think Tim has made mistakes. There was a goal which Matthew Taylor scored against him which I think he could of saved but apart from that I dont think there has been a mistake. Reina on the other hand, Derby day, Lee Carsley stike. haha.

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #258 on: October 09, 2007, 02:49:21 PM »
Craig Gordon has kept 2 clean sheets against Anelka, Henry, Trezeguet, Ribery, Wiltord, Malouda and the rest. Nuff said. Howard and Reina are both very good goalkeepers, but IMO not on the same level as Gordon. And he will only get better.

The Maestro

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #259 on: October 09, 2007, 03:46:25 PM »

Wheres Mauz now?

Your mate is a fucking idiot.
NO MORE WAR

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #260 on: October 09, 2007, 03:51:48 PM »
well i could have swore we said in all competetions to start with,....but he said "nar i said prem"...and i just thought hahaha ok

easy money me likey 8) 8)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #261 on: October 09, 2007, 05:52:12 PM »
well i could have swore we said in all competetions to start with,....but he said "nar i said prem"...and i just thought hahaha ok

If your mate thought Fernando Torres would not score 10 goals in all competitions this season then he is the most idiotic cunt I may have ever heard of.

If it is just 10 league goals then your mate is just a fucking idiot.
NO MORE WAR

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #262 on: October 10, 2007, 02:24:10 AM »

If your mate thought Fernando Torres would not score 10 goals in all competitions this season then he is the most idiotic cunt I may have ever heard of.

indeed LOL....he thought Torres wouldnt settle or sumthin...haha imma try an get a few more bets going with him....

double or quits for 15 goals maybe 8) 8)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #263 on: October 11, 2007, 05:37:35 AM »

indeed LOL....he thought Torres wouldnt settle or sumthin...haha imma try an get a few more bets going with him....

double or quits for 15 goals maybe 8) 8)

Knowing him he would prolly happily take that bet.
NO MORE WAR

bez

« Reply #264 on: October 11, 2007, 08:08:38 AM »
Craig Gordon has kept 2 clean sheets against Anelka, Henry, Trezeguet, Ribery, Wiltord, Malouda and the rest. Nuff said. Howard and Reina are both very good goalkeepers, but IMO not on the same level as Gordon. And he will only get better.

I dont get your point. Just cos u keep a clean sheet in a game against France, you're now suddenly better than everyone else. hes a good keeper sure, but yet unproven. And mistakes WILL happen to him. How will he only get better? He might flow big time and conceed 5 a game from now on.

Paul

« Reply #265 on: October 11, 2007, 08:26:30 AM »

I dont get your point. Just cos u keep a clean sheet in a game against France, you're now suddenly better than everyone else. hes a good keeper sure, but yet unproven. And mistakes WILL happen to him. How will he only get better? He might flow big time and conceed 5 a game from now on.

unproven! hes been the best goalkeeper in the spl for the last 3-4 years, hes the scotland number 1 and the most expensive keeper in british football, to me hes a proven keeper, and imo he has way more talent than reina and howard
funkyfreshintheflesh

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #266 on: October 11, 2007, 09:33:29 AM »

unproven! hes been the best goalkeeper in the spl for the last 3-4 years, hes the scotland number 1 and the most expensive keeper in british football, to me hes a proven keeper, and imo he has way more talent than reina and howard

<a href="http://youtube.com/v/0BGC6Oek_wA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://youtube.com/v/0BGC6Oek_wA</a>
NO MORE WAR

bez

« Reply #267 on: October 11, 2007, 10:22:46 AM »

Come on ... he's been playing for Hearts, hardly a world class team and lets been totally honest The Scottish league is utter shite. I hate to say it, but it is, its utter shite. He might as well of been playing Division 2 football in England for that amount of time. And its surly not hard to be Scotlands number one keeper is it. I am not just using the Scotland rant here because again if we look at it hes now gone to Sunderland.

Sunderland are not a strong club and they are going to leak goals all season. Therefore this is giving Craig Gordon more shots to save and try and save, therefore making him look better. Keepers like Howard and Reina makes saves when they have to, not just because the defense is shit and its piss easy to get a shot away.

Paul

« Reply #268 on: October 11, 2007, 11:53:04 AM »

<a href="http://youtube.com/v/0BGC6Oek_wA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://youtube.com/v/0BGC6Oek_wA</a>

lol, seriously though in my opinion gordon is the better goalkeeper
funkyfreshintheflesh

Paul

« Reply #269 on: October 11, 2007, 11:58:56 AM »

Come on ... he's been playing for Hearts, hardly a world class team and lets been totally honest The Scottish league is utter shite. I hate to say it, but it is, its utter shite. He might as well of been playing Division 2 football in England for that amount of time. And its surly not hard to be Scotlands number one keeper is it. I am not just using the Scotland rant here because again if we look at it hes now gone to Sunderland.

Sunderland are not a strong club and they are going to leak goals all season. Therefore this is giving Craig Gordon more shots to save and try and save, therefore making him look better. Keepers like Howard and Reina makes saves when they have to, not just because the defense is shit and its piss easy to get a shot away.

the small mindedness of some english is ubeleivable, i bet you dont even watch scottish football, and you have the cheek to compare it to the 2nd division in england :o, last season hibs reserves beat a pretty decent charlton side, this pre season hibs beat a decent middlesborough and bolton sides pretty easily, im just using my team as an example, yes there are 3 or 4 poor teams in the top league but the majority of the football played in scotland is very good, imo celtic and rangers would be top 10 sides in the premiership and if hibs and hearts had the financial backing that premiership sides do they would be able to make it. start watching before you make a comment
funkyfreshintheflesh