Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171097 times)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #270 on: October 11, 2007, 12:03:20 PM »
Craig Gordon has kept 2 clean sheets against Anelka, Henry, Trezeguet, Ribery, Wiltord, Malouda and the rest. Nuff said. Howard and Reina are both very good goalkeepers, but IMO not on the same level as Gordon. And he will only get better.

I dont get your point. Just cos u keep a clean sheet in a game against France, you're now suddenly better than everyone else. hes a good keeper sure, but yet unproven. And mistakes WILL happen to him. How will he only get better? He might flow big time and conceed 5 a game from now on.

unproven! hes been the best goalkeeper in the spl for the last 3-4 years, hes the scotland number 1 and the most expensive keeper in british football, to me hes a proven keeper, and imo he has way more talent than reina and howard

<a href="http://youtube.com/v/0BGC6Oek_wA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://youtube.com/v/0BGC6Oek_wA</a>

lol, seriously though in my opinion gordon is the better goalkeeper

You coulda been a bit less predictable then posting that pal.
NO MORE WAR

Paul

« Reply #271 on: October 11, 2007, 12:06:36 PM »
Craig Gordon has kept 2 clean sheets against Anelka, Henry, Trezeguet, Ribery, Wiltord, Malouda and the rest. Nuff said. Howard and Reina are both very good goalkeepers, but IMO not on the same level as Gordon. And he will only get better.

I dont get your point. Just cos u keep a clean sheet in a game against France, you're now suddenly better than everyone else. hes a good keeper sure, but yet unproven. And mistakes WILL happen to him. How will he only get better? He might flow big time and conceed 5 a game from now on.

unproven! hes been the best goalkeeper in the spl for the last 3-4 years, hes the scotland number 1 and the most expensive keeper in british football, to me hes a proven keeper, and imo he has way more talent than reina and howard

<a href="http://youtube.com/v/0BGC6Oek_wA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://youtube.com/v/0BGC6Oek_wA</a>

funkyfreshintheflesh

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #272 on: October 11, 2007, 01:47:02 PM »

:)
NO MORE WAR

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #273 on: October 11, 2007, 02:50:14 PM »
WRT Howard he was a great goalie for united for three quarters of his first season was even in the PFA team of the year.

Unfortunatly he made a few mistakes and at United they get magnafied, glad to see he is doing well at everton.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #274 on: October 11, 2007, 07:56:39 PM »

2 games against france pal. And im no even going to continue this scottish/english football discussion, because you dont know what you are talking about. I like Everton, i always watch out for them because of MOyes and Mcfadden, but they are a good few levels below the standard of Celtic. Who was the last big team Everton beat in Europe?

Craig Gordon is, by a country mile, a far far better goalkeeper than Tim Howard. Hence the most expensive British goalkepper tag.

The Maestro

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #275 on: October 14, 2007, 01:00:05 PM »
good wkend for english and scotish football again  :) terrible result for wales though losing 3-1 to cyprus  :-X

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #276 on: October 14, 2007, 01:01:00 PM »
International "weeks/weekends" are so fucking boring.

kemizt

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #277 on: October 14, 2007, 01:06:18 PM »
^ nah not from an entertainment viewpoint.. instead of everyone havin divided loyalty for club level, everyone bands together for national.. always have a good wkend when england are on, which usually results in gettin wasted  :)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #278 on: October 14, 2007, 01:10:32 PM »
^ nah not from an entertainment viewpoint.. instead of everyone havin divided loyalty for club level, everyone bands together for national.. always have a good wkend when england are on, which usually results in gettin wasted  :)

Yeah, but I never get to see England play, and Norway fucking sucks..

kemizt

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #279 on: October 14, 2007, 02:04:28 PM »
Its been an ok weekend, not that many truly exciting games though. Was good to see Riquelme got a couple of goals for Argentina, despite having not played competitively at all since the Copa America.

Colombia - Brazil kicks off soon, should be a decent game.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #280 on: October 14, 2007, 03:18:41 PM »
I agree with K

Club over Country every day of the week.

I didn't even watch the Scotland game.

I love my favourite but I don't support our football team.

Bring on the Old Firm on Saturday!!!
NO MORE WAR

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #281 on: October 14, 2007, 09:07:12 PM »
Celtic forever, Scotland a day longer.

Another fantastic result for us, sat up at 3 in the morning on the other side of the world, got abuse from my girlfriend for waking her up with my roaring. lol I dont even want to say it, but we are nearly there.

Hey Antonio, is there anyway results can go that would mean us drawing in November sends us both through?

Oh and Scott Brown truly is world class, and any other day of the week i fucking despise that little runt Hutton, but even he put in an excellent shift, along with Barry, Mculloch and Davie Weir.

The Maestro

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #282 on: October 15, 2007, 06:42:00 AM »
And there's no CL this week either..

Fuck it

kemizt

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #283 on: October 15, 2007, 07:08:45 AM »
I agree with K

I dont really enjoy international weekend's either, it breaks up the flow of the league.

Def club over country i was a united supporter before an england one and in all honesty i have huge issues supporting players who every other week i hate.

I also hate the over reaction to all england results and the general harrassment and blame individuals receive when england are knocked out of a tournamenmt !

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Paul

« Reply #284 on: October 15, 2007, 10:00:22 AM »
I agree with K

I dont really enjoy international weekend's either, it breaks up the flow of the league.

Def club over country i was a united supporter before an england one and in all honesty i have huge issues supporting players who every other week i hate.

I also hate the over reaction to all england results and the general harrassment and blame individuals receive when england are knocked out of a tournamenmt !

what was that about with frank lampard? it was an absolute disgrace whatever
funkyfreshintheflesh